Connect with us

Education Visa

Study in Thailand and travelling at the same time with Education Visa

Apply Now


Why Apply For Education Visa Through The Thaiger?

We guarantee the highest quality of service, so you can enjoy a worry-free and most reliable visa application. Your education visa application process will be simple, easy, and time-efficient.

What is Education Visa?

Also known as Non-Immigrant Visa ED, Education Visa allows all foreign nationals to study or attend a training course in Thailand. It applies to those pursuing their bachelor’s degree or higher education or currently taking language courses or vocational courses in Thailand.

There are multiple options for study in Thailand, from taking a university course to training to become a Buddhist monk. However, the most popular purpose of obtaining an education visa is to learn Thai at a language school.

Apply Now

How to Apply for an Education Visa

Applying for an education visa is more straightforward than it seems. Below is the general outline of the application process.

Choose a program of your choice

Choose the program you wish to study and specify definitive dates.

Know the required documents

Things such as a letter of admission are needed. Make sure to have all the required documents ready in one place.

Personal Information

Provide your personal information such as name, nationality, passport number, etc. and submit them to our team.

Wait for notification

You will be notified when your education visa application is approved.

Things You Should Know Before Applying for an Education Visa

Education visa is widely available to every nationalities who wish to study in Thailand as a great option for those who want to stay in the country for long term. Before you apply, make sure you understand what the visa entails.


The only criteria for Non-Immigrant Visa ED or Education Visa are that you have to be aged 12 or over and legitimately want to study or participate in a training course in Thailand.

Find an Accredited School

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs have to recognise the school, company, or organisation you are studying or training with. Therefore, make sure that your school of choice has the correct accreditation.

Visa Validity

The initial visa validity is 90 days unless otherwise instructed by the Office of Immigration Bureau.

Visa Extension

You can extend the visa and stay in the country for one year.

Customer Ratings


40 reviews

Customer Reviews


Get an education visa and enjoy your stay in Thailand for longer, apply for a Thai lessons, boxing class or even cooking class and make your holiday more unique.

Kenzie Calhoun


We were very impressed with this agency’s services and rates. I would recommend the Thaiger to anyone wanting to come to Thailand on an education visa

William M.


2-3 years ago I went to Thailand on an education visa for 6 months to learn the language in Chaing Mai, it was by far one of the best holidays. I will be recommending people sign-up with the Thaiger.

Kenzie Calhoun


We had an excellent experience! The representative who helped us, Lana, was knowledgeable, efficient and clear. She followed us throughout the whole process until we got our visa.

Nevaeh Watts


Services were delivered exactly as advertised! There was one small error with my paperwork (which was my own fault), One of the Thaiger’s partners called me immediately to get it fixed. thank you for helping out! 5 stars!

Gordon Phelps


Education Visa in Thailand can be a good alternative to travellers who want to spend more time in Thailand, I got a cooking class a few years ago, this trip I am planning to maybe get a meditation course.

Jenny Black

Types of Education Visa Packages

There is a wide area of study you can pursue with an Education Visa. Below, we have listed some of our Education Visa Packages based on the type of study or training you want.

Many foreigners want to learn the Thai language, especially for those who plan to live in Thailand. You can take courses from beginner to advanced class. Besides learning the beautiful Thai language, you will get a deep understanding of Thai culture and society, such as Thai customs, history and politics, Thai music, and even Thai dance.

Key Points:

  • All-in-one package for an education visa and language school application.
  • A wide range of accredited schools to choose from.
  • Depends on your own preferences and the amount of time you want to spend studying.

You can get an education visa to learn Muay Thai. Many schools in Thailand offer this course, and you can choose the location you want, whether it is in Bangkok or Phuket.

Key Points:

  • All-in-one package for an education visa and Muay Thai school application.
  • Pick the location around Thailand you want.
  • Get valuable Muay Thai skills.

Get an education visa and learn the art of Thai cooking. Numerous culinary schools in Thailand offers a 90-day education visa cooking program, allowing you to complete the courses at your own pace.

Key Points:

  • All-in-one package for an education visa and culinary school application.
  • Learn how to cook delicious Thai cuisines.
  • A wide range of culinary school options across Thailand.

Personal and experiential understanding of yoga philosophy. Whether you want to address certain physical limitations, create a regular home practice or deepen and intensify your existing practice.

Key Points:

  • Understanding yoga philosophy
  • Learn the basic for regular home practice

In Thailand, the course will teach you everything you need to know about diving safely, diving equipment, dive preparation, and how to have an endless supply of excitement and fun. It requires a medical statement to make sure you are fit to dive into the water.

Key Points:

  • Teaches about diving safely, diving equipment, and dive preparation
  • Requires medical statement for fit to dive

Immerse in Thailand’s beauty while learning valuable skills.

Thailand Education Visa allowed me to enjoy everything the country has to offer while learning the Thai language! Thank you the Thaiger, for the help with everything, from finding the school to the visa application. They have excellent communicating skills and an efficient team, making the entire process faster.

Top tip: Know what you want to learn first, find a good school, then apply for an education visa

Required Documents for Education Visa

Visa processes are subject to sudden changes by the Immigration Bureau. That’s why we do our very best to keep the information on this page up to date. We provide the most reliable information so you can have the fastest transaction. The whole process is relatively easy if you know about the rules, and all the necessary documents are required.

