News Forum - Push for Thailand to be medical marijuana hub starts November

Thaiger

Authorities say Thailand will launch its bid to become Southeast Asia’s world-class medical marijuana hub next month. Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul plans to push marijuana as a major industrial crop according to the Director-General of the Department of Medical Services. The Ministry and Department will work together to promote the crop and put Thailand’s medicinal marijuana police into effect on November 10. The plan is to legalise and promote marijuana as a medical treatment for a wide variety of afflictions, boosting the plant’s status as a major industrial crop. That would create a huge potential for economic boom […]

The story Push for Thailand to be medical marijuana hub starts November as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Cool 1

4 minutes ago, yetanother said:

"The Ministry and Department will work together to promote the crop and put Thailand’s medicinal marijuana police into effect on November 10"

good, then it will be out in the public wilds of thailand;

more available to all of us;

sure,free to roam in corruption, black markets and all that ;

BUT we are all closer to having local sources

and if the thai police are in charge , we are sure to get access when their pockets get a bit empty

Yeah good old boys in brown. 

One will sell it to you his mate around the corner will arrest you in possession, then the big chief back at the station will offer you a cheap get out of jail free pass only 100,000 baht.

Cheap weed.....😉

• Haha 6

FFS. How about first becoming the hub of proper Covid management before fooling around with ganja. The way that the state system is handling the upsurge of Covid here in Chiang Mai verges on the amatuerish and is the reason why the daily case rate increases non stop. Get the essentials right Prayuth before you  venture off on another wild scheme.

• Like 7

Just now, Pompies said:

FFS. How about first becoming the hub of proper Covid management before fooling around with ganja. The way that the state system is handling the upsurge of Covid here in Chiang Mai verges on the amatuerish and is the reason why the daily case rate increases non stop. Get the essentials right Prayuth before you  venture off on another wild scheme.

Covid costs them money, money they can not divert to their own offshore accounts. With Ganja it will give them that opportunity, simple Thai economics

10 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Pretty sure the government has been trialling the different cultivars over the last couple of years to make these decisions 

It was in the news. Prayut prefers the traditional Thai bamboo bong.

https://www.khaosod.co.th/politics/news_1788416

And another time he was getting into the drops.

https://www.naewna.com/politic/459461

กัญชา.jpg

459461.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Cool 1

Medical Marijuana hub my ass. Just the other day someone got arrested for having Marijuana. 

With that arrest, they are saying Marijuana is bad. So now that they can make money off it, it's suddenly ok? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The Ministry and Department will work together to promote the crop and put Thailand’s medicinal marijuana police into effect on November 10.

Some police to be 'put into effect'? . . . 12 days should be enough for them to get their heads around the idea.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, gummy said:

Covid costs them money, money they can not divert to their own offshore accounts. With Ganja it will give them that opportunity, simple Thai economics

I thought families could grow it.

Covid costs the taxpayer money. Perhaps you are a bit naive to how things work. I am sure if they were that way inclined as you are suggesting then there would be plenty of room for commissions and backhanders paid into offshore accounts from vaccines. 

6 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I thought families could grow it.

Covid costs the taxpayer money. Perhaps you are a bit naive to how things work. I am sure if they were that way inclined as you are suggesting then there would be plenty of room for commissions and backhanders paid into offshore accounts from vaccines. 

There is no other way to explain their fondness for Sinovac other than kick backs.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Medical Marijuana hub my ass. Just the other day someone got arrested for having Marijuana. 

With that arrest, they are saying Marijuana is bad. So now that they can make money off it, it's suddenly ok? 

The medical stuff has very low THC and instead CBD.

While the stuff that gets you smashed is what they busted.

They don't want lazy stoners, but the medical qualities. They are selling ganja tea and drinks legally in shopping plazas etc. 

I gave the Black Canyon stuff a go. Skolled 8 of their ganja drinks and two tubs of the ganja icecream. 

It didn't do anything.

470297.jpg

Edited by RobMuir
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

3 times money from the same ganja. One time selling you and his mate arrest you get another time paid from you to let you free and also money from selling your ganja again that he confiscated from you. Thai scams at its best.

• Like 2

Authorities say Thailand will launch its bid to become Southeast Asia’s world-class medical marijuana hub next month. Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul plans to push marijuana as a major industrial crop according to the Director-General of the Department of Medical Services. The Ministry and Department will work together to promote the crop and put Thailand’s medicinal marijuana police into effect on November 10. The plan is to legalise and promote marijuana as a medical treatment for a wide variety of afflictions, boosting the plant’s status as a major industrial crop. That would create a huge potential for economic boom […]

The story Push for Thailand to be medical marijuana hub starts November as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sure the drug business is the main business after they destroyed the economy and the country. And sure it is a cash crop this we could see and got a example of it with Joe Ferrari where the gangsters in uniform having 39 luxury super cars and living in a huge luxury villa and having hundreds of billions baht in cash in the cupboard. And then even no feel any shame to tell the nation every day that they are the good ones. It shows how deep rotten to the core they are.

• Like 2

Medical marijuana...just make it legal already.  Alcohol was prescription only during prohibition...this is the same nonsense.  (note- and this is coming from someone who gets no pleasure from marijuana and could care less if it was legalized)

Edited by kmc
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Stardust said:

and having hundreds of billions baht in cash in the cupboard

Mate, i have told you a million times before not to exaggerate.

I think you are confused a bit, the government isn't selling illegal ganja. Familes are allowed to grow their own for medicinal purposes. 

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

Remember prohibition? One day it was illegal to drink, the next day it wasn't?

This is just the same.

and put Thailand’s medicinal marijuana police into effect on November 10

It may well need the medical marijuana police, but I think it's the policy that comes into effect in a fortnight 😂

From being a "gateway" drug, to a medical miracle treatment just like that... 🤣😂🤣

Medical tourism, licenses, taxes, prescriptions... sounds like someone is looking to make some money off selling drugs? Drugs colloquially speaking. Or is Marijuana no longer a drug? I suppose it simply shifts from being a bad drug to a good drug when the "authorities" (government) says so? 

5 hours ago, EdwardV said:

The path to hell is paved with good intentions. 

What do you mean by this?  People abuse alcohol as their escape because that is the only thing that is legal to escape with.  Marijuana provides an alternative that is far safer- in many regards.  If by opposite of path paved to hell...you would be 100% correct.

1 hour ago, kmc said:

What do you mean by this?  People abuse alcohol as their escape because that is the only thing that is legal to escape with.  Marijuana provides an alternative that is far safer- in many regards.  If by opposite of path paved to hell...you would be 100% correct.

It means, using substances like mood altering/suppressing alcohol and Marijuana does nothing to correct the underlying problem you purport is helpful (escapism). These of course often only create more problems. But I am for legalizing all substances, I was just responding to the meaning of the OP. Once government gets out of the way, people will figure out what's good for them and what is not. Or they will suffer the consequences... like alcoholism an attempt at self medicating to cope with mental health issues by suppression (alcohol and marijuana). The idiots will either self correct or suffer... let freedom of choice reign. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.

HUB HUB HUB HUB. All we hear is this nonsense. Thailand couldn’t even be an aviation HUB after they invested in Suvarnabhumi. Now they want to be a HUB for electric vehicles.  A HUB for MICE. A HUB for renewable energy. The country is so so far behind the real world, the only thing Thailand will ever be a HUB for is cheapish holidays. Sad to see it to be honest…. What’s the saying? “You can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can’t fool most of the world any of the time”. Goons !  

• Haha 1