Connect with us

Marriage Visa

Non-immigrant Visa-O also commonly known as a Marriage visa may only be granted to applicants who are legally married to a Thai citizen.

Apply Now


Why Apply for a Marriage Visa Through The Thaiger?

The Thaiger is here to help and guide you to successfully obtain a marriage visa. With our simple, easy-to-follow application process, you don’t need to deal with bureaucracy. Your private documents and information are safe with us, and our expert team can review them before submission so you can be sure to get approved.

What is a Marriage Visa?

The Thai Marriage visa, officially known as a Non-Immigrant O Marriage Visa or spouse visa, is for any foreigners legally married to a Thai citizen. It allows you to stay in Thailand for a year and can be renewed annually from within Thailand, as long as you continue to meet all the visa criteria and remain married.

While a marriage visa doesn’t automatically allow you to work in Thailand, it makes you eligible to apply for a work permit. Once you obtain a valid work permit to go along with the visa, you can then work in Thailand.

Apply Now

What is the Application Process of Thai Marriage Visa?

There is no direct application for a Thai marriage visa. Therefore, make sure to pay attention to the requirements and the process for a successful visa application. While it may seem complicated, remember that we’ve got your back. Below are the basic guidelines.

Obtain a 90-day Non-Immigrant Visa O

Prior to applying for the Thai marriage visa, you must first obtain a 90-day Non-Immigrant Visa O from outside of Thailand.

Travel to Thailand

Once you obtain the Non-Immigrant Visa O, you have to travel to Thailand to activate it.

Prepare All the Documents

After you arrive in Thailand and activate your Non-Immigrant Visa O, prepare all of the needed documents to convert (or extend) your initial non-immigrant visa to a marriage visa.

One-year Thai Marriage Visa Application

Your visa extension (from 90 days to 1 year) will take place on the last 30 days of the 90-day permit to stay.

Wait for Your One-Year Thai Marriage Visa

We will review and submit all the necessary documents for the visa application. All you have to do now is wait for the one-year Thai Marriage visa to be issued.

What are the Qualifications for a Marriage Visa?

There are, of course, certain qualifications you have to meet to obtain a marriage visa. The following are some requirements that you, as a foreigner, need to fulfil.

Legally Married to a Thai Citizen

Obviously, you have to be legally married to a Thai national. You have to show your Thai marriage certificate and marriage registration. If you get married abroad, you or your Thai spouse have to report the marriage to the Amphur.

Financial Requirement

You need to have a security deposit of 400,000 THB in a Thai Bank Account for at least 2 months before the visa application or a monthly income of at least 40,000 THB per month. Other supporting documents will be required, such as an updated bank book or passbook. A letter from the foreigner embassy has to be shown to verify the income. However, if you are a woman married to a Thai man, no financial requirement is needed for your one-year marriage visa.

Other Documents

In some cases, you may need to show a copy of an Affirmation of Freedom to Marry. This is proof that you and your Thai spouse are not legally married to anyone else.

Customer Ratings


40 reviews

Customer Reviews


The advice given by the Thaiger was very good, not sure if a marriage visa is for me, but always good to know the information

Davis Dean


Exceptional service! The representative was very helpful and got a marriage visa within a couple of days. This type of visa will be essential for me to stay in Thailand and get a non-immigrant visa B for 1 year!

Shannon R.


Easy to sign up plus easy steps apply for the thaiger’s services. 4.5 stars

Allen Jib


Got my marriage visa with no problems. 5 star service from the thaiger and their partners

Paulie Guy


Knowing your options will benefit you massively, marriage visa will allow you to live in Thailand and have a family, All was very timely and efficient. The process facilitated my life a lot. Thank you.

Christopher W.


Overall good site, the basic information is there, will be giving The Thaiger 4 stars

Jackie Jay

Thai Marriage Visa Application Service

You can apply for a Thai visa from outside or inside Thailand, as long as you’ve met the qualifications. Below are the Thai Marriage Visa Application services we offer based on your location and your needs.

