English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

7 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

@ChaimaiNo urgent hurry, but you are the only remaining contender that hasn't made a pick for GW 10

Ooops.....not forgotten,,,just giving my selection the attention it deserves......🙂...thtanks for the nudge

WATFORD

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Ooops.....not forgotten,,,just giving my selection the attention it deserves......🙂...thtanks for the nudge

WATFORD

Sorted.

59 minutes ago, Andrew Reeve said:

Hi @JohninDubin

Would you mind if we take up Faz on his suggestion and change the title of the thread to Last Person standing, to be gender friendly.

I don't have a prob, but @BigHewer is the rule-keeper I can't see him objecting, in which case I will rename the next drop, "LPS".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Done. Last Person Standing it is...

Next edition of the league table will be amended to LPS on Sunday Evening.

• Like 1

Hi John,

With that round going on for so long and never seeming to end, a couple of suggestions.

1. The title is changed to 'Last person Standing'.

2. To prolong the competition each member has 3 lives.
All start with name in black print > when you lose a life blue print > when you lose a second life red print > line through name when your out.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Faz said:

Hi John,

With that round going on for so long and never seeming to end, a couple of suggestions.

1. The title is changed to 'Last person Standing'.

2. To prolong the competition each member has 3 lives.
All start with name in black print > when you lose a life blue print > when you lose a second life red print > line through name when your out.

As per usual, speak to @BigHewer about any rule changes. 

With regard to 1, that was done several days ago.

With regard to 2, that does cause me some problems insofar as I have to prepare 2 tables, and Libre is not as user friendly as Excel. I can probably work around that.

However, from my own point of view, that rather defeats the idea of both a seasonal league table and the awarding of bonus points. With regard to the latter in particular, you might have a player who would have been eliminated in the first week, winning a cycle. That seems to go against the whole ethos of the comp in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

As per usual, speak to @BigHewer about any rule changes. 

With regard to 1, that was done several days ago.

With regard to 2, that does cause me some problems insofar as I have to prepare 2 tables, and Libre is not as user friendly as Excel. I can probably work around that.

However, from my own point of view, that rather defeats the idea of both a seasonal league table and the awarding of bonus points. With regard to the latter in particular, you might have a player who would have been eliminated in the first week, winning a cycle. That seems to go against the whole ethos of the comp in my opinion.

A good suggestion by @Fazregarding  giving each player three lives to prolong the competition. I think it also encourages more adventurous picks. 

I’ve been thinking about this, too. Another member also PMd me with a suggestion. Here are a few options:

1. Maintain the current rules. 
2. 3 lives for each player

16 hours ago, Faz said:

3. As above, but just one “life” rather than three. 

4. Maintain the current system, but you can only nominate each winner and each loser once per cycle.

John is the one compiling all the data so would know best what’s easiest to work with. I don’t have any preference either way. @Slacker77has said he likes the ‘3 lives’ model. Any other comments from other members?

• Like 1