Visa For Employment

Non-immigrant B visa, (employment) for those wanting to enter Thailand seeking employment and to work. To work, study, teaching course, to work as an English teacher, to work as a sport coach, for internship (non-curricular)

Apply Now


Why Get a Non Immigrant B Visa Through The Thaiger?

Getting a Non-Immigrant B visa in Thailand can be complicated. You have to deal with complex bureaucracy issues and documents. Even after all that, there’s no guarantee that your application will be approved. Here at the Thaiger, we have simplified everything for you and to guide you every step of the way.

What is a Non Immigrant B Visa (Employment Visa)?

Non-Immigrant B visas allow foreign nationals to enter and work in Thailand for a temporary period of time. It usually involves sponsorship from the prospective employer of the worker.

Having a non-immigrant B visa is a legal requirement if you want to work or take up any sort of employment in Thailand. Numerous types of employment visas are available, based on the specific kind of work you’re going to do in Thailand. These include working as an academic, sports coach or teaching.

Apply Now

How to Apply for an Non Immigrant B Visa

Applying for a Non-Immigrant B visa may sound complicated, but the process will be much easier with the following steps. It is recommended applicants should initially apply through the Thai Embassy in their country of residence.

Thai Embassy website

Check your local Thai Embassy website for the Non Immigrant B visa options and Select the type of visa that will cover your entire stay.

Select for the purpose of your work

Select the Non Immigrant B visa type that pertains to the specific type of work you will do in Thailand.

Know the required documents

Find out what documents are required to apply for the non immigrant B visa. Make sure to have all the documents ready in one place.

Fill out personal information

Fill out the visa application form with your personal information and pay a non-refundable visa application fee.

Choose the right visa

Once you are ready with the requirements, forms, and fee, it’s time to inquire through the Thaiger, where our partners will be getting in touch with you.

Quick Facts About the Non B Visa for Employment (Exempt teachers and academics)

Before you apply for your Non Immigrant B visa, let’s look at some quick facts to better understand the visa. The company you are going to work with, or the company you set up, must meet the following requirements.

Personal Documents Required

For your Non Immigrant B visa to be approved, you will need to provide three personal documents. Original and signed copies of your passport, three colour copies of your passport, and proof of your flight tickets will be required.

Company Documents

1. WP3 (Pre-approved Work Permit).
2. Company registration documents
3. Phor Phor 01 (VAT Registration)
4. Phor Phor 20 (VAT Certificate)
5. Phor Phor 09 (if any)
6. PND1, Phor Phor 30 and Social Security contribution for the latest 3 months
7. Employment Contract
8. Guarantee Letter addressed to the Thai Embassy

The applicant will be given a Single-Entry Non Immigrant B visa and the Thai work permit should
be applied for immediately after arriving in Thailand.

Registered Capital

To receive a business visa, the company must have 2 million Thai Baht paid-up cash and must be registered in Thailand. If the company wants to acquire a business visa for two individuals, the company must have paid-up capital of 4 million Thai Baht.

Number of Thai staff

The company must have a ratio of at least four Thai employees for every foreigner and at least 4 Thai workers are needed in order to obtain one business visa. In short, if the company request 2 business visa, it must have 8 Thai employees.

Value Added Tax

The company must file with the Revenue Department for VAT and pay VAT regularly. There are no clear rules and regulations about how the business can pay, but on a case by case basis, the Thai Embassy may accept it.

Customer Ratings


33 reviews

Customer Reviews


It doesn’t cost anything to apply for an employment visa through The Thaiger, even though I might get my visa denied, it’s worth a try

Mary Knight


I received a phone call from a concerned agent regarding my invitation letter to Thailand. She spotted a potential denial by the Thai consulate and made the necessary correction on my application. 5 stars

Laura Collier


Really smooth process, never knew that I could ask for an employment visa, thank you the thaiger for showing my options and following through with my needs

Kelsey Beasley


I had a great experience. June was very knowledgable and experienced, She helped me avoid a tonne of unnecessary trouble. Im glad that I was able to talk to some regarding my visa.

Mavrick jones


Need an employment visa for Thailand in 10 days, I have already inquired with the Thaiger, will need a call back soon thanks.

Thomas M.


I have tried to apply for an employment visa for 6 months now and no agency seems to be able to get me one, this is until I used the Thaiger’s services, and within 2-3 days, I got a call back saying that I will need to send more documents. Never got to this step before, thank you the thaiger, 5 stars.

Janice Colon

Types of Employment Visas

There are various types of visa for the purpose of employment that Thailand offers. Read all the details and choose the one that fits the kind of job you’re going to do in Thailand.