If you are currently outside Thailand and wish to obtain a Thai Marriage Visa, we can help you with the whole application process. As mentioned before, you need to first obtain a 90-day Non-Immigrant O visa from outside of the country before you can get the one-year marriage visa.

If you are not in the country when the report is due, after re-entry to Thailand, the 90-day duration before the next reporting count will start again.

Key Points:

  • Ideal if you’re currently residing outside Thailand.
  • Easy application process all the way from the 90-day Non-Immigration O visa to the one-year marriage visa.
  • Quick approval.

Are you currently in Thailand with a tourist visa and want to convert it to a marriage visa? Let us help you with the conversion process. You need at least 15 days left on your tourist visa since converting it to a marriage visa can take 2 weeks, though it can be faster.

After your tourist visa is converted, the process is pretty much similar to applying for a marriage visa outside Thailand. You will first get an initial 90-day marriage visa, which you can extend for one year.

Key Points:

  • Convert your tourist visa to a marriage visa.
  • Obtain a marriage visa from inside of Thailand.
  • Easy and simple application process.

You can renew your one-year marriage visa if you want to, but make sure to hand in your application form at least 45 days before your visa expires. This is because the marriage visa renewal process can take around 3 weeks.

When renewing your marriage visa, you need to prove that you are still married and you meet the financial requirement. You need to provide all the documents you handed in the first time you apply for your marriage visa. If nothing has changed since then, you only need to update your Thai bank book.

Key Points:

  • Renew your marriage visa for another year.
  • The documents you need to provide are more or less the same as your first marriage visa application.
  • Easy to follow and straightforward process.

You don’t have to be afraid of being separated from your Thai spouse with a marriage visa.

Having a marriage visa allows me to stay together with my wife. I got married in the country while I was still on my tourist visa. The Thaiger helped me convert it easily and quickly to a marriage visa. They were swift and efficient. I had so many questions, but they answered everything thoroughly. Genuinely excellent customer service and takes the hassle out of applying for my visa.

Top tip: If you want the process to be quick and smooth, make sure all of the required documents are ready in one place.

Important Information

We have listed several important information for you to know about the Thai marriage visa.

1. Address notification – Notification of your current address or residence to the nearest immigration office is required every 90 days. If you are not in the country when the report is due, after re-entry to Thailand, the 90-day duration before the next reporting count will start again.

2. Re-entry Permit – You will need a multiple re-entry permit to do so and to keep your visa from being revoked if you intend to fly in and out of Thailand within the year of your visa validity. If you intend to stay in Thailand the whole time, of course, you do not need to apply for a re-entry permit. In case you find the need to leave the country, you can apply for a re-entry permit at the nearest Immigration Office or at the international airport before leaving.

3. Bank Account – The marriage visa is valid for a year. It can be extended after the initial application by submitting the same requirements. Please note that the minimum amount of funds in your bank account must be at least 3 months old before you can renew your visa.

Join the many satisfied customers who’ve got their Marriage Visa with The Thaiger.

Other Related Services

The Thaiger also provides more interesting services you may need along with your marriage visa. Check out the following related services for an enjoyable life in Thailand.

Prenuptial ‘prenup’ Agreement

Ensure your right over property, entered into the marriage register with a prenuptial contract to make the agreement on a secret deal and marital property of husband and wife. Avoid potential disputes.

Read More

Marriage in Thailand

Make sure your marriage conforms with Thai law, aware of the legal criteria involved. With legal marriage registration for foreigners and Thai nations or foreigner couples and obtain more benefits in Thailand.

Read more

Legal Services

Get legal support from expert and experienced lawyers. Let us help with your legal challenges in Thailand. Let expert lawyers give you advice regarding all the possible legal repercussions that can result from an action.

