News Forum - CCSA admits some hotels are scamming Thailand Pass travellers

Thaiger

21 minutes ago, Stardust said:

It seems you never been in Thailand before when I read your question. And is amazing the people from outside of Thailand take their views from their homecountries and think it will be the same in Thailand. On the other hand they want to explain the people living in Thailand about Thailand when they have a critical and another view on realities in the country.

What makes you say that?

I think the old adage, " if it's too good to be true... It normally is."

is quite universal. 

I just went through the application process only 2 days ago. Did you?

For sure there are loads of SHA+ hotels on Agoda for under a thousand a night, but they don't mention anything about PCR or Airport pickup, or even food in some cases. But the T's and C's of Thailand Pass clearly state they have to be included and mentioned in the booking confirmation. 

So why would people book a hotel that doesn't have what is required??

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

What makes you say that?

is quite universal. 

For sure there are loads of SHA+ hotels on Agoda for under a thousand a night, but they don't mention anything about PCR or Airport pickup, or even food in some cases. But the T's and C's of Thailand Pass clearly state they have to be included and mentioned in the booking confirmation. 

Why would people take a health insurance where nothing is covered when they will need it?

Find the answer!

54 minutes ago, Stardust said:

It seems you never been in Thailand before when I read your question. And is amazing the people from outside of Thailand take their views from their homecountries and think it will be the same in Thailand. On the other hand they want to explain the people living in Thailand about Thailand when they have a critical and another view on realities in the country.

Aaaah. The you don't live here chestnut....😆😆😆 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Why would people take a health insurance where nothing is covered when they will need it?

Find the answer!

This thread is about the hotel booking, not insurance. 

But having said that. The insurance, however good or bad it is, is still a requirement for entry under Thailand Pass, just like PCR on arrival and airport pick up. 

So tick the boxes, pay for what you're supposed to get, whether you agree with it or not, and then no problem.

It's their rules. 

• Like 3

The PM Himself asked people in the Tourism business not to harm Thailand by scamming tourists now This scam has been highlighted will he take action or simply let it go. We can't even name them because we will be arrested. Tell them what they are. There not scamming there deliberately falsifying and deceiving tourists and Obtaining money by Deception. On returning to your home Country name and shame the Hotel you were Scammed at so we know who they are. If the Thai government will not admit this we will.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

This thread is about the hotel booking, not insurance. 

But having said that. The insurance, however good or bad it is, is still a requirement for entry under Thailand Pass, just like PCR on arrival and airport pick up. 

So tick the boxes, pay for what you're supposed to get, whether you agree with it or not, and then no problem.

It's their rules. 

Oh another one who would support any scam. By the way its not about the people who live here they are just aware what is happening. And talk not in you or their if you talking from tourists side or your side. You seems to think on this forum are only tourists or people not living in Thailand. Most are living here have Thaifamilies, Thaipassports etc.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Ok...time to name and shame! Nothing like a few choice words of truth on a facebook page when someone experiences this. Experience it...report it!

Not a good idea in Thailand you remember that guy on Tripadvisor? 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Find the answer!

Do you have any evidence that anyone has "take a health insurance where nothing is covered when they will need it?"

Any at all?

7 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Oh another one who would support any scam. By the way its not about the people who live here they are just aware what is happening. And talk not in you or their if you talking from tourists side or your side. You seems to think on this forum are only tourists or people not living in Thailand. Most are living here have Thaifamilies, Thaipassports etc.

I don't support any scam.

I support people reading the requirements of what they are applying for, and then not complaining.

You seem to presume an awful lot. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, yetanother said:

scamming foreigners seems quite natural to some thai ;

as one wise old thai told me: "thais cheat thais, you have no chance"

Doesn't happen in every country on this planet then ?

I think your comment was straight off the pages of the anti thai forum tbh

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Most are living here have Thaifamilies, Thaipassports etc

Most on this forum have Thai passports, etc?

I can think of maybe two, and I'm only sure of one!

46 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Yes ... the old 'I've got an encyclopedia so I must be better informed than you' chestnut 😂!

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

What makes you say that?

is quite universal. 

Exactly - if you've paid under a thousand baht or so and you're expecting to get an approved taxi from the airport to the hotel, a PCR test, and a night in the hotel for that you probably haven't put a lot of thought into things!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, farang said:

and still they wonder why no ones coming???im one of the  ones not willing to be caught in that scam.drop the crooked hotel and test crap and use the airport cheap test that gives results in 20 min to one hour.then you will see more bookings.i have also heard the 50,000 usd insurance is good only if it snows 2 feet deep in thailand on feb the 30th!!

