News Forum - Omicron variant infections set to surpass 1,000 in Thailand

Thaiger

The highly transmissible Omicron variant of Covid-19 has spread quickly in countries throughout the world, and Thailand is no exception. After the first case of Omicron was detected just three weeks ago in the Kingdom, outbreaks and superspreader events saw the case number quickly climb to 200, then 500, then over 700, and now to nearly 1,000 infections. The latest figures released by the Department of Medical Sciences reported there are now 934 confirmed cases of the Omicron variant in Thailand. 577 of those infections were considered imported cases that were found in people who recently arrived in Thailand. The […]

The story Omicron variant infections set to surpass 1,000 in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Omicron might be our best chance to get out of this mess (thanks China). 

Its highly infectious but far less severe than previous variants. When everyone has had their dose of omicron (and you are going to catch it within the next few months) we will achieve herd immunity. At that point covid will become just another background virus the kind of which most of us catch as kids and then carry on as normal.

Will another variant emerge at some point? Possibly but given we will all have covid recognizing T cell protection by then again it will most likely not be too bad.

Unless it mutates with something like Ebola in which case just retire to the library with a good bottle of scotch and a revolver.  

• Like 7

let's run a poll. i don't think numbers are relevant, cause we all know how they count..

and really, it's deaths should be counted, not infections

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

let's run a poll. i don't think numbers are relevant, cause we all know how they count..

For sure. Tests can be false/true positives and negatives. Death rates are definitive.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Yep. 

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Omicron might be our best chance to get out of this mess (thanks China). 

Its highly infectious but far less severe than previous variants. When everyone has had their dose of omicron (and you are going to catch it within the next few months) we will achieve herd immunity. At that point covid will become just another background virus the kind of which most of us catch as kids and then carry on as normal.

Will another variant emerge at some point? Possibly but given we will all have covid recognizing T cell protection by then again it will most likely not be too bad.

Unless it mutates with something like Ebola in which case just retire to the library with a good bottle of scotch and a revolver.  

Spot on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rain said:

Meanwhile.....

Yesterday's reported cases:

U.S. - 300,000 + 

U.K. - 225,000 + 

Etc....

Meanwhile…..

Daily Covid tests performed:

U.S. - 1,690,000

U.K. - 1,480,000

Thailand - 40,983

1D1EF66A-CA73-4A35-B909-1D80CECC40A1.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Meanwhile…..

Daily Covid tests performed:

U.S. - 1,690,000

U.K. - 1,480,000

Thailand - 40,983

1D1EF66A-CA73-4A35-B909-1D80CECC40A1.jpeg

Testing means nothing. About as real as any made up infection numbers. 

So much for your attempted and lame comparative.

Just now, Rain said:

Testing means nothing. About as real as any made up infection numbers. 

So much for your attempted and lame comparative.

Made up infection numbers 😂😂. What’s the saying that comes to mind? - It’s hard enough trying to win an argument with a smart person. It’s damn near impossible to win one with a stupid person. So I won’t bother trying in this case! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just gonna live with it and fight through because it will never stop at all, couple days ago was 500 cases, yesterday was 729 cases & now at least 1,000 cases. What the heck? Did they get the numbers coming out of their a**? I am sure that those farangs that are positive never get their booster shot and that's one of the rules that needs to be address after Jan 4 or else back to Stone Age again.

3 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Agree the numbers here are only pcr tests that are recorded.. deaths would be better way, but many deaths are now prevented by vaccines.. how about the people suffering for weeks in a hospital they never really get a mention as to how long recover/suffering per patient 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Correct...and let’s be honest they were high daily when 50 but only few thousands reported 

to have 50 a day you really have big numbers 

the boys in Pattaya are falling like flies 

not dead but sick it’s right through the joint 

surprise surprise let a few in and it rips

that god they did not listen to old bob and open up hospital would be full by now 

what happened to bob they run him out of town 

29 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

but many deaths are now prevented by vaccines

that's exactly my point... infections numbers should not matter since cases are mild, plus now everyone can do home PCR test and self isolate unless it turns bad and will require hospitalization 

• Like 3

Quite honestly I believe the sooner we all get Covid and develop a natural immunity to it the better off we will all be, sure a few may die but this latest strain does not seem to be that severe! There's lots of proof showing natural immunity and especially in those not vaccinated is better than the vaccine. Of course big Pharma, its cronies and mainstream media won't admit this but why would you if you just made billions of dollars!!!

Also note its winter in the northern hemisphere which means less sunshine and less Vitamin D3!!!

5 minutes ago, Paulw said:

Quite honestly I believe the sooner we all get Covid and develop a natural immunity to it the better off we will all be, sure a few may die but this latest strain does not seem to be that severe! There's lots of proof showing natural immunity and especially in those not vaccinated is better than the vaccine. Of course big Pharma, its cronies and mainstream media won't admit this but why would you if you just made billions of dollars!!!

Also note its winter in the northern hemisphere which means less sunshine and less Vitamin D3!!!

Not the hospital staff who needs to cater for the serious cases.

But I suppose that's probably just a minor consideration as long as you're not one queuing for a "postponable" operation or a slot in an overloaded ICU...

• Like 2

think, new numbers from experts of government tell truth,
in the world, is to believe as in cults. what is never science.
-
in all 2 corona years, very most people not get very sick, also not died.
so t.v. ( tell vision ) is really vision.
-
all doctors in world say, nobdy get sick who live normal. and
winter-sick people and lockdown-sick people, are not virus-sick people.

Edited by think-and-ask

2 hours ago, Paulw said:

"sure a few may die"

Thank you for your sacrifice 

6 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

yes and reported deaths from Omicron here & UK appear to be Zero……

• Like 1