Read More

Permanent Residence

Obtain your new status in Thailand with Permanent Resident services. Allow yourself to live permanently in Thailand without the need to apply for a visa extension. Also, obtaining a work permit and start up a business in Thailand should be more comfortable for you.

Read More

Other Types of Visa The in Thailand

Want to live and work in Thailand? Or do you need to conduct business in the Land of Smiles? Below are some visa types offered in Thailand.

Tourist Visa

Explore Thailand’s beauty, learn its beautiful culture, and try its mouthwatering food with a tourist visa! It allows you to enter and stay in Thailand for up to 60 days for tourism purposes.

Employment Visa

For foreign workers who intend to work in Thailand, an employment visa is the correct visa type. Let the Thaiger advise and support through all of the application processes and get more advantages.

Education Visa

Make your journey more meaningful by learning and travelling at the same time. With an education visa, you can study the Thai language while enjoying the country’s beauty. An education visa also allows you to study other things, even recreational learning such as Scuba Diving or Thai Boxing.

Marriage Visa

A marriage visa is one of the most difficult visas to obtain in Thailand. If you are legally married to a Thai national and have met the requirements, we’ll help make the process easier.

Business Visa

Conducting a business in Thailand requires a business visa. If you are a foreigner who wishes to invest in businesses or work in Thailand, you must first get a business visa before you can apply for a work permit. The Thaiger offers a no-fuss business visa application for you.

Thailand Elite Visa

The Thai Elite Visa allows you to reside in Thailand for long-term (5, 10, or 20 years). It comes with many benefits as well. If you are an investor or a businessman who travel to Thailand multiple times a year, this visa is ideal for you.

Other Visa

Looking for other visa types not listed above? We’ve got you. Thailand offers many options for its visitors, and we strive to help you access those options more easily.

Visa Services

The Thaiger visa services ensure a hassle-free visa application to Thailand. Don’t worry about getting it done on your own because we’re here to do the legwork. If you need a visa extension, renewal, 90-day reporting, cancellation, or even a visa run while in Thailand, we are always ready to help. Let us help make your stay in the Land of Smiles more convenient.

Retirement Visa

Thinking of retiring in Thailand? Make it come true with a Retirement Visa. If you are over 50 years old and wish to stay in Thailand for a year without working, you can obtain a retirement visa. You can renew the visa every year as long as you continue to meet the qualifications. There are specific requirements you have to meet, and though it may seem complicated, it’s actually more straightforward than it seems.

Send you inquire now to spend your retirement years in the beautiful Land of Smiles.

Frequently Asked Questions About Marriage Visa

A Thai Marriage Visa can be applied for at a Thai Royal Consulate or Embassy outside of Thailand, or at an Immigration Office within Thailand. If you wish to start your application outside of Thailand you will first need to make an application for a Non-Immigrant O Visa of either 90 days or 1 year.

The cost for a single-entry Marriage Visa is 2500 baht.

The cost for a one-year multi-entry Marriage Visa is 6,000 baht.

Traditionally, a man marrying a Thai bride would move in with her family; the husband would then be obligated to take care of his new in-laws financially, and would receive their support in reciprocation. Family homes are usually inherited through female children, with their husbands also benefiting.

Foreigners getting married in Thailand would also need to register with the Amphur for their marriage. You will provide the Amphur with your translated documents and register the marriage and issue a marriage certificate.

Of course, it possible to get a marriage visa. As long as your Thai spouse’s income is over 40,000 Bath. This financial condition for the Thai married visa allows you to combined monthly income with your spouse as well. Furthermore, the condition is also allowed if the income comes from either or the both of you income meet the requirement.

You can’t get it from overseas but you may apply for a non- immigrant O visa in your home country. It valid for 90 days and then upon arriving, you may extend from that visa to a Thai marriage visa if you followed the condition.

Inquire Now to Receive your Marriage Visa

Apply Now

Other Types of Visas

Visas Guides