Jump to content

News Forum - Phuket police arrest 32 after more than 3,500 venue raids since November


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Phuket police say they have made 32 arrests after over 3,500 venue raids since November 1. The report released says those arrests were made in light of those breaking the provincial order of no alcohol sales and/or Covid regulations that prevent staff from having close contact with customers. The report says that last Saturday, alone, saw 142 venue inspections, resulting in 4 arrests. 2 of those arrests on Saturday were in Kamala and 1 each was in Wichit and Muang districts. Police say the inspections were carried out as part of their efforts to enforce the Phuket Provincial Order No. […]

The story Phuket police arrest 32 after more than 3,500 venue raids since November as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3,500 'venue raids' in the 35 days since November 1?

That's 100 raids a day, but with less than one arrest a day . . . either Phuket is totally out of control or the police are visiting the wrong venues.

  • Like 3
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm..... So few arrests and charges... Either people are being super compliant or the police are relaxing their vigilance to give the people a break. Either is fine. Thailand...as has the rest of the world...have had enough!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hmmm..... So few arrests and charges... Either people are being super compliant or the police are relaxing their vigilance to give the people a break. Either is fine. Thailand...as has the rest of the world...have had enough!!!!!

Or the brown paper bags are flowing 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ozvenision said:

Or the brown paper bags are flowing 😉

Ok...I'm hearing you...but the business owners don't have the money after the lockdowns and the absence of tourists to pay off police. Maybe the authorities realised you can't flog a dead horse...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, King Cotton said:

3,500 'venue raids' in the 35 days since November 1?

That's 100 raids a day, but with less than one arrest a day . . . either Phuket is totally out of control or the police are visiting the wrong venues.

Think you will find, a raid is just a walk in to collect money! then if they pay nothing to see here! 11pm is closing time yet there is one  or two clubs here shut the front doors at 11pm with signs saying closed, yet the side door down a small road is open and many people packing the cub out until 1am! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Think you will find, a raid is just a walk in to collect money! then if they pay nothing to see here! 11pm is closing time yet there is one  or two clubs here shut the front doors at 11pm with signs saying closed, yet the side door down a small road is open and many people packing the cub out until 1am! 

Wonderful . . . just as I suspected but fought shy of saying 😏!

  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2021 at 4:29 AM, King Cotton said:

3,500 'venue raids' in the 35 days since November 1?

That's 100 raids a day, but with less than one arrest a day . . . either Phuket is totally out of control or the police are visiting the wrong venues.

Or maybe they are being compliant, though I do have doubts about the likelihood of that. 

Seriously though, if a local police chief in the UK were to mount 3500 raids that could only net 32 arrests for petty crime, I think his bosses would nickname him Chief Inspector Money-pit

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use