News Forum - British man Barry found 3 days after getting lost in forest

Thaiger

Barry Weller enjoys nature and taking his motorbike to cruise through the local scenery in Khon Kaen. He would regularly go out for afternoon rides to explore the rice paddies and forest in the area, but would always return before dark. But on Tuesday afternoon the British man told his Thai wife that he was off for a ride through the local trees and rice field and he did not return that night. His worried wife alerted authorities at the Ubon Rattana police station that night and a search party began efforts to track down the missing man. They searched through […]

The post British man Barry found 3 days after getting lost in forest appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

20 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Barry was taken to a local hospital for examination to check his condition after being stranded in the forest for 3 days. Doctors will make sure he is in stable condition and then release him to his home.

If he's in a stable condition, that should stop him horsing around. His wife needs to keep him on a tight rein.

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Video of the Rescue Barry on this link. 

He say he have a good time. And very happy.

But he cry. 

https://www.esandailyonline.com/92069

I guess he was overcome with emotion due to the relief of being safe. Poor guy could have easily died. He must think he’s off for a stroll around Epping forest. A totally dangerous environment for anyone, let alone an old guy on his own. Happy to see him safe and all turned out well. Great job by the rescue team👍🏻

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Hey, I resemble that remark.

As do l, once got lost for 2 days trying to find the bathroom in my home.

Glad he was found, well done by the locals.

Edited by DiggR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, DiggR said:

And then, once found, I always have to figure out why I was trying to find it in the first place.

• Haha 1

I am glad he is OK but I suppose the wife will have to get used to him 'being away' permanently in the near future seeing as he is already 72 and she is just 49, quite a large age difference by normal Thai standards, but it seems to be common with farangs married to women from Issan, living in Issan.

6 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

I have a confession to make..

Let's all admit it as Spartacus's army did when surrounded by the Romans, "I'm Spartacus", "No, I am Spartacus"..................

5 hours ago, JamesE said:
6 hours ago, DiggR said:

And then, once found, I always have to figure out why I was trying to find it in the first place.

Two minutes from bedroom to kitchen is enough to do the same for me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Barry Weller enjoys nature and taking his motorbike to cruise through the local scenery in Khon Kaen. He would regularly go out for afternoon rides to explore the rice paddies and forest in the area, but would always return before dark. But on Tuesday afternoon the British man told his Thai wife that he was off for a ride through the local trees and rice field and he did not return that night. His worried wife alerted authorities at the Ubon Rattana police station that night and a search party began efforts to track down the missing man. They searched through […]

The post British man Barry found 3 days after getting lost in forest appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

the lengths some people will go to for a beer during restrictions haha

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

If he's in a stable condition, that should stop him horsing around. His wife needs to keep him on a tight rein.

Neigh.

*seen who's made an appearance?*

• Haha 3