What scam ? I still can't see one. So here's the scenario, Mr Foreigner phones/texts a hotel as part of an entry package but fails to ask if a PCR test or transport is provided, and on arrival is presented with an additional bill - so who's at fault here ? The hotel for not telling you something that you have not requested or confirmed is not included or Mr Foreigner who was too stupid to ask in the first place knowing it was integral to his trip ? Seriously some people need to take responsibility for themselves.

However just to debunk your second assumption, (which you heard from where ?) just this morning I used the AXA insurance for something in hospital that was not covid related whatsoever (but bought to get the Thailand Pass) so there's another assumption debunked ! will you now be spreading the word you've heard someone has actually used it successfully ? Sleep easy, stop worrying about unfounded rumours that have no basis in reality.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Most on this forum have Thai passports, etc?

I can think of maybe two, and I'm only sure of one!

Yes ... the old 'I've got an encyclopedia so I must be better informed than you' chestnut 😂!

Oh the ones who not even speak Thai and have not raised kids here and are farang but hates farang coming from the uk as claimed and on pension here is claiming now to have a Thaipassport. Oh we followed your comments and it is amazing how some forget what they were posting in the past. And amazing how debunk themself all the time and why many remember them with other names in the forum before or from other forums.

Just now, Stonker said:

Exactly - if you've paid under a thousand baht or so and you're expecting to get an approved taxi from the airport to the hotel, a PCR test, and a night in the hotel you probably haven't put a lot of thought into things!

I assume the  complainers were most likely trying to cut corners by going cheap and got caught.  The system shouldn't allow this but it did. Tough luck!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

They're everywhere, always makes me smile. I've met people that have been here a year and seem to have it pretty sussed, also met the 30 year people (who SO love boring the shit out of everyone with that fact) that would get fleeced buying a mango in a thai market and have to date been cleaned out by umpteen bar girls !

Longevity doesn't always buy knowledge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Oh the ones who not even speak Thai and have not raised kids here and are farang but hates farang coming from the uk as claimed and on pension here is claiming now to have a Thaipassport. Oh we followed your comments and it is amazing how some forget what they were posting in the past. And amazing how debunk themself all the time and why many remember them with other names in the forum before or from other forums.

I think you misunderstood my point!

..... and FWIW I've never suggested in any way that I have a Thai passport - what I did was question your claim that: 

41 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Most are living here have Thaifamilies, Thaipassports etc.

Maybe you meant something else, it's hard to tell, but that is the seriously bizarre claim you made!

As for the rest, from what I can understand and as others have said, you assume and "presume an awful lot" and none of it's correct or supported by any sort of reality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Your making no sense at all.  If your on the sauce you need to take a nap. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

They're everywhere, always makes me smile. I've met people that have been here a year and seem to have it pretty sussed, also met the 30 year people (who SO love boring the shit out of everyone with that fact) that would get fleeced buying a mango in a thai market and have to date been cleaned out by umpteen bar girls !

You must be only talking to the old gizzard drinking in Pattaya.  That not very representative of Thailand. 

19 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

You must be only talking to the old gizzard drinking in Pattaya.  That not very representative of Thailand. 

Only been to Pattaya once in 20 years - not a massive fan tbh. But trust me the "I've been here 20 years+" dullards are in every town emptying bars everywhere or trying to convince housing project owners that their duration in Thailand should give them some sort of elevated priority! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

We registrate your claim in the Isaan the vaccination is in the government hospitals sure you will not understand many things in Thailand as you not understand what is in the Thai media or social media. Same as you not understand that many here already realized what you not know!

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

How many children you raised in Thailand?! Pay the school and universities? Care for a family? How is your thai? And it is really amazing how they explain people from families with Thai as a native language or who rooted in both. This posters not even realize that most of the actors/actress or miss universe/ Thailand are half Farang! They not nothing about what the young generatiin of Thais are thinking not understand whats in the Thai media or social media but try to tell all whats going on or what the Thais thinks but not know anything about they worry. Comon you really think most not got it  what they really know!

32 minutes ago, Stardust said:

We registrate your claim in the Isaan the vaccination is in the government hospitals sujre you will not understand many things in Thailand as you not understand what is in the Thai media or social media. Same as you not understand that many here already realized what you not know!

58 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Way, way too much sauce - I can't even make a guess at that one 😕!

• Haha 2