Thailand Pass registration

Hi all, short update: I just applied again for my wife (Thai) and for me (German). We had already submitted one each on day 1 and also received a confirmation email. 

• Chrome browser, no CORS addon
  • for vaccination 1 on top the yellow vaccination book, copied together on one page A4 the front and back, below the inner page with the two vaccinations
  • below the EU confirmation with barcode of vaccination 1 as DIN A4
  • for vaccination 2 on top the certificate on which both vaccinations were noted with stickers
  • below again the EU confirmation with barcode, of course of vaccination 2
  • my health insurance as two DIN A4 pages side by side (Irfanview) saved as a JPG, thereby policy and confirmation of the coverage amount selected. 

Confirmation email of receipt came after successful run in each case in a minute, for me also 30 seconds later the QR code, so my Thai passport. With my wife so far nothing further (10 minutes ago).

2 hours ago, JRCOUSER said:

I need help so I am reaching out to all the Thailand Vloggers whom I follow and to other sources. I need travel medical insurance to meet the requirements of the Thailand Pass ($50K US which includes COVID coverage).  I have been told that there is an official list of providers of this insurance and I have been told that there is no list.  I have been told that the provider must be a Thai company and I have been told that it can be from any provider anywhere in the world.  I have been told to use AXA insurance company but they do not insure travelers over 75 years of age.  I’m 76.  If you can direct me to a place to get accurate, up to date, and complete information, I will be most thankful.

Hello, here is my experience, hopefully it helps you. I tried to explain to the consulate in January of this year (including a confirmation letter from the insurance company) that my unlimited insurance includes 100,000 USD. The result was that I ended up with Thai insurance. But maybe it works better in the meantime. 

Google "ASQ in th insurance". One of the first links mentions ASQ hotels in the heading. The page also shows insurance for your age, according to the text even with coverage of asymptotic costs (if you test positive, you go to the hospital regardless of how you feel; not all insurance companies pay that if you still feel tolerably well). All without guarantee on my part, of course, but I also found my insurance through this site (Axa doesn't take rheumatics either...).

5 hours ago, JohnT said:

AXA Thailand offer a one page certificate. You can get to it by clicking on the link from thaiembassy.com, first page. You'll probably need other insurance as well tho.

?? That insurance is enough John - it includes general cover of 3.5m, accident of I think 1m and personal liability of850k, then specified in 2 places covid insurance cover of 100k - given the price as well I think anyone would be crazy not to take this (I don't work for them honestly) but it's simplicity itself for far less money than many other people are reporting paying. (2,770)

3 hours ago, JohnT said:

Like lots of you I'm sure I've been digging into other sites on this. Nothing conclusive but I'm wondering if the lucky winners took the trouble to paste a jpg of the QR codes on their vax certs into boxes 2 and 4.

Two thoughts. The application website encourages you to do that, saying it will make things quicker. From the horse's mouth so to speak.

Second, layout. First thing they ask for is passport. Very logical: no point in the officer reading further if you're blacklisted anyway. Officer then turns to page 2, vax record. His computer scans the barcodes in boxes 2 and 4 and - this is the important point - receives instant confirmation _from the applicant's givernnent_ that the cert is legit.

That leaves the officer with hotel booked or not, and insurance bought or not. Secondary stuff.

What we may be dealing with here is a classic example of flow.

Disclaimer : I'm just speculating aloud here. All I know is that if I have to apply yet again, a crop of my vax cert will go straight in.

I think you're probably on the money to be honest. However mine came back in around 20 seconds, so no way could it have been received and manually checked in that time - however I think there is probably an automated process which follows the flow you describe and if it doesn't, it then gets sidelined for manual intervention thus the wait times others are talking about and the rapid approval times others get.

I got through today to the Thai Consulate in Chicago where I live.  They were very little help.  They could not tell me the average time it was taking to approve applications or even if "7 Days" means 7 calendar days or 7 business/working days.  But, they did tell me that the approval process entirely takes place in Thailand.  Nothing at all happens in their location.  I am not positive that this is accurate but the representative should have had no reason to fib to me.  Today will be my 3rd full business day in their hands since they sent me the successful application received email.  My first 3 were declined because of the J&J one shot error.  I fly Nov 10th at 7 PM Chicago time.  Very anxious.  Obviously.

42 minutes ago, Chuckwagon said:

But, they did tell me that the approval process entirely takes place in Thailand.  Nothing at all happens in their location.  I am not positive that this is accurate but the representative should have had no reason to fib to me.