Non-Immigrant B Visa (Employment) Valid for 90 days to enter Thailand from the date of issue. On entry to Thailand it grants a stay of 90 days. You need to apply for the Non Immigrant B visa from a Thai Embassy in your Country of residence. Your prospective employer from Thailand has to sponsor your visa application.

During the initial 90 days of your stay in Thailand, you will have to apply for the work permit. You can apply to extend the initial 90 days period of stay granted on entry within the last 30 days of the 90 days granted on entry for 1 year each and every year at your local Immigration office in Thailand subject to meeting Immigration requirements.

Key Points:

  • Non-Immigrant B visa (Employment) is required for all foreigners to work legally in Thailand.
  • It’s an initial visa required to obtain your work permit.
  • Family members are eligible to apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa Category O.

Non-Immigrant Visa O (voluntary work) is for foreigners who want to participate in voluntary services in Thailand, such as volunteering duties for social welfare organisations, charities, NGO, state enterprise, or other non-profit organisations/associations/foundations.

Key Points:

  • Allows you to volunteer in Thailand.
  • The Non Imm O Visa is valid to enter Thailand for 90 days from the date of issue.
  • On entry to Thailand grants a stay of 90 days, which can be extended for 1 year at local Immigration offices in Thailand.

If you are a media personnel, journalist, or film crew who want to work in Thailand, you need to obtain a Non-Immigrant Visa “M.” The term “media personnel” include both conventional and credible online media agencies.

You need to be employed only as a media professional during your entire stay in Thailand using Non-Immigrant Visa M.

Key Points:

  • The Non Imm M Visa is valid to enter Thailand for 90 days from the date of issue.
  • On entry to Thailand grants a stay of 90 days, which can be extended for 1 year at local Immigration offices in Thailand.

For highly-skilled foreigners or specialist wishing to work in Thailand

Key Points:

  • Available as single or multiple-entry.
  • Multiple-entry valid for six months to enter Thailand
  • Both single-entry and multiple-entry permit a stay of 90 days on entry
  • The initial period of 90 days stay can be extended for one year.

A work permit is a requirement for foreigners to legally work in Thailand. It states your position, current occupation, job description, and the Thai company you are working with. Also, it serves as a licence to perform your job.

Regardless of the type of visa you have, you are not permitted to work in Thailand without a work permit. In other words, even if you already have a Non-Immigrant Visa B visa, you can not work in the country if you don’t have a work permit. You must carry your work permit at all times when you are working.

Key Points:

  • You cannot work in Thailand without a work permit.
  • Both you and your company must provide the required documents.
  • You must only work at the company stated on your work permit.

Have a long vacation in Thailand while earning legally.

Have a long vacation in Thailand while earning legally. Applying for an employment visa is very stressful for me! There are many types, requirements, and other stuff that are too complicated and time-consuming. The Thaiger really help make everything less painful. They are very thorough and responsive! I got both my Non-Immigrant Visa B and Work Permit quickly.

Top tip: Know the type of visa required for your specific job before applying.

Other types of non-immigrant visas

Besides the type of visa mentioned above, there are other non-immigrant visas for those who want to work in Thailand. These include:

1. “F” – To perform official duties.

2. “IB” – To invest or perform other activities relating to investment, subject to the provision of the
established laws on investment promotion.

3. “ED” – To study, to come on a work study tour or observation tour, to participate in projects or seminars, to attend a conference or training course, to study as a foreign Buddhist monk. To perform missionary work or other religious activities with the concurrence of the Thai Ministries or Government Departments concerned. For internship as part of curricular programme.

4. “D”/”F” – Diplomatic officers to be posted overseas / on official missions

5. “RS” – To conduct scientific research or training or teaching in a research institute.

6. “O” – To visit family or friends in Thailand, voluntary job, retirement, medical treatment, to attend judicial process, to work as diplomat’s housekeeper

7. “O-A” – For applicants aged 50 and over who wish to stay in Thailand for an extended period without the intention of working.

8. “O-X” – For applicants aged 50 and over who wish to stay in Thailand for an extended period without the
intention of working.

Join the many satisfied customers who’ve got their Employment Visa with The Thaiger

Other Recommended Services

Planning to work in Thailand? Then the following services can help make your life in the country easier.

Thai Bank Account

Opening a Thai bank account is one of the best ways to manage your finances in Thailand. You can send and receive money from outside Thailand with less fee by opening a Thai bank account. Furthermore, getting a Thai bank account will make your financial activities much easier in Thailand..

