English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

14 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Un-flipping-believable 🤗!

But now, at the start of the next cycle, there are a few players with a whole bag of banker-bets in their lockers . . . things might get a little tense 🤔!

Well @JohninDublin and I thought 'Arsenal' was a bankers bet this week against Burnley, but nooooooooo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Faz said:

No, the 'Gooners' flopped against Burnley and lived up to their name of Arse***.

New game start next week.

I wrote when I picked them. "regrets incoming".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Un-flipping-believable 🤗!

But now, at the start of the next cycle, there are a few players with a whole bag of banker-bets in their lockers . . . things might get a little tense 🤔!

The "long-game" is often won by the best tacticians.

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Faz said:

Aston Villa please John.

37 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Villa for me too please John.

24 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Man City for me please John.⚽

Since 'twould be disingenuous to award you all 'Cools' and since I've become 'top dog' in LPS, I thought a nice 'Ha-ha' would be the best reaction . . . yeh?

And @JohninDublin, if you're still on planet earth, I'll put my W24 house on Palace, of the Crystal variety, that is 😏!

Cheers, All

KC

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Since 'twould be disingenuous to award you all 'Cools' and since I've become 'top dog' in LPS, I thought a nice 'Ha-ha' would be the best reaction . . . yeh?

Ha Ha Ha, you have fallen into our trap, we knew when we allowed you to lead the comp that complacently would get the better of you, pride always comes before a fall. 

BH did say to me at the time that you have as much chance of winning LPS as Shergar winning next year's Grand National.🤥

Only joking KC, after myself I cannot think of a more worthy winner.🏳️😂⚽

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Faz said:

I can .............ME! 😂

At least you only had 2 'strategic' postponements to help towards your joint-6th finish 😒 . . . not like others I could mention 🤫!

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

At least you only had 2 'strategic' postponements to help towards your joint-6th finish 😒 . . . not like others I could mention 🤫!

6th finish 🙀 ............... another 15 fixtures to go yet KC.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Faz said:

6th finish 🙀 ............... another 15 fixtures to go yet KC.

Oops! . . . jumping the gun, there, Faz! Joint 6th position I meant . . . of course 🙄!

Yes, plenty of ground to cover yet, but with 15 weeks played and with one player only having five clubs yet unused, it can't be long before another 20 club cycle will have to be commenced. I'll let you remind John, though, being the thoughtful person that I am 🙂.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

All selections are noted, but can I ask why the urgency? Next cycle is still 12 days away.

An efficient ship is a happy ship, and I love a fish and chip.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:
1 hour ago, JohninDublin said:

All selections are noted, but can I ask why the urgency? Next cycle is still 12 days away.

An efficient ship is a happy ship, and I love a fish and chip.

For the fish n' chip-like banter, John . . . what else? And having a few selections posted gives plenty more scope for that - like who on earth would put their money on Villa . . . just saying 🤣!

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

18 minutes ago, BigHewer said:
2 hours ago, King Cotton said:

it can't be long before another 20 club cycle will have to be commenced.

Ahem… 20 club cycle for whom? 

For everyone, I guess, once he who has only 5 unused clubs remaining has used them . . . and perhaps in as many further game-weeks. That would put us all on an even-keel-type restart point, regardless of the player point-scorings at that juncture. A VAR decision pending, maybe 🙂!

3 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

For everyone, I guess, once he who has only 5 unused clubs remaining has used them . . . and perhaps in as many further game-weeks.

Glad to know everyone else will be rooting for “him” then.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Glad to know everyone else will be rooting for “him” then.

That's the LPS spirit of kinship . . . to a tee 🤑 !

Either that or start a new 20-club cycle with every LPS award.