News Forum - Tourism Minister proposes reopening entertainment venues November 1

Thaiger

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha may be opening up Thailand to international travellers, but Minister of Tourism and Sports Pipat Ratchakitprakan is aiming to open up entertainment venues to those international travellers. The Tourism Minister plans on officially proposing that entertainment venues, bars, nightclubs, karaoke lounges, pubs and other nightlife venues be reopening in the Blue Zones, the new term for the expanded Sandbox destinations. In a TV interview today, the minister said he planned to introduce the measure in a CCSA general meeting next week, requesting that in key areas entertainment venues reopen on November 1. The proposal would focus on […]

The story Tourism Minister proposes reopening entertainment venues November 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

23 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The Tourism Minister plans on officially proposing that entertainment venues, bars, nightclubs, karaoke lounges, pubs and other nightlife venues be reopening in the Blue Zones,

"But no tongues," he quickly added, as he was still mindful about covid.

• Haha 4

Seems to be an unnecessary risk at this point. There are going to be very few tourists for the first 2-3 weeks, it's just too hard of a trip to set up on this short of notice. I see little benefit in doing so before December 1. But that's just me. 

• Like 4

I've seen a Vlog on YT just yesterday, which showed that bars and pubs on Bangla Road in Patong, Phuket are opened and quite busy. 555

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Seems to be an unnecessary risk at this point. There are going to be very few tourists for the first 2-3 weeks, it's just too hard of a trip to set up on this short of notice. I see little benefit in doing so before December 1. But that's just me. 

I think you're  being optimistic with 2 or 3 weeks. I personally don't think 2 or 3 months is even close. 

I personally believe given the current situation, tourism is stuffed for 2 or 3 years at least, got to make it easy to come, got to make it attractive to come. Right now,  it's neither. 

Just my view.😊

• Like 5

I will believe when it opens..other than that it's all proposal, hoax, opinion & talk..talk..talk.to the media. If they open the entertainment venues, there will be another wave of COVID-19 virus which will be forced to close Thailand again forever even though the country reaches its herd immunity. Not trying to be pessimistic here, they have been doing that for the last 20 months. The mass vaccination way too slow still

• Like 2

Perhaps reality has finally set in at the top.

tour groups and the wealthy are not coming to thailand anytime soon so they are targeting the single cheap charlie's world wide.

Cheap hotels,booze and lonely single maidens could be attractive to many.

hopefully they will also drop the tax on cigarettes and it will be back to just like it was in the 80's.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, ace035 said:

I will believe when it opens..other than that it's all proposal, hoax, opinion & talk..talk..talk.to the media. If they open the entertainment venues, there will be another wave of COVID-19 virus which will be forced to close Thailand again forever even though the country reaches its herd immunity. Not trying to be pessimistic here, they have been doing that for the last 20 months. The mass vaccination way too slow still

Correct..... your telling the truth . The problem is 90 percent don’t here so after a while you believe the 90 percent.they are not vac enough full stop . If uk running at 100 k a day 

Thailand will be worse within 3 months 

Then start again 

it’s come this far I would not rush nov 

they should push on and vac plus watch full out from uk USA .

thais have done better then west 

West has blown more money then Thailand the pressure is on the west not east 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

I think you're  being optimistic with 2 or 3 weeks. I personally don't think 2 or 3 months is even close. 

I personally believe given the current situation, tourism is stuffed for 2 or 3 years at least, got to make it easy to come, got to make it attractive to come. Right now,  it's neither. 

Just my view.😊

Yes if you want normal you are correct but world is and will be far from normal next 5 years even 10 . So more people on planet more problems .work through it or die at home complaining. They don’t really care about the 10s of millions unofficial dead.

who is going to care your inconvenienced

wake up it’s modern world 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SaMos75 said:

I've seen a Vlog on YT just yesterday, which showed that bars and pubs on Bangla Road in Patong, Phuket are opened and quite busy. 555

If your farang and you break rule you will pay 

so don’t worry what you see , worry what u do 

now do you want to be looking over shoulders half cut all day 

if not they will tap you on shoulder and you will pay .... that’s not a holiday 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha may be opening up Thailand to international travellers, but Minister of Tourism and Sports Pipat Ratchakitprakan is aiming to open up entertainment venues to those international travellers. The Tourism Minister plans on officially proposing that entertainment venues, bars, nightclubs, karaoke lounges, pubs and other nightlife venues be reopening in the Blue Zones, the new term for the expanded Sandbox destinations. In a TV interview today, the minister said he planned to introduce the measure in a CCSA general meeting next week, requesting that in key areas entertainment venues reopen on November 1. The proposal would focus on […]

The story Tourism Minister proposes reopening entertainment venues November 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's going to take some time to clean out the cobwebs......and to clean the buildings.

