Do you need to increase the period of the job to enable foreigners to stay longer in Thailand?
A request for a position extension must be made at least 15 days before the previous permit expires and no later than 90 days after it expires. Depending on the form of operating condition, the approval period can be extended for one or two years after it expires. Depending on the form of operation, the period will be extended by 1 or 2 years from the date submitted in the application. A position duration of at least 15 days is needed when submitting an application through the e-Expert system to ensure that it has adequate time to process through the following steps:
1. A request for form 11.1 will take 5 working days to complete Request Form 11.1 to extend the position’s length.
2. A request for form 11.2 will take three working days to process Request Form 11.2 for extending the length of a foreigner’s stay and any accompanying persons (if there is any).
- It is strongly advised that an organization apply for position renewal before the expiration date.
- To be able to apply for a work permit in Thailand, tourists who aim to work must have the correct form of visa.
- For foreigners wishing to work in Thailand, the Thai government classified jobs into categories to decide which are acceptable and which are not.
What is the standard procedure for foreigners wishing to work in Thailand?
1. You must first obtain a Thai non-immigrant visa: You will begin the process of obtaining your work permit which will be stamped in your passport if you have this visa.
2. You can now start applying for your work permit. Prepare the required documents like all your personal information as well the hiring company’s information.
3. You can now receive a blue-coloured book with your photo, information and work permit information once the work permit is granted. It could take anywhere from 7 days to 2 months to obtain. In the presence of the Labor Department employees, you must appear in person with your passport and sign the Thai work permit book and obtain a stamp in your passport.
4. You can get a stay extension based on employment at any Thai immigration office for 19xx THB in cash. You’ll almost certainly be asked for a phone number as well as a Thailand address. Your work permit will be extended in Thailand for the length of the extension. It is usually given for a year from the date of entry into Thailand.
5. If you want to leave Thailand and return while on a Work Permit, you must first obtain a Thai re-entry permit to keep your visa. In Thailand, a re-entry permit may be obtained at a Thai Immigration Office or at an International Airport. A single re-entry fee of 1, xxx Baht is charged and a multiple Thailand re-entry fee of 3,8xx Baht is charged
6. With the support of your employer, renew your Thai Work Permit at the Ministry of Labor in Thailand for 1,9xx THB. All of the documents you submitted during the initial application process will be required and they must be stamped and signed. If your Thai work permit expires, you will need to leave Thailand and apply for a new Thai non-immigrant visa which will be the same as the one you had before.
When should my work permit be renewed?
The validity period of the work authorization document is typically one or two years. You may apply for a renewal at any time up to four months before your current work permit expires. By looking at the front of the book document, you will quickly determine when your employment authorization document (EAD) will expire.
“In order to renew your work permit in Thailand, you would need to visit the labor department as well as the Thai immigration department.”
In the case of a non-BOI company, how do you apply for a work permit?
For a two-year permit, the investor must display proof of a remittance or money transfer from the Bank of Thailand in the amount of at least 10 million baht with the required documents such as the application form (Tor. Thor.2) and three 5×6 cm photo taken not more than 6 months, passport with a photocopy of all pages displaying a valid non-immigrant visa, Employment letter, proof of at least Baht 2 million in remittances or money transfers from the Bank of Thailand (The Bank of Thailand Form Tor. Thor.3), concrete evidence of funds worth at least Baht 2 million is needed for applying for a 1-year permit and actual evidence of funds worth at least Baht 10 million is needed for applying for 2 years permit.
The Ministry of Labour is responsible for the issuance of work permits which may be subject to renewal in accordance with the extended visa.
Is it possible to apply for a foreign worker who is urgently required?
For urgent jobs for foreigners, a company must apply Form 6.1 to the e-Expert system within the period of 30 days. The BOI would recommend authorizing the urgent job within three hours and foreigners must have Non-B/Non-IB visas. The urgent employment can only be demanded once.
If the job of foreigners cannot be completed before the expiration date, the company cannot apply for urgent jobs but it may request a temporary stay for foreigners of up to 6 months by sending their credentials and employment certificate to the BOI.
How Do I Cancel My Work Permit in Thailand?
When you intend to leave Thailand before your work permit expires for whatever reason, you lose your employment, your contract is terminated and you are unable to renew your Thai work permit or you wish to change jobs, you must cancel your Thailand work permit.
Take note that even if they say so, do not give your work permit and passport to your boss or anybody else in the hopes that they can cancel it. They are welcome to accompany you, but you must be around.