Requirement for "Travel booking confirmation"

jrussell88

I'm hoping to return from the UK to Phuket at the start of November.

Ideally we'd return to the UK at the end of December or early January. In January we plan to visit France; if France or other EU countries have closed their borders to the UK then we'd delay our return and fly directly to France.

I thought an SETV or possibly METV would be suitable for this, however there's a requirement for a "Travel booking confirmation" which I haven't seen before.

Does anyone know what the acceptable minimum is for this?

I'd rather not buy a flight then find out I need to change it at the last minute because the Thai Embassy in London is processing slowly, or some other difficulty with my application. In which case I'd probably be better with Visa-exempt Entry and extend locally as needed. 

TIA

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jrussell88 said:

I thought an SETV or possibly METV would be suitable for this, however there's a requirement for a "Travel booking confirmation" which I haven't seen before.

The METV was suspended last year.
The SETV will grant a stay of 60 days and can be extended for a further 30 days = 90 days.

At the moment there is a change in new entry requirements effective Nov 1st.
I'd wait until these are clarified before trying to make any arrangements.

VE entry grants a stay of 30 days and can be extended for a further 30 days = 60.
60 day Covid extensions are also currently available.

• Like 2

I hadn't realised that METVs were suspended. FWIW the Thai eVisa site currently allows you to apply for an METV from the Thai Embassy in London. 

When you say there's a change on 1st November - that's about when I plan to travel as I'll only need to do 1 night SHA hotel. AFAIK these have already been published in terms of testing, insurance etc.

But other than a booked ticket, I'm not sure how to meet the requirement for a "Travel booking confirmation" which is required for both SETV and METV?

• Like 2

On 10/22/2021 at 7:16 PM, jrussell88 said:

I hadn't realised that METVs were suspended. FWIW the Thai eVisa site currently allows you to apply for an METV from the Thai Embassy in London. 

Tourists can apply for single entry tourist visa (single entry only for stay up to 60 days) and special tourist visa (for stay up to 90 days) at www.thaievisa.go.th Currently, the multiple entry tourist visa (6 months) are currently suspended and the Embassy is not allowed to issue it.

Requirements for foreigners travelling to Thailand during COVID-19 travel restriction and Requirements for the Phuket Sandbox from 1 October 2021 - Royal Thai Embassy, London

The METV has been replaced by the temporary STV (Special tourist Visa.

When you say there's a change on 1st November - that's about when I plan to travel as I'll only need to do 1 night SHA hotel. AFAIK these have already been published in terms of testing, insurance etc.

It's how you apply, the COE is being replaced by the Thailand Pass, which as of yet is not available.
I think they may have suspended COE applications, pending the introduction of the TP - no mans land.

But other than a booked ticket, I'm not sure how to meet the requirement for a "Travel booking confirmation" which is required for both SETV and METV?

Travel booking = confirmed return flight booking.

• Like 3

That's helpful thanks. 

I hadn't seen the news about the Thailand Pass; I don't want to have to change flights at the last minute if there are any visa holdups, so I'll enter under the Visa-exempt Entry and extend locally. 

• Like 1