60 days E Visa

tuktuk50000

Helloooooooo

What is the minimum amount of money needed in your bank account to get the E visa for 60 days  ( UK )

I finished work last year so I dont have income as such I had a lump sum in my bank account that I use currently at £4000

My question is  will a screenshot or a printout of my closing balance  this week be sufficient

Also I have a credit card with a balance of £3250

Secondly  If I travel using  the Thai Pass 30 days   then extend that for a further 30 days  is that still a second option ?

If I book a flight that is lets say  an example -  1st January to 1st March as a example   would that be accepted on the Thai Pass and at immigration  would they stamp my passport knowing that I will extend the visa in Bangkok Or would they ask me to change it to 30 days

Thank you in advance guys.

Yes, an image of your bank statement showing a balance is accepted, I just sent them a PDF. The amount is (in the US) $700 so you should be fine at £4K. Your credit card isn't relevant. The Thailand Pass and eVisa systems are two different animals. You need both but you get the visa from the eVisa system and the Thailand Pass from the Thailand Pass system. You don't "travel using  the Thai Pass". For a 60-day tourist visa or visa exempt entry you will need a return flight booked. But whether you can get your Thailand Pass under visa exempt assuming you get the extension will be up to the embassy staff. I'm guessing probably yes, but I've been wrong before.

£4,000 is sufficient funds for a Tourist Visa application.
Scan of bank statement in jpeg preferable.

3 hours ago, tuktuk50000 said:

Secondly  If I travel using  the Thai Pass 30 days   then extend that for a further 30 days  is that still a second option ?

If I book a flight that is lets say  an example -  1st January to 1st March as a example   would that be accepted on the Thai Pass and at immigration  would they stamp my passport knowing that I will extend the visa in Bangkok Or would they ask me to change it to 30 days

If you intended to enter Visa exempt, your flight would have to be 1st Jan - 30th Jan. (30 days)
You can extend that stay by 30 days, but would need to change the return flight date after entering Thailand.

13 minutes ago, Faz said:

£4,000 is sufficient funds for a Tourist Visa application.
Scan of bank statement in jpeg preferable.

If you intended to enter Visa exempt, your flight would have to be 1st Jan - 30th Jan. (30 days)
You can extend that stay by 30 days, but would need to change the return flight date after entering Thailand.

A VisaExempt or Tourist Visa entry requires an outbound-ticket on a date PRIOR to the permission to stay you would receive from Thai border immigration on entry.  So before booking a ticket of which you would have to change the return date (which might incur costs) it would be worthwhile to check the following options which might turn out to be cheaper and less hassle.

#1 - Simply book a cheap on-line one-way 'throw away' ticket from Thailand to a nearby international destination.  Prior to covid you could book one-way tickets on-line for as little as 1.000 THB (e.g. Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City), but might be a tad more expensive now.

#2 - Book an 'onward ticket' reservation just before the day of your flight.  Such a totally legit service will provide you with a genuine outward-bound ticket, which will be automatically cancelled after 24 to 72 hours (depending on the agency providing that service).  Such reservation costs only 10-12 US $

> Be aware that you would need to show that 'outbound ticket' (having the confirmation on your mobile suffices) at the moment of boarding your plane to Thailand.  And it is possible that you would also need to show it to border-immigration when entering Thailand (although they often don't ask for it as they know the airline has already required you to show it).

58 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

A VisaExempt or Tourist Visa entry requires an outbound-ticket on a date PRIOR to the permission to stay you would receive from Thai border immigration on entry.  So before booking a ticket of which you would have to change the return date (which might incur costs) it would be worthwhile to check the following options which might turn out to be cheaper and less hassle.

Many Thai Embassies will only accept a return ticket (not ticket out) to issue a TV.

When entering VE airlines also want a return ticket (not ticket out) in the case you were refused entry.
They don't to have to return you to your point of departure are their expense.

29 minutes ago, Faz said:

Many Thai Embassies will only accept a return ticket (not ticket out) to issue a TV.

When entering VE airlines also want a return ticket (not ticket out) in the case you were refused entry.
They don't to have to return you to your point of departure are their expense.

Hi @Faz

You are of course correct, that if your Thai Embassy only accepts a return-ticket with a return date before the permission to stay date of your Tourist Visa, that in that case you have no choice but to buy a return-ticket that allows changing return-date once you are in Thailand. 

And the same goes if your airline requires a return ticket with a return date within 30 days from a VisaExempt entry (but if you have a return ticket at a later date and a 'throw-away' outbound ticket/reservation, there should be no reason for them to refuse you boarding).

1 minute ago, BlueSphinx said:

And the same goes if your airline requires a return ticket with a return date within 30 days from a VisaExempt entry (but if you have a return ticket at a later date and a 'throw-away' outbound ticket/reservation, there should be no reason for them to refuse you boarding).

I disagree.
The airline are responsible for returning you to your point of departure if refused entry.
What good is a 'throw away' ticket for a future date if refused entry. 
Not that entry is often refused, but it's the airline taking the risk and you still need to return home at some point in time.

My advice would be to purchase a 30 day return ticket and if you intend to extend your stay, change the return flight date after you've entered Thailand. Many airlines are offering free changes, or purchase a flexi ticket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dicko said:

image.png.77db3303f6bd8d013ecbbf1285cab2cb.png

Confirmed.
You'll also have to meet any entry requirements for Vietnam and Cambodia.
The situation could have changed by February.

15 minutes ago, Faz said:

I disagree.
The airline are responsible for returning you to your point of departure if refused entry.
What good is a 'throw away' ticket for a future date if refused entry. 
Not that entry is often refused, but it's the airline taking the risk and you still need to return home at some point in time.

My advice would be to purchase a 30 day return ticket and if you intend to extend your stay, change the return flight date after you've entered Thailand. Many airlines are offering free changes, or purchase a flexi ticket.

I hear what you are saying, but if the airline does not allow you to board without a return ticket on a date prior to the permission to stay you would receive on entry, then what's the use of that Onward Flight reservation booking service?  It exists exactly for the reason that some border-immigration authorities - like Thailand - require an out-bound ticket on a date prior to the permission to stay you would receive on entry, even if you intend to apply for an extension and plan to return on a later date for which you bought the return ticket.

Of course if the airline provides free of charge changing of return-date, there is no issue and you can simply change the return-date once you are in Thailand in accordance with your travel-plans.  But some super-cheap tickets do not allow any changes, and in that case the above could be an option.

29 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

I hear what you are saying, but if the airline does not allow you to board without a return ticket on a date prior to the permission to stay you would receive on entry, then what's the use of that Onward Flight reservation booking service

An onward flight reservation with the same carrier is a different scenario.

You suggested a 'throw away' ticket.
The airline allows you to board with a one way ticket to enter Thailand because you produce a 'throw away' ticket within 30 days. Your refused entry to Thailand.
Your now stuck airside - what are you going to do?
At the end of the day the airline allowing you to board one way is responsible in that situation and quite entitled to insist on a return flight booking.