New football competition - Interested?

Faz

Just to clarify, I made the original suggestion for an additional game, which I intended to run on the forum (as with the LPS game), not 'offsite' as with the FPL game.
I wasn't expecting anyone else to take over administrative duties of a game I suggested, being quite prepared to take on that responsibility myself.

However, at the moment there appears to be possibly only 5/6 members sufficiently interested, which makes any effort on my part hardly worthwhile and that despite a 'banner' advertising the game at the top of the forum.

• Like 3

On 1/4/2022 at 11:02 AM, Faz said:

Just to clarify, I made the original suggestion for an additional game, which I intended to run on the forum (as with the LPS game), not 'offsite' as with the FPL game.
I wasn't expecting anyone else to take over administrative duties of a game I suggested, being quite prepared to take on that responsibility myself.

However, at the moment there appears to be possibly only 5/6 members sufficiently interested, which makes any effort on my part hardly worthwhile and that despite a 'banner' advertising the game at the top of the forum.

Hi, @Faz. Further to your posted request (in the LPS thread) for a show of interest, I'm an 'aye' man.

• Like 2

OK, just an update and to confirm those interest in participating in a new additional game to the LPS game.

So far:
@Faz
@BigHewer
@JohninDublin
@King Cotton
@Dedinbed
@Slacker77
@GMoney2312
@snapdragon
@Marble-eye
All say 'aye'. 👍

Anyone I've forgotten and what about @spicy_girl and @Chaimai?

Going with game 2 - results and score predictions for Premiership fixtures.

• Like 2

Just now, King Cotton said:

Hi, @Faz. Further to your posted request (in the LPS thread) for a show of interest, I'm an 'aye' man.

Your on the list already KC 😉

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Still working on refining the spreadsheet using Libre office calc, but due to technical glitch (it thinks scores are dates) I've change the format to 'text'.

I've already made an example sheet of how the game will be played using fictitious scores and player predictions and how the results and scores will be marked. For a correct result you receive 10 points (highlighted yellow), but for a correct result and score you receive 40 points (highlighted green).

This will make it easier for players to check their point tally.

These weekly scores will be then transferred onto a total points accumulation chart.

Example;

Results week 30.xls

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Faz said:

Still working on refining the spreadsheet using Libre office calc, but due to technical glitch (it thinks scores are dates) I've change the format to 'text'.

I've already made an example sheet of how the game will be played using fictitious scores and player predictions and how the results and scores will be marked. For a correct result you receive 10 points (highlighted yellow), but for a correct result and score you receive 40 points (highlighted green).

This will make it easier for players to check their point tally.

These weekly scores will be then transferred onto a total points accumulation chart.

Example;

Results week 30.xls 8.5 kB · 1 download

Good work, @Faz! The yellow and green highlighting works really well!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Good work, @Faz! The yellow and green highlighting works really well!

Yeah, I just though highlighting the members correct result (home, win, draw) for 10 points and the exact score predictions (10 + 30), made it easier for members to check their personal selections amongst all those variations of numbers.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

19 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

I'm in for the 1st game. 

Unfortunately the overwhelming majority prefer the second game.
That's not to say the first game is dead in the water.

There is already an existing game being played English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22 - Page 33 - Sports & Fitness - Thaiger Talk (thethaiger.com) run by @JohninDublin.
Not sure how he feels, but it may be possible to run game 1 with the existing LPS game if John feels up to it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Maybe USA style should be called Bigballs!

Or Tig, you do know what Tig is now doncha.😉

• Haha 1

Update;

I'll open a new thread over the weekend for the new game with rules and first week game fixtures.
The first game will commence Jan 15th, week 22 of the fixtures list as per: 
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/fixtures/22

The name of the competition will be known as 'Faz's Footie Fixture Forecasts'
Credits to @King Cotton for his input.

The game is easy to play. For each game week of fixtures just predict the correct result and score.
10 points if you get the result correct (home, win, draw) + 30 bonus points for correctly predicting the exact score of each fixture.

Rules:
1. Correctly selecting the fixture as home, away or a draw earns you 10 points.
2. Predicting the exact score of any fixture result earns you an extra 30 ‘bonus’ points.
3. You cannot change match predictions or scores after first submission.
4. Any postponed matches will be void and nil points awarded for that fixture.
5. Predictions to be submitted no later than 12 hours before the first game kick off time.
6. Failure to submit your prediction in time will result in a ‘default’ of being awarded 20 total points less than the lowest members score for that week, or ‘zero’ if a member scores less than 20 points.
7. Members joining the game later than the first round will be awarded 20 total points less than the lowest total score of existing members, or zero, if the lowest members total score is 20 or less, then allowed to proceed with submitting predictions for the remaining weekly games.
8. Members who fail to submit predictions for 3 consecutive weeks will be eliminated from the game for the remainder of the season.
Credits to @BigHewer for his input.

I've posted the above for your comments/questions before opening a new thread to start the game.

@JohninDublin
@Dedinbed
@Slacker77
@GMoney2312
@snapdragon
@Marble-eye

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 1/5/2022 at 1:20 PM, Faz said:

Unfortunately the overwhelming majority prefer the second game.
That's not to say the first game is dead in the water.

There is already an existing game being played English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22 - Page 33 - Sports & Fitness - Thaiger Talk (thethaiger.com) run by @JohninDublin.
Not sure how he feels, but it may be possible to run game 1 with the existing LPS game if John feels up to it.

I'll get back to you after the weekend if that's OK

• Like 2