Public Affairs Division of the Royal Thai Police announced the orders this morning, though the transferees were officially confirmed by Region 8 Police Commissioner Decha Budnampeth on January 9.
“I am surprised that so many of our superintendents are being transferred on such short notice,” said Phuket Provincial Police Commander Patchara Boonyasit.
“However, the transfers will not affect the work that we have done, or our ongoing investigations. We will do our best to continue to look after people’s safety.”
The only two stations that will not receive new superintendents are the Kamala Police Station and Tah Chat Chai Police Station.
The following Phuket superintendents will be transferred and replaced as follows:
- Patong Police Superintendent Chiraphat Pochanaphan will be stationed in Phang Nga province.
- Karon Police Superintendent Sirisak Wasasiri will be stationed in Phang Nga province.
- Chalong Police Superintendent Krittapas Dazintharasorn will be stationed in Takuapa, Phang Nga province.
- Phuket City Police Superintendent Sermphan Sirikong will be stationed in Chumphon province.
- Cherng Talay Police Superintendent Paworn Pornpromma will be stationed in Bangkok.
- Thalang Police Superintendent Nattapakin Kawnchaiyapurk will be stationed in Chumphon province.
- Thung Thong Police Superintendent Thitirat Asakit will be stationed in Surat Thani province.
- Wichit Police Station Superintendent Chaowalit Petch-sribia will be stationed to Thung Thong Police Station in Phuket.
- Patong Police Station will be taken over by Col Chaiwat Auikam from Ranong province.
- Karon Police Station will be taken over by Col Sompong Boonrat from Phang Nga province.
- Chalong Police Station will be taken over by Col Noppadon Thiraprawat from Takuapa.
- Phuket City Police Station will be taken over by Col Kraitong Chantongbai from Phang Nga province.
- Cherng Talay Police Station will be taken over by Col Serm Kwannimit from the Region 8 Police Headquarters.
- Thalang Police Station will be taken over by Col Chanuchan Cholsuwat from Koh Yao Yai in Phang Nga province.
- Thung Thong Police Station will be taken over by Col Chaowalit Petch-sribia.
- Wichit Police Station will be taken over by Lt Col Kittipong Klaikeaw, previously a deputy superintendent at Chalong Police Station.
The island will also welcome three new deputy commanders to stand by Maj Gen Patchara: Maj Gen Teerapon Tipchareon, Maj Gen Saman Chainarong and Maj Gen Werawat Chantharawijit.
Phuket’s newest officers will report to duty on Thursday.
— Khumpee Prasertphol
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.