English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

11 hours ago, BigHewer said:

I’ll have a look tomorrow morning John, after tonight’s games.

What’s the issue with the crashing? Wifi perhaps? Ireland and Thailand have the same voltage for electrics or no?

I've just checked and voltages are the same. Clearly not that. The PC is just crashing several times a day and needs rebooting.

Another prob is that when I go to my email, it shows the latest post as having been received 2 years ago, but if (eg) I check for emails in the search box from my wife, I can see unread posts made yesterday. Put simply, if I don't know that someone has written to me recently, I can't search for the emails.

I'll PM my whatsapp to you, and if I disappear offline for 24 hours, I'd be grateful if yoi can stand in for me. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

I'll PM my whatsapp to you, and if I disappear offline for 24 hours, I'd be grateful if yoi can stand in for me. 

Good idea John. I’ll stand by 👍🏻

• Like 1

Just to clarify, the latest table is an amended one. I had mistakenly put myself through to the next round. The error was due to my beloved Spurs having had so many postponements, and I forgot that I had not selected Spurs.

• Haha 3

On 1/15/2022 at 1:34 AM, JohninDublin said:

Not sure if you are aware, but you blew out GW20 backing Chelsea?

cool .. I was distracted by the F A cup last week .. 

• Like 1

22 games down and Man City are disappearing over the horizon like a hare with a firework up its jacksie after dispensing with Chelsea yesterday putting them 13 points in front of the King's Rd lot .. Liverpool can move above them if they come out on top of the game with Brentford abit later .. Coutinho the cute scores on his debut for the Villa in their draw against the oh' so' perplexing Man Utd and Wolves savaged the Saints who look more like sinners in some games .. down in the basement a right old scrap is breaking out with Norwich singing like canaries after mugging Everton and almost certainly pointing Rafa to the exit if today's write up's are anything to go by .. all the while Newcastle managed to draw a game against Watford they should have won and the one point each they got out of it does neither any favours in both avoiding relegation .. Leeds are the team that could make the most out of it if the clobber West Ham later extending the gap t'wixt them and the condemned .. the late game of Spurs v Arsenal is postponed 'cos of covid reason's thus denying the opportunity of witnessing which manager can leap around like a madman the most when their side scores .. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spicy_girl said:

I am out… why Newcastle lost? 😫

They didn't lose, but they didn't win either.
I bet that husband of yours told you to pick Newcastle didn't he  😩

42 minutes ago, Faz said:

They didn't lose, but they didn't win either.
I bet that husband of yours told you to pick Newcastle didn't he  😩

Exactly,😖It was a con! 🤪

• Haha 5

No surprise given recent results that Rafa was shown the door at Everton earlier making it 7 manager's tintacked already this season and with a third of it left plenty of time to reach double figures .. 

It's been an interesting weekend. For the first time @BigHewerwill not make the final, while @King Cottonhas just set a record with his 5th straight winning pick. BH is still in the lead, but could be overtaken by KC next week.

Still in the game are the "tacticians" @JohninDublinand @Fazwho still have two of the "big 3" guns in their armoury. The comeback by @Fazis noteworthy because he had no points on the board after 9 rounds. Hope for @Andrew Reeveyet.

LPS (Autosaved) (1) (1).xlsx

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

. the late game of Spurs v Arsenal is postponed 'cos of covid reason's 

The game was actually postponed not so much because of CV, but because the Highbury Highwaymen had players injured, suspended and on African Cup commitments. Apparently there were just 3 players with sicknotes. Gary Neville in describing the postponement said it was no longer a question of Covid being the deciding factor, but whether teams could field their strongest teams.

Earlier, Spurs had been denied a postponement of a game with Leicester based on CV. The game was eventually postponed when Leicester also applied due to Covid,

The ghost of Henry Norris still hangs over Spurs dealings with the football authorities.

In case people are unaware of the obscure reference, it relates to the recommencement of the Football league in 1919 following WW1. Spurs had finished bottom of the1st Div and were due to be relegated when the league resumed. However, in the meantime it was decided to increase the league from 20 to 22, so relegation was cancelled. Arsenal had finished 6th in Div 2 the final season before the war, but lobbied the football league to hold an election Though it was never proved, there were huge suspicions of bribery surrounding Norris. Spurs were relegated and Arsenal promoted.