Read More

Credit Card

Make your financial freedom and get special offers and deals and other benefits with a Thai credit card..

Read More

Thai Property Service

Purchase, rent, and sell property in Thailand are simple and effective steps, together with Thaiger. There are numerous things you need to know and understand, such as Thai Property Laws, to avoid any conflicts with the leading property portal.

Read More

Health Insurance

Nothing is more important than protecting your health. Make sure you are covered with the correct health insurance while working in Thailand..

Read More

Other Common Visa Types for Thailand

Below are some of the most common alternative visa types for staying in Thailand for the purpose of retirement, working, business, studying, staying with Thai family/Spouse or long term Visas.


There are numerous entry methods to visit Thailand for short periods of time. In certain cases you can extend your permission of stay granted on entry at local Immigration offices.


Planning to spend your retirement years in Thailand? You’ll initially need to obtain a Non Immigrant O or O-A type Visa from your Thai Embassy. Annual extensions of your permission of stay granted on entry are available at local Immigration offices.

Thai Family/Spouse.

If you intend staying in Thailand due to marriage to a Thai national, or Thai children, then you should start with the single or multiple entry Non Immigrant O type Visa from your Thai Embassy. Annual extensions of your permission of stay granted on entry are available at local Immigration offices.

Education Visa

If you want to study, participate in projects, seminars, internships, or attend training courses you should start with the Non Immigrant Education Visa from your Thai Embassy. 90 day extensions of your permission of stay granted on entry are available at local Immigration offices.


Whether you intend to work for an employer or starting a business, the Non-Immigrant B Visas are for foreign nationals interested in working, starting a business or investing in Thailand. Annual extensions of your permission of stay granted on entry are available at local Immigration offices. Work permits are also required to work legally in Thailand.

Thailand Elite Visa

The Thai Elite Visa allows you to reside in Thailand for long-term (5, 10, or 20 years). It comes with many benefits as well. If you are an investor or a businessman who travel to Thailand multiple times a year, this visa is ideal for you.

Other Visa

Looking for other visa types not listed above? We’ve got you. Thailand offers many options for its visitors, and we strive to help you access those options more easily.

Other Services

If you need to extend your stay in Thailand, 90-day reporting, cancellation, change the type of Visa, or even a visa run while in Thailand, we are always ready to help. Let us help make your stay in the Land of Smiles more convenient.

Thailand Elite Visa

Thailand can be your second home with the Thailand Elite Visa, which allows you to stay in the country for 5-20 years. With the Thailand Elite Visa, you can skip the hassle of 90-day reporting, an extension of stay, and more requirements you may face when dealing with visa applications or extensions.

With the Thai Elite Visa, you only have to complete visa runs once. It’s an ideal choice for digital nomads and retirees who don’t want to be bothered by the existing complicated rules that change regularly. It suits investors and business people who travel to Thailand multiple times a year as well.

Besides allowing you to stay in Thailand for up to 20 years, the Thailand Elite Visa also grants you various privileges, such as first-class accommodations, airport service, priority treatment at Thai immigration, investment opportunities, healthcare benefits, and even a prestigious golf club memberships. Your family members can also get some of these privileges, including an airport fast track service.

Frequently Asked Questions about the Non Immigrant Type Visa

The Non-Immigrant B Visa is for foreign nationals wishing to do business in Thailand, or for those wishing to apply for a work permit in Thailand and to take up a job opportunity.

You must have a Passport or travel document with a validity of not less than 6 months. Apply at your local Thai Embassy in your Country of residence.

Not on a Non Immigrant B Visa, but if you can qualify for Permanent residency, this will enable you to stay without applying for annual extensions of your stay and submitting 90 day reports.

Only if it was issued for the purpose of voluntary work, or on the basis of Thai family/Spouse. You must still obtain a work permit.

A Non Immigrant type Visa can be valid to enter Thailand from 3 months to 10 years. Depending on the place of issue and visa type, they may also be issued as single or multiple entries.

If you have an offer of employment you need to change your visa status to a Non Immigrant B visa and apply for a work permit.

No, to work legally in Thailand you must have work permit.

Penalties for overstaying are severe in Thailand. 500 BHT per day fine up to a maximum of 20,000 BHT for overstay under 90 days. 90 days and above, 20,000 BHT fine and blacklisted from entering the Country from 1-10 years depending on the length of overstay. If arrested on overstay the penalties are harsher.

Inquire Now to Receive your Employment Visa

Apply Now

Other Types of Visas

Visa Guides