News Forum - Thailand tourism officials call for restrictions on Indian tourists to be lifted

Thaiger

Tourism officials say Thailand should allow Indian tourists to visit the country again as the Covid-19 situation in India has significantly improved. There have been no commercial flights between Thailand and India since April when Thai authorities suspended the issuance of Certificates of Entry, which are mandatory to enter the country, to Indian nationals due to the emergence of the highly transmissible Delta variant and spike of infections. Last week, Thailand started allowing business travellers in India and those in India who have family in Thailand to submit applications for COEs. Tourism officials say the next step should be allowing […]

The post Thailand tourism officials call for restrictions on Indian tourists to be lifted appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide

Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them dogies movin', rawhide
Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope 'em, throw, and brand 'em
Soon we'll be livin' high and wide

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Amazing that, let's invite tourists from India, is treated as how many million baht they will spend !  Each country is just a money stream rather than will people come under these restrictions..

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

Amazing that, let's invite tourists from India, is treated as how many million baht they will spend !  Each country is just a money stream rather than will people come under these restrictions..

It's so sad that people come here for a nice time, the Thai smile and feeling welcome, yet are seen as cash cows. 

It might be good to realise that even if tourism restarts, it won't be busy like before for many years. Hotels won't be fully booked, restaurants and bars won't be full. The high season will be even shorter. And guess where the few tourists go? Yes, to friendly, honest places where they're not ripped off.

Heard of Tripadvisor and the like? People actually use these sites and some are digging their own whole with their attitude.

• Like 5

As on now about 15% of the Indian population received both doses and more than half of the population have received the first dose of covid vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

5555. The TAT seems to have found a new stash of the good stuff!! After battling the Delta variant so fiercely and only now got it under control, they'll never let us go to a country with such a high new daily per capita caseload.  Nor will any sensible Indian want to go through the hoops for a vacation, even if he had a mak-mak waiting for him there.🤩

Allowed or not, I'm certainly not stepping there till the rules are stable and the gougers have learnt their lesson after starving a few months.  Looking like April 2022 for me, at the earliest

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide

Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them dogies movin', rawhide
Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope 'em, throw, and brand 'em
Soon we'll be livin' high and wide

YOU"RE the Good Ole Boys?!!!!!!!!!......Were on a mission from God..

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

YOU"RE the Good Ole Boys?!!!!!!!!!......Were on a mission from God..

Great! Now I'm craving four fried chickens and a coke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bob20 said:

It's so sad that people come here for a nice time, the Thai smile and feeling welcome, yet are seen as cash cows. 

It might be good to realise that even if tourism restarts, it won't be busy like before for many years. Hotels won't be fully booked, restaurants and bars won't be full. The high season will be even shorter. And guess where the few tourists go? Yes, to friendly, honest places where they're not ripped off.

Heard of Tripadvisor and the like? People actually use these sites and some are digging their own whole with their attitude.

Can only be beneficial for the society, less goddamn foreigners. Tourists and residents.

11 hours ago, vijayvijin said:

As on now about 15% of the Indian population received both doses and more than half of the population have received the first dose of covid vaccine.

That is math, like in Phuket, methinks!

Population is INCLUDE kids and youth, not just adults!

Population : 1.4 billion

Administered doses (Aug. 23) : 570 million

About  100 Mio have been fully vaccinated, ~470 Mio (and adults only!) got one jab.

Of course the TAT's financial calculations on the benefit to the Thai economy is based on previous numbers, which occured when EVERYTHING was open; bars, restaurants, air flights, go go clubs, diving centers, boat tours...etc., etc., etc.

Calculate that again with little open and those numbers would be anemic.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, vijayvijin said:

A little better than Thailand, maybe, but not the most encouraging prospect for ramping-up travel . . . just yet.  Your debut post, too, so thanks for that!

Hello, vijayvijin and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ajstyle said:

Dream on .. With this much of restrictions hardly any indian tourists will come to thailand for leisure . 

Too true, I'm sure!  And this, your debut post, too . . . thanks for that!

Hello, Ajstyle and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

Hooray, Big money spender are coming!

I was once contacted on Airbnb by an Indian tourist whom was enquiring to rent my 35 sqm condo, he asked if there was a limit of people that could stay, turned out they were a group of 5 men that wanted to stay in this small condo.

I can only guess the cost and hassles of 4 PCR tests will discourage them, like the rest of us.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Too true, I'm sure!  And this, your debut post, too . . . thanks for that!

Hello, Ajstyle and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

Thanks @King Cotton for your warm welcome .

About myself .. Well ..  My name is ajay . indian guy . loves travelling to south asian nation as for thailand its been like 5 times i have been there . 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tim said:

Hooray, Big money spenders are coming!

I was once contacted on Airbnb by an Indian tourist who was enquiring to rent my 35 sqm condo, he asked if there was a limit of people that could stay, turned out they were a group of 5 men that wanted to stay in this small condo.

I can only guess the cost and hassles of 4 PCR tests will discourage them, like the rest of us.

Lol, that Airbnb part cracked me up. 😂

These many Restrictions will discourage Indian travellers to come to Thailand for vacation unless it's a business trip or wants to meet family members but for leisure 'nay'.

Have many options from the Maldives to Andaman and Nicobar islands 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Guest1 said:

That is math, like in Phuket, methinks!

The population is INCLUDE kids and youth, not just adults!

Population: 1.4 billion

Administered doses (Aug. 23): 570 million

About  100 Mio have been fully vaccinated, ~470 Mio (and adults only!) got one jab.

It's a mammoth task to vaccinate everyone in India. It will take time. 

Right now over 650 million people have been vaccinated which include more than 500 million with one dose and over 140 million with both doses. 

The average rate is more than 60 million per day 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tim said:

[...]turned out they were a group of 5 men that wanted to stay in this small condo.

Yep, that sounds like Indians.

I can recall, on evenings sitting at Pattaya beach road, groups of indian men bargaining with ONE lady for a group discount! 4 or 6 for the price of 2 or 3. And assumingly staying all together in one room anyway!

1 hour ago, Ajstyle said:

Right now over 650 million people have been vaccinated which include more than 500 million with one dose and over 140 million with both doses. 

Sorry but I fail to accept any figures India submit. Massaging figures is one thing ,blatant BS is something else.

• Like 1

My favourite was witnessed in a very well known Bar in udon an indian stood in the Rd fixated by the girls and desperate to get them to come out to him he wouldnt go in and buy a beer just wanted to watch the girls he was told to move on. Again in Udon i saw 4 indians sharing 1 small bottle of water outside a 7/11 lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ajstyle said:

Wow. And here in Thailand because of them purposely continually dropping the ball in favor of their messed up plan, one can see it as walking backwards. 

Let’s be nice guy n girls. I am happy to hear it being a different country than the usual one Kowtowed to that is creating problems with other countries. There, I said it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ajstyle said:

And pigs will fly