News Forum - Changes to the Thailand Pass, starting tomorrow

Thaiger

New info posted on the Thailand Pass website. The change, which starts tomorrow according to the announcement, will now allow applicants to arrive on a different day to the date originally approved in their Thailand Pass application, as long as it’s no more than 7 days either side of the original date. If you are travelling to Thailand at the moment, everyone, including Thais, need to register for a Thailand Pass, whether they are arriving under the Test & Go, Sandbox or Alternative Quarantine programs. Here’s the announcement… “Applicants can use their approved Thailand Pass QR Code to enter Thailand […]

The story Changes to the Thailand Pass, starting tomorrow as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

New info posted on the Thailand Pass website. The change, which starts tomorrow according to the announcement, will now allow applicants to arrive on a different day to the date originally approved in their Thailand Pass application, as long as it’s no more than 7 days either side of the original date. If you are travelling to Thailand at the moment, everyone, including Thais, need to register for a Thailand Pass, whether they are arriving under the Test & Go, Sandbox or Alternative Quarantine programs. Here’s the announcement… “Applicants can use their approved Thailand Pass QR Code to enter Thailand […]

The story Changes to the Thailand Pass, starting tomorrow as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

GET RID ..  NOW. ALL RESTRICTIONS 😠

Foreigners the Solution not the Problem.

• Like 11

Not that the change makes a shred of difference to anyone. 

it does show they can change the rules almost overnight so why does every other rule need so much discussion and appear in the Royal Gazette  before it takes place .... just asking ? 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

Just get rid of this TP stupidity instead trying to band-aid ist shortcomings.

• Like 3

It seems to me that the majority of people everywhere agree that tourists entering Thailand are not going to contribute significantly (or at all) to the increase of Covid-19 cases in Thailand.

The rule makers need to get into damage control to regain any of the face already lost over the last few months. Other countries in the region have opened up and the longer it takes Thailand to do so risks further damage to the reputation of the country.

I love Thailand, my partner lives here and I dream of spending significant time here when I retire, but I worry of what will be left if the economy is allowed to continue to decline because of ineffectual rules remaining in place.   

• Like 5

Testing at the airport won’t work because there are far too many people arriving for every test to be properly supervised. No other country in the world has ever had this kind of ridiculous arrangement for obvious reasons. Vaccine passports are a step backwards too because the original double vaccination dates for many people are now expiring as they’re coming up to a year or more. One booster may prolong your vaccination status for a little longer but time will soon run out on that too. So the term ‘fully vaccinated’ will soon become meaningless because we cannot re-vaccinate the whole world every 9 months or so. Time to move on. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

Testing at the airport won’t work because there are far too many people arriving for every test to be properly supervised. No other country in the world has ever had this kind of ridiculous arrangement for obvious reasons. Vaccine passports are a step backwards too because the original double vaccination dates for many people are now expiring as they’re coming up to a year or more. One booster may prolong your vaccination status for a little longer but time will soon run out on that too. So the term ‘fully vaccinated’ will soon become meaningless because we cannot re-vaccinate the whole world every 9 months or so. Time to move on. 

Canada had testing on arrival 

And it went extremely fast 

After clearing usual customs it took no longer than 10mins

But we were allowed to go home for results 

In Thailand you will need to wait

Stop the dilly dallying..  just make a firm commitment to stop it all, its got nothing to do with losing face, show some leadership.. that equals respect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

16 hours ago, oldschooler said:

GET RID ..  NOW. ALL RESTRICTIONS 😠

Foreigners the Solution not the Problem.

It’s coming. Just take every  step in the right direction as a win.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Canada had testing on arrival 

And it went extremely fast 

After clearing usual customs it took no longer than 10mins

But we were allowed to go home for results 

In Thailand you will need to wait

Boo hoo.If you let people out before getting the results doesn’t it defeat the object. You will wait longer than 10 minutes for a taxi so it’s nothing. However scrapping testing and TP ASAP is what everyone wants so hopefully it will happen soon

Edited by Stevejm

4 hours ago, Leeshard said:

Japan has required testing at the Japan airport AND testing required 72 hours prior to boarding flight to Japan. Very long time(2-5 hours) to exit even with small numbers of passengers, I think this has to be scrapped before tourists are allowed again. Jusst scrap Thailand pass and get on with life

• Like 3

Have not kept up to speed. I have a USA friend who will not get the vaccine for his own reasons. Anyone know what the steps are for him to come here?

He might have covid now, so if he tests postive and get's through it, can he use an anitbodies test as he has CV-19 tolerance built up?

If it is a false alarm for Covid and no antibody built up, can he test and go if negative with proper insurance? Or what are the requirments for people like him with no vaccine shots?

This is ridiculously changing rules every short time in raw. The only problem is this testing things with 1 day or more hotel stay... the reason why ppl are hesitated to come to Thailand. Me either... it's a rip off for me, so I'm waiting till those rules are canceled. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Have not kept up to speed. I have a USA friend who will not get the vaccine for his own reasons. Anyone know what the steps are for him to come here?

He might have covid now, so if he tests postive and get's through it, can he use an anitbodies test as he has CV-19 tolerance built up?

If it is a false alarm for Covid and no antibody built up, can he test and go if negative with proper insurance? Or what are the requirments for people like him with no vaccine shots?

Alternative quarantine if not vaccinated. I have tried to post the requirements below. If recovered from Covid no more than 3 months before entry I believe a doctor certificate is required then can enter under test and go. Hope this helps.

1EE24AC6-60B0-4EEA-9980-049D87E823F8.jpeg

Edited by Stevejm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

Alternative quarantine if not vaccinated. I have tried to post the requirements below. If recovered from Covid no more than 3 months before entry I believe a doctor certificate is required then can enter under test and go. Hope this helps.

Doesn't clear to me.
Sandbox:

3. "Paid SHAExtra+/AQ hotelbooking confirmation for 5 days...
I thought you had to book for day one and day 5, but this reads like booking 5 days.
Lat trip (February) I booked for day 1 and 5. Now 5  days. Have the rules changed or wrong text in this case?

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

Thanks. Seems a little strange to me so I did a look around and found something. Now a non vacinated person will have to do mandatory quarantine for 5 days. If you ask me this it total BS and irrelevant to covid positve or negative. 

Another site says if infected and recovered 14 days after then a meidcal certifiacte not older than 3 months.

Another site says if infected and recovered with 1 shot of vaccine afterwards then medical certificate of infection and recovery is also needed.

Sounds like they are different and just discriminating against non vaccinated healthy negative folk. What a farce and sham and shame.

Thank you for your reply to me. Much appreciated.

13 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Thanks. Seems a little strange to me so I did a look around and found something. Now a non vacinated person will have to do mandatory quarantine for 5 days. If you ask me this it total BS and irrelevant to covid positve or negative. 

Another site says if infected and recovered 14 days after then a meidcal certifiacte not older than 3 months.

Another site says if infected and recovered with 1 shot of vaccine afterwards then medical certificate of infection and recovery is also needed.

Sounds like they are different and just discriminating against non vaccinated healthy negative folk. What a farce and sham and shame.

Thank you for your reply to me. Much appreciated.

I think many countries discriminate against non vaccinated healthy people. That will disappear over time but for the time being non vaccinated people can expect to have to quarantine. For example Singapore requires 7 days and Malaysia 5 days. 

• Like 1