Was Norris corrupt? Years later he was disqualified for life when the FA discovered that he had pocketed £100 following the sale of the Arsenal team bus, as well as having his chauffeur listed as an Arsenal player so the club paid his wages, Apparently, the FA became suspicious when they could find no team pics with the driver present, with or without his uniform.

Spurs already had a far more illustrious illustrious history than Arsenal, whose only trophy till then was a regional reserves comp (1897). Spurs had become the first southern, and only non-league team ever to win the cup, as well as recording the first 100k gate in the 1901 Cup final.

Was the relegation merited? For years Arsenal struggled in Div 1. Spurs went on to win Div 2 with a record 70 pts, a record that was never beaten under the two points for a win system, and in their first season back in Div 1, they finished 3rd and won the FA Cup.

Arsenal fans love to lord it over Spurs with the greater number of trophies they have won, but when it is pointed out to them that their entire trophy cabinet has been tainted by Norris in 1919, and they have never obtained top flight status on merit, they don't want to talk about that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohninDublin said:

@JohninDublin understand your having problems with the PC. (crashing)
Above posted LPS xls sheet (corrupted) not updated with game 22 results.

I've updated to add results for game week 22 on your behalf.
LPS Week 22 results..xlsx 

@King Cotton @Faz @JohninDublin the only remaining players left standing for week 23 fixtures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Faz said:

@JohninDublin understand your having problems with the PC. (crashing)
Above posted LPS xls sheet (corrupted) not updated with game 22 results.

I've updated to add results for game week 22 on your behalf.
LPS Week 22 results..xlsx 

@King Cotton @Faz @JohninDublin the only remaining players left standing for week 23 fixtures.

Thank you very much. I still can't work out what the prob is. I've actually entered and corrected the sheet three times now and it still reverts to a previous version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

Gary Neville

Cool .. you were going great guns ( sorry to good to miss ) there John until you introduced Neville into it .. yea for sure there are justified mutterings about the Gooner's over the postponement of this game and I for one wanted it to go ahead with the hope I could then send some mocking messages to my Spurs mates but alas t'was not to be .. 

5 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

the FA discovered that he had pocketed £100 following the sale of the Arsenal team bus, as well as having his chauffeur listed as an Arsenal player so the club paid his wages,

Arfur Daley eat yer heart out .. 

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2022 at 10:23 AM, JohninDublin said:
On 1/17/2022 at 10:22 AM, JohninDublin said:

This one works. Thanks.

Hello, John! The LPS table, as above, appears not to have 'worked', still showing the Week 21 update, rather than the Week 22 update that Faz was able to perform, earlier.

With yourself, @Fazand me still in the game and maybe ready with our Week 23 selections, will you please have another 'bash' at updating your 'X' sheet, in order for the comp to progress?

Thanks in advance,

KC

18 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Hello, John! The LPS table, as above, appears not to have 'worked', still showing the Week 21 update, rather than the Week 22 update that Faz was able to perform, earlier.

With yourself, @Fazand me still in the game and maybe ready with our Week 23 selections, will you please have another 'bash' at updating your 'X' sheet, in order for the comp to progress?

Thanks in advance,

KC

LPS (Autosaved).xlsx

Thanks KC. I don't know what happened other than I might possibly have entered GW22 results twice. However, this looks good.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Thanks, John, now you've scored! 🤗

My selection for Week 23 is Chelsea.

Well if you can't score in TH.....?

Noted.

Previously the game has never exceeded more than 5 fixtures before being restarted.
This week 3 players remaining for the 6th consecutive fixture list.
Is this the week we could see one LPS winner, or could it go to a 7th round of fixtures.   🤔

• Like 1
  • Cool 2

51 minutes ago, Faz said:

Previously the game has never exceeded more than 5 fixtures before being restarted.
This week 3 players remaining for the 6th consecutive fixture list.
Is this the week we could see one LPS winner, or could it go to a 7th round of fixtures.   🤔

Nail-biting stuff, indeed, @Fazand @JohninDublin🙀

• Like 2