News Forum - VIDEO: Pit bull attacks in Pattaya

Thaiger

CCTV footage captured the moment a man’s pet pit bull launched and bit a woman inside a condo building in Pattaya, Chon Buri province, eastern Thailand on Saturday. The pit bull and its owner were about to take the lift when the dog, seemingly out of nowhere, launched at a woman walking past and bit her thigh, causing her an injury. The clip went viral on social media and left netizens asking: is it legal to raise a pit bull inside a condo in Thailand? The condo featured in the video allows tenants to raise pets, so long as they […]

The story VIDEO: Pit bull attacks in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The clip went viral on social media and left netizens asking: is it legal to raise a pit bull inside a condo in Thailand?

Just as well ask the python lurking in the toilet bowl if he's from dynorod .. 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, palooka said:

Go for it girl, sue everyone until idiots that keep these dogs get the message.

There really is no other word to describe people who keep these dogs. I guess the only caveat is that to call them idiots is being unkind to idiots

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skip said:

His compensation for having a small dxxx... sue everyone involved especially the condo organization for their lack of oversight

In any normal country that is what would happen. In fact the law would look to prosecute on your behalf. The problem in Thailand is people rarely do sue if it’s a case of socially bottom up. You risk expensive defamation cases or even death. Head down and mouth shut is the way. Frustrates the life out of me at times, but I’m lucky I’m not Thai

• Like 2

14 hours ago, palooka said:

Go for it girl, sue everyone until idiots that keep these dogs get the message.

I don't believe in suing at the drop of a fart, but in this case it's definitely warranted, she must have been terrified! Hope she gets a fortune!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaicm said:

I guess Thailand hasn't reached the acceptable quota for attacks and deaths.  Stupid.  Ban the breed.

Ban the breed yes for condos and small properties, I have a friend that has one on a 5 acre property and he's absolutely adorable, he's free all day to get rid of his frustrations and excess energy. He's very well trained and goes about town quietly on his leash. He's 10 now and not a single problem. We should judge the owner, not the dog.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I love the condo administration response. Never mind that all the condo administration offices in Thailand are somewhere between the entrance of the condo and the elevator.

3 hours ago, Mandy said:

We should judge the owner, not the dog.

Totally agree with that. I’m sure there are occasional bad dogs, but 99% of the time it’s the owners that don’t know how to take care of them. Any law change should be focused on prosecution for the person. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1