The Thailand Pass is the brainchild of Thailand's Ministry of Foreigner Affairs who run and are responsible for the system. Nothing to do with the Thai Embassies.

all this paper work,back and forth with embassy,not knowing what works or not.its a crappy mess.hope its fixed or dropped soon.i think many are waiting until lots of these hoop jumpings are dropped.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Benroon said:

I think you're probably on the money to be honest. However mine came back in around 20 seconds, so no way could it have been received and manually checked in that time - however I think there is probably an automated process which follows the flow you describe and if it doesn't, it then gets sidelined for manual intervention thus the wait times others are talking about and the rapid approval times others get.

It seems that EU vax codes are instantly approved and others are likely put in the flagged folders?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chuckwagon said:

I got through today to the Thai Consulate in Chicago where I live.  They were very little help.  They could not tell me the average time it was taking to approve applications or even if "7 Days" means 7 calendar days or 7 business/working days.  But, they did tell me that the approval process entirely takes place in Thailand.  Nothing at all happens in their location.  I am not positive that this is accurate but the representative should have had no reason to fib to me.  Today will be my 3rd full business day in their hands since they sent me the successful application received email.  My first 3 were declined because of the J&J one shot error.  I fly Nov 10th at 7 PM Chicago time.  Very anxious.  Obviously.

Here in the UK the email states : 7 working days, and it seems safe to assume it's the same for everyone. Saturday may well count as a working day in Thailand. Good luck!

9 hours ago, Benroon said:

?? That insurance is enough John - it includes general cover of 3.5m, accident of I think 1m and personal liability of850k, then specified in 2 places covid insurance cover of 100k - given the price as well I think anyone would be crazy not to take this (I don't work for them honestly) but it's simplicity itself for far less money than many other people are reporting paying. (2,770)

Know where you're coming from on that and I thought long and hard about it. But I wanted cover for cancellation and delay of travel plus loss of baggage cover as well.

Plenty of people think insurance is a waste of money anyway, so it may depend on how you feel about that.

The great thing about the AXA cert is that it says expressly that it meets the basic requirements of the scheme. Also, it's just one page!

14 hours ago, Benroon said:

I would say no - as I and some others have got the approval instantly, by this I mean seconds, it is surely an automated process ? But then if it was why would they say allow 7 days ? - so until someone can clarify exactly what happens the 'other side' everyone has to guess !

My guess would be there is an automated check and there is a manual check. Those who get instant approval passed automated check, if you fail that then your document needs to go through manual check which could take up to 7 days. 

As for me I still haven't received my approval. I don't know if 7 working days is equal to 7 days in Thailand but worst case I could get my answer next week, and if it's a reject I will have trouble because I don't have 7 more days till my flight date

2 hours ago, danpeter said:

It seems that EU vax codes are instantly approved and others are likely put in the flagged folders?

Not in my case. Both me and my wife have EU vax codes. We applied day 1 EU time. She got her approval day 2. I'm on day 5 and still no approval.

What Do they want to see in the Field "Effective Date" for the insurance?
I have a policy Number and a period with sztarting and end date for the insurance.
but what is effective date ? issuance.. that would be some years ago.

And will they accept a Confirmation Document of HELSANA a swiss insurance Company? (in English)

Does anyone know how they handle cases with COVID recovery more than a year ago? My gf was tested positive with no symptoms, recognized as recovered in October 2020 and received one Pfizer/BioNTech shot in June 2021. They mention you should get it within 3 months after recovery, but back then the vaccine wasn’t even available. She has official EU certificates for both. In Germany it’s currently not even possible to get two vaccinations after recovery. Will this be an issue for the Thailand pass? 
Thanks.

ask your doctor for a booster shot before travelling,

maybe it depends on where you live in Germany, it is easier in some parts,

they will discussing booster shots next days much more

3 hours ago, Asperli said:

What Do they want to see in the Field "Effective Date" for the insurance?
I have a policy Number and a period with sztarting and end date for the insurance.
but what is effective date ? issuance.. that would be some years ago.

And will they accept a Confirmation Document of HELSANA a swiss insurance Company? (in English)

maybe your insurance is for max 56 day trip, like most here in Germany,
as I understand effective date is when you leave your country,

I did not apply for the pass already, but I may travel in December or January,
so I hope I can read more about insurance in this forum

7 hours ago, JohnT said:

Know where you're coming from on that and I thought long and hard about it. But I wanted cover for cancellation and delay of travel plus loss of baggage cover as well.

Plenty of people think insurance is a waste of money anyway, so it may depend on how you feel about that.

The great thing about the AXA cert is that it says expressly that it meets the basic requirements of the scheme. Also, it's just one page!

There were two options for AXA - the second one bring the additions you’ve specified - I think that edged it up to 4,000 or near that 

But yes the format of the letter sold it to me 

HOW TO GET QR CODE STRAIGHT AWAY. 

