Parked car bursts into flames

PHUKET: A car parked outside an apartment in Talad Nua spontaneously caught fire yesterday afternoon.

The vehicle’s owner, Nathanan Ubonkun, had parked the car in a space behind Poopara Apartment in the morning and left it there, returning at 12:40, after being told by locals that her car was on fire.

The inside of the car on the driver’s side was badly burned, causing an estimated 100,000 baht in damages.

Police investigators do not suspect foul play. “We believe a short circuit may have caused the inferno,” said Phuket City Police Captain Akkaradet Pongprom.

— Kritsada Mueanhawong

Phuket News
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply