Food safety

  • Health

    Foods to avoid and must-haves when taking antibiotics

    When you’re handed a prescription for antibiotics to tackle an infection, it’s more than just taking a pill a few times a day. What you eat during this time can significantly influence how effective the medication is and how well your body copes with the treatment. Here’s a comprehensive guide on the foods to avoid and those to embrace during…

  • Thailand News

    Food for thought: Microwave routine serves up stomach cancer scare

    A man’s daily habit of warming his food in a microwave has led to a grim diagnosis of early-stage stomach cancer, leaving his doctors shaking their heads in dismay. The case highlights the potentially dangerous misuse of microwaves and plastic containers by many individuals unaware of the health risks involved. In a stark reminder of the health hazards associated with…

  • Thailand News

    Swine surprise: Task force uncovers pork smuggling scheme in Thailand

    A recent expose by the Phaya Naga Special Task Force revealed a significant new piece of evidence linking a smuggling operation importing illicit pork into Thailand. The discovery was announced by Thanadol Suwannarat, advisor to the Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives and deputy commander and spokesperson of the Phaya Naga task force. At 1.30pm today, the task force prepared to…

  • Thailand News

    Foam and scale: Dishwashing liquid divides netizens in fishy transport debate

    A fish vendor’s unconventional method of using dishwashing liquid to keep fish alive during transportation has sparked intense online debate. A video went viral showing the vendor pouring the liquid into a fish transport container, claiming it helps provide oxygen to the fish, preventing them from water shock. However, Dr Jesada Denduangboripant, a biology lecturer at Chulalongkorn University and a…

  • Thailand News

    Ratchaburi hotel nightmare: Undercooked food leaves child feeling sick

    A social media user has shared an infuriating hotel experience in Ratchaburi province, warning fellow travellers to carefully choose their hotels. The individual detailed their stay from October 21 to October 22 which was marred by multiple issues such as a pest infestation, faulty bathroom doors, an uncomfortable shower head, and most concerning of all, undercooked food served at breakfast,…

  • Thailand News

    Fishy mix-up: Thai woman finds ‘salmon surprise’ in her salad, sparks online sensation

    A woman was shocked to discover a four-legged creature, initially mistaken for fermented fish, in her ordered salmon salad. The incident shared on a Facebook group focused on consumers has since sparked widespread online concern. The woman purchased a salmon salad with a separate serving of fermented fish sauce. On pouring out the sauce, she found a creature that, at…

  • China News

    Hygiene concerns over ice cream scoops spark online debate

    The self-service ice cream scoop at buffet restaurants has recently become a subject of heated online discussion. A Chinese netizen declared in the Facebook group ●【爆怨公社】● that the water in which the ice cream scoop is kept at many hot pot restaurants is never replaced, leaving a residue of ice cream floating on top. This sparked a debate on whether…

  • Thailand News

    Consumer finds unidentifiable object in FDA-approved seaweed soup

    The end of a comforting seaweed soup meal turned into a shock when a consumer discovered an unidentifiable dark string mixed in with the seaweed. The incident, which occurred yesterday, sparked concern among members of the consumer group ‘We Are Consumers’ on social media. Amidst the worry, questions arose about the nature of the foreign object and whether the seaweed…

  • Thailand News

    Fruit jelly jolt: Wormy surprise in popular brand’s treat leaves customer queasy

    A shocking discovery of worms nestled in a popular brand’s fruit jelly has left a female customer feeling nauseated. The incident, shared by the woman on the We Are Consumers Facebook group, occurred shortly after purchasing the product from a convenience store. The woman posted, accompanied by pictures, describing her unsettling ordeal. “Was eating and found a worm, almost vomited.…

  • China News

    Woman in Wuhan buffet caught contaminating nearby diner’s dish

    Of all the places to pull a stunt involving unsanitary food handling, Wuhan, China – where Covid-19 originated – seems like the worst choice. But at a buffet restaurant in Wuhan, in the Hubei Province, a woman caused public revulsion by sneaking leftover food into the dishes of a neighbouring diner. The incident has stirred up controversy and led to…

  • Thailand News

    Vegtable vexation goes viral: Brainy parasites prompt neurologist’s Facebook revelation

    In a remarkable medical case, an individual who ate improperly washed raw vegetables was found to have contracted parasites that infected their brain. Surat Tanprawate, a neurologist, highlighted the shocking incident via his Facebook page Brain Knowledge with Dr Surat. The post, which swiftly gained significant attention, was accompanied by an X-ray image of a brain speckled with calcium deposits…

  • Bangkok News

    Fish hook, line, and dinner: Woman’s mealtime surprise raises food safety concerns

    A 31 year old woman was shocked to find a fishing hook and line embedded in her meal. The woman, named June, raised concerns about food safety and quality after her unpleasant experience with food ordered from a restaurant in Pak Kret district, Nonthaburi. June yesterday reported that on July 27, she and a friend ordered food through a delivery…

  • World News

    Liver fluke: Chinese woman discovers severe infection due to family’s raw fish habit

    A Chinese woman’s seemingly minor illness eventually unravelled significant health threats resulting from the family’s unhygienic culinary practices. Despite not consuming raw fish herself, the woman became infected with parasites due to the lack of separation of cutting utensils for raw and cooked foods, resulting in the unfortunate diagnosis of liver fluke. Fifty-eight-year-old Lu, from a city in China’s Guangxi…

  • Thailand News

    Food allergy: Thai woman’s severe reaction to buffet lunch prompts food safety warning

    After eating at a well-known buffet, a woman suffered severe food allergy reactions. She took to TikTok to recount her ordeal, warning others of the potential risks associated with consuming food from such establishments, and calling for businesses to exercise more caution regarding food safety. The woman posted a video on TikTok. She said… “That this incident won’t happen to…

  • World News

    Vietnam food delivery sparks heated online debate on food safety

    In an incident that sparked significant debate around food safety and hygiene, a man from Vietnam recently received an unpleasant surprise in his food delivery order. After enjoying his completed dish, he was alarmed to discover a substantial insect lurking within what was left of his meal. This revelation swiftly captured the imagination of netizens, sparking a torrent of reactions,…

  • Business News

    Thai chicken advancement: CPF targets space-grade safety for production

    In a bold step indicative of its commitment to product safety, Charoen Pokphand Foods PCL (CPF) has set its sights on the stars. Taking its poultry products to new heights, CPF is joining the “Thai Food Mission to Space” programme. A trailblazing endeavour, this Thai chicken project is spearheaded by CPF in partnership with Nanoracks Llc, a leader in space…