• Like 1

In a normal country, this person would be held accountable for crimes against humanity come January or February. What a totally reckless selfish nutcase. Maybe he’s on a bonus if they get more than 100,000 tourists. What harm is it to kill a few thousand Issan bar girls and a few hundred Farang? Soulless people 🤬

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Soidog said:

In a normal country, this person would be held accountable for crimes against humanity come January or February. What a totally reckless selfish nutcase. Maybe he’s on a bonus if they get more than 100,000 tourists. What harm is it to kill a few thousand Issan bar girls and a few hundred Farang? Soulless people 🤬

What is he proposing that most other countries haven't?

(Especially mine with so many bad proposals)

There has been so many, what seems like, hasty proposals by so many countries 

I think people have lost sight that this is unprecedented times

No one is really "qualified " to handle this because we/they never faced this 

What do you think many of us would do as tourism minister of a country that has lost 95% of it's business?

Plus they have pressure from their citizens

I am sure any decisions we would make in these roles wouldn't be perfect either and questioned

One of my best friends growing up is Mayor of my city 

I'm not bashing him, but I'd rate him in the lower 3rd tier of intelligence amongst my friends

And he was handed a frigging pandemic to try and sort out!

This shit is incredibly hard, I think we all lose sight of that...   

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cathat said:

Perhaps reality has finally set in at the top.

tour groups and the wealthy are not coming to thailand anytime soon so they are targeting the single cheap charlie's world wide.

Cheap hotels,booze and lonely single maidens could be attractive to many.

hopefully they will also drop the tax on cigarettes and it will be back to just like it was in the 80's.

My guess it will be going up soon, the shops are running out of ciggies 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, SaMos75 said:

I saw one myself from a Friday night from Bangla road it was busy

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Soidog said:

You are 100 % correct and in my opinion the PM and all of the depraved and corrupt administration appeared to deliberately, last year, ensure that they had the vaccines  predominately ignoring the poor in the N and NE .  Unfortunately their assumptions that the poor Issan people would suffer badly from contagion did not go as  they had hoped perhaps, so in an attempt to ensure that the virus spread he  encouraged the infected Bangkokians and others to travel for SongKran this year.  That didn't work either because in the main the Issan people, and that included some Governors also, looked after themselves as best they could and imposed local quarantine on those returning.  Now after massive pressure internally and fearing he would get tossed out of the trough, since around May time vaccines have finally begun to flow in large quantities to those parts of the country.

I wonder what the next plot this scoundrel and his master will plan to  return 50% of the country back to serfdom which these evil people so desire so that they may continue their corrupt and depraved activities unhindered and unpublicised ?

8 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

Just my view.😊

The view held by quite a few senior management figures in the international aviation world is 10 years minimum for international long haul traffic to return to 2019 levels at best.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

Well i can stop drinking at home and finally imagine drinking at Nana soon.

• Haha 1

Re-open to tourists and re-open the nightlife ? You want to know what will happen ? Look south to Singapore. 85% of the population there has been vaccinated. They re-opened to some tourists from a dozen countries. And there was a surge in Covid-19 infections. A big surge. The hospitals are overflowing. And 30% of Covid deaths there in the past month were fully vaccinated people! Thailand has nowhere near as many people vaccinated as Singapore. So good luck with that re-opening Thailand. You're going to need it.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bangkok_Gary said:

Re-open to tourists and re-open the nightlife ? You want to know what will happen ? Look south to Singapore. 85% of the population there has been vaccinated. They re-opened to some tourists from a dozen countries. And there was a surge in Covid-19 infections. A big surge. The hospitals are overflowing. And 30% of Covid deaths there in the past month were fully vaccinated people! Thailand has nowhere near as many people vaccinated as Singapore. So good luck with that re-opening Thailand. You're going to need it.

It's not looking to good for Russians

• Like 1

And what do you think happen as some places open and some not same what happen before bangkok lockdown and they all come to pattaya bringing covid with them same as last time it not will be the toerist that bring it 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gummy said:

You are 100 % correct and in my opinion the PM and all of the depraved and corrupt administration appeared to deliberately, last year, ensure that they had the vaccines  predominately ignoring the poor in the N and NE .  Unfortunately their assumptions that the poor Issan people would suffer badly from contagion did not go as  they had hoped perhaps, so in an attempt to ensure that the virus spread he  encouraged the infected Bangkokians and others to travel for SongKran this year.  That didn't work either because in the main the Issan people, and that included some Governors also, looked after themselves as best they could and imposed local quarantine on those returning.  Now after massive pressure internally and fearing he would get tossed out of the trough, since around May time vaccines have finally begun to flow in large quantities to those parts of the country.

I wonder what the next plot this scoundrel and his master will plan to  return 50% of the country back to serfdom which these evil people so desire so that they may continue their corrupt and depraved activities unhindered and unpublicised ?

And yet you choose to live there

Thailand sure has some pull on some people......

• Haha 1