What is Thai Elite Visa and who is it suitable for?
Thai Elite Visa as know as Privilege Entry Visa is a long-term visa for foreigners who want to make Thailand their second home or stay in Thailand for a longer period of time. The validity duration to stay on this visa could be 5, 10, or 20 years depending on the program that you apply for. It also allows you to skip the 90-day reporting and visa extensions of stay.
Whether you’re expats, retirees, or investors, Thai Elite Visa is the perfect choice for the visa with the best match for people who travel to Thailand multiple times a year and prefer not to deal with complicated bureaucracy.
This article will provide an introduction about what do you need to know before applying for Thailand Elite Visa. We’ll guide you through each Thailand Elite Visa, detailing the basic information that you need to know and before apply for your best benefits along with your considerations.
- Suitable for people who travel to Thailand multiple times a year.
- Long-term stay without the headaches of bureaucracy.
- Thai Elite visas have various benefits for members while living in Thailand.
Restriction for Elite Visa membership
Although Thai Elite Visa members enjoy a number of exclusive benefits, there are some restrictions that everyone should be aware of. First, the members are not allowed to get a work permit, which means the members can’t not working in Thailand. Second, some types of memberships are not allowed to access some benefits.
However, The Elite Visa membership conditions are allowed their members to hold or invest shares in the company. The members also can buy cars, condos, or villas, whether for residential or investment purposes, open a Thai bank account and get a driving license.
Requirements for application
The requirements for applying for a Thai Elite Visa are much simpler than those for other visas, which require applicants to adhere to the specific requirements. All that is required of Thai elite visa applicants is the payment of the application fees in full, as well as annual fees for some members. Check out a few more requirements that are very common in the section below.
1. You must be in violation of Thai law.
2. You must be holding a foreign passport.
3. You must have a clean criminal background in any country.
4. You should not have a history of bankruptcy.
5. You do not have any mental illness.
6. You have never overstayed more than twice or on the blacklist from Thai immigration.
Get to know Thai Elite Visa before applying for the membership.
Elite Visa and entry to Thailand during Covid-19 pandemic
The Thai government has recently allowed Elite Visa holders to enter Thailand, but they must adhere to the government’s covid-19 safety requirements and procedures. All the Elite members who desire to enter Thailand during the covid-19 pandemic, they’ll need to get a confirmation letter from the Thailand Elite Visa program. The Elite Visa member service centre will support the members to apply for the Certificate of Entry (COE) and booking an Alternative State Quarantine.
However, the government has set a quota for Elite Visa holders entering Thailand at the moment, so you might not be approved right away.
Join the membership and get exclusive benefits in Thailand with Thai Elite Visa.
How to get Elite Visa in Thailand
You can apply for it from anywhere, including The Thaiger; all you have to do is contact one of the Thai Elite Visa agents, send the required documents, and the agent will handle the rest of the process and work with Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The following are the steps to follow when applying for a Thai elite visa.
1. Membership Application and Background Check – You can apply for the Thailand Elite Visa from anywhere in the world, all you have to do is send a soft copy of your passport and an application form to a Thai Elite Visa agent who is accredited. The agent will then conduct an immigration and criminal background check in collaboration with the Thailand Elite Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and Immigration Bureau. The process can take up to 3 months.
2. Payment of the Membership Fee – The applicant will be instructed to transfer the membership fee after passing a background check and having their application approved. The fee will vary depending on the membership package the applicant has applied for, ranging from 600,000 baht to 2 million baht.
3. Acceptance of New Members – The applicant will receive the membership ID and instructions on how to receive the visa after completing the payment.
4. Issuance of Visas – The Thai Elite visa can be obtained from the Thai embassy in the member’s home country. The applicant must drop off his or her passport and return it to the Thai embassy on another day to pick it up.
Elite Visa membership packages
Thai Elite Visa offers various packages, both individual or family programs, to provide the applicants. Each program has a different duration, privileges, and cost. Ensure to check complete detail before apply.
Elite individual memberships programs
1. Elite Easy Access – The most popular Thai Elite Visa individual program, make it simpler with the ultimate option of Thailand’s elite visa program.
2. Elite Privilege Access – The Elite Privilege Access originally offers individual membership that able to grants additional to family members.
1. Excursions Elite Family Program – A basic family package requires at least 2 persons to succeed in the application.
2. Alternative Elite Family Program – Offers a longer duration and requires only one person to succeed in the application.
3. Premium Elite Family program – The complete benefit of an elite visa, it offers the longest validity duration for membership.