1. Travel documents – Your passport with validity, not less than 6 months and Two passport-size photographs (2″x2″) and must have a light colour background with a full-face view.

2. Application form – Visa application form must be completely filled out.

3. Passport – Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months.

4. Letter of acceptance from the academic organisation – You have to provide a signed letter of acceptance to proof your study in Thailand.

Join the many satisfied customers who’ve got their Education Visa with The Thaiger.

Other related services

Below, we have listed several services that may make your life in Thailand easier, so you can focus on your study and enjoy Thailand’s charm without any worry.

Health Insurance

Shield yourself from the unexpected in the circumstance of any health issues or illnesses. Check out what health insurance covers and how it prevents you from having to pay the entire cost of medical care if you get injured or sick..

Read More

Personal Accident Insurance

Make sure you have personal accident insurance to cover you in the case of an accident, impairment, life-changing condition, or even mortality. Personal accident insurance is the best way to protect yourself in Thailand.

Read More

Car Insurance

A lot of unpredictable accidents on the road. Wherever you go, make sure you are covered for any accidents on your next trip.

Read More

Credit Cards

Life in Thailand can be more comfortable with a Credit Card. It provides more than just financial freedom, but also numerous other benefits..

Read More

Other Types of Visa in Thailand

Want to live and work in Thailand? Or do you need to conduct business in the Land of Smiles? Below are some visa types offered in Thailand.

Tourist Visa

Explore Thailand’s beauty, learn its beautiful culture, and try its mouthwatering food with a tourist visa! It allows you to enter and stay in Thailand for up to 60 days for tourism purposes.

Employment Visa

For foreign workers who intend to work in Thailand, an employment visa is the correct visa type. Let the Thaiger advise and support through all of the application processes and get more advantages.

Marriage Visa

A marriage visa is one of the most difficult visas to obtain in Thailand. If you are legally married to a Thai national and have met the requirements, we’ll help make the process easier.

Retirement Visa

Planning to spend your retirement years in Thailand? Get a Thai retirement visa now and stay in this beautiful tropical country for as long as you want.

Business Visa

Conducting a business in Thailand requires a business visa. If you are a foreigner who wishes to invest in businesses or work in Thailand, you must first get a business visa before you can apply for a work permit. The Thaiger offers a no-fuss business visa application for you.

Thailand Elite Visa

The Thai Elite Visa allows you to reside in Thailand for long-term (5, 10, or 20 years). It comes with many benefits as well. If you are an investor or a businessman who travel to Thailand multiple times a year, this visa is ideal for you.

Other Visa

Looking for other visa types not listed above? We’ve got you. Thailand offers many options for its visitors, and we strive to help you access those options more easily.

Visa Services

The Thaiger visa services ensure a hassle-free visa application to Thailand. Don’t worry about getting it done on your own because we’re here to do the legwork. If you need a visa extension, renewal, 90-day reporting, cancellation, or even a visa run while in Thailand, we are always ready to help. Let us help make your stay in the Land of Smiles more convenient.

Visa Services

Visa services are made possible for foreigners who are living in Thailand. Several people enter the Kingdom of Thailand on a visa upon arrival & they would like to apply for visa extension, visa renewal, 90-day reporting, visa cancellation or even visa runs while in Thailand.

The visa stamp in your passport tells you when you may enter a country and for how long, but it does not limit your allowed time of stay in the country. Beyond the expiration of the visa stamp, you will be in the country as long as your immigration status and arrival record remain valid. If your visa will soon expire, you will have to make an appointment at the nearest local immigration for the process of visa renewal.

You can extend your visa by applying at any immigration office in Thailand if you decide that you want to stay longer than the allotted time. These services are provided in order to ensure a hassle-free stay in the Kingdom for foreigners. You don’t need to think about how you can get stuff done on your own

Frequently Asked Questions about Education Visa

There are some areas that can prove challenging, but you can learn with perseverance and dedication.

The fee for an education visa is 1,900 baht but will depend on what course you decide to choose.

You’ll have to pay that amount every three months when you extend your visa

When you are in Thailand on a student visa, there’s no way to work legally.

If you get an official job with the according visa and a work permit, you can also study on this visa, but not the other way around.

You are allowed to stay for the duration of your course, as specified in your initial visa application.

Extending your ED visa is close to the first application process.

-For those studying Thai, what’s different is that the immigration officer might throw a few Thai questions your way to see if you’ve really been learning Thai.

-If you’re considered an advanced student, you can get an informal written exam.

-You can get a smaller extension period if you flunk the questions, and probably no extension at all.

You may not want to learn a language and would rather do something more artistic or physical.

Check out the choices below:

-Martial arts such as Muay Thai is an alternative route to get an education visa

-Cooking or learning the art of Thai cooking is another option

-Others such as Thai massage, yoga courses and scuba diving

Applicants who wish to access the Kingdom for the following purposes are provided with this form of visa:

– Studies at major universities

-To engage in projects or workshops, attend a conference or training course arranged by the government department, state enterprise, foreign association, embassy and consulate, to visit on a study trip or observation tour,

-Studying to be a foreign Buddhist monk

Inquire Now to Receive your Education Visa

Apply Now