I have been trying non stop to apply for Thailand pass since the 1st of November with no avail. After the countless api error messages i managed to get the success notification and confirmation of application emails for my husband and I but thats it, no QR code. As we are travelling from Greece on November the 11th and need 2 days to get to Athens airport, we where cutting a fine line. I read today that if you have a European vaccination certificate ( which is one certificate with one bar code and only the date of the last vaccination) then here's what you need to do. 

1.in box for first vaccination add brand of vax, then date of first vax,upload vax certificate  and add barcode below. 

2. In second vaccination box, add brand of vax again, the date of second dose, then upload the same vaccination certificate and barcode you added in the first box. 

I tried this and presto!! Got both our QR codes straight away. I used my gmail email and my husband used his yahoo email if that accounts for anything. The site has been fixed now so add your passport and insurance numbers as normal without the spaces after. 

Thailand really need to have a better structure and guide, a hotline at least to help people with this pass if they want tourism . It is a stressful mess. I hope this helps. Good luck. 

• Like 1

Congratulations and have a wonderful holiday! But what you're saying is that we're all participating in a state - sponsored lottery, with half the MFA website redundant.

Has anybody actually managed to get past BKK Immigration yet using one of these scratchcard instant wins?

A plea to everyone : please post here once you reach your quarantine hotel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

Congratulations and have a wonderful holiday! But what you're saying is that we're all participating in a state - sponsored lottery, with half the MFA website redundant.

Has anybody actually managed to get past BKK Immigration yet using one of these scratchcard instant wins?

A plea to everyone : please post here once you reach your quarantine hotel.

Well actually yes, his name is Richard Barrow and he has a blog named "Richard Barrow in Thailand" , he has written a detailed essay of his encounter with Thailand pass and has just gotten out of his hotel quarentine in Bangkok.Definately worth a read and some of the comments below his posts are very informative too. As i totally agree that it is like a lottery! For people like myself that have only one vaccine certificate for both vaccines, This is the only way to apply to get an instant code. The problem is, is that there is nothing that explains this to you, its all very vague. The only way right now is to exchange information and ideas amongst each other. Trial & Error. Sorry if its not something that works for you or if your problem is different , But it is information that has helped me and many others in the same predicament as us so far.

To write once you have reached your quarantine hotel means you need to get your Thailand pass first, and without hearing little bits of information from others and their experiences , that might not be anytime soon. Thanks for the input. 

4 hours ago, Ja38 said:

I have been trying non stop to apply for Thailand pass since the 1st of November with no avail. After the countless api error messages i managed to get the success notification and confirmation of application emails for my husband and I but thats it, no QR code. As we are travelling from Greece on November the 11th and need 2 days to get to Athens airport, we where cutting a fine line. I read today that if you have a European vaccination certificate ( which is one certificate with one bar code and only the date of the last vaccination) then here's what you need to do. 

1.in box for first vaccination add brand of vax, then date of first vax,upload vax certificate  and add barcode below. 

2. In second vaccination box, add brand of vax again, the date of second dose, then upload the same vaccination certificate and barcode you added in the first box. 

I tried this and presto!! Got both our QR codes straight away. I used my gmail email and my husband used his yahoo email if that accounts for anything. The site has been fixed now so add your passport and insurance numbers as normal without the spaces after. 

Thailand really need to have a better structure and guide, a hotline at least to help people with this pass if they want tourism . It is a stressful mess. I hope this helps. Good luck. 

Thanks! This works wonder. How could I know that I need to input dos 2 QR into dos 1 field? I actually had my old dos 1 QR code but I guess it does not work any more, that's why I couldn't get the instant approval.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Linuyu said:

Thanks! This works wonder. How could I know that I need to input dos 2 QR into dos 1 field? I actually had my old dos 1 QR code but I guess it does not work any more, that's why I couldn't get the instant approval.

So Happy to hear this helped you too!! Alot of people are having the same problem, some have missed their flights  because of this, and there is absolutely nowhere other than comment sections that can give you this type of information. Enjoy your trip!! 

• Like 1

I heard this morning that Thailand Pass has recorded over 65,000 applications... and they are bragging about how they have given out 13,000 approvals!

well, what about the other 52,000 who have gotten vaccinated, paid their airfare, paid their insurance, paid their accommodation and more!.. and are at the mercy of this awful process.. not fair!

obviously I'm in that group waiting and am running out of time.. am I going to need to reschedule my flight, my AQ accommodation, and reapply for Thailand Pass?  what a ridiculous process.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ja38 said:

Tried this, even with different Email-accounts (*.de/*.com), nothing worked at all. My flight departs at 10th of November. Meanwhile I'm hopeless. My assumption(!): Depending of country of passport holder they filter, but no idea which criteria. Anyone here whos got a confirmation code not immediately but some days later?