Jump to content

News Forum - Thailand to lift quarantine for vaccinated tourists from low-risk countries


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, LoongFred said:

What are you basing your estimate on. If it was from an article let us know so we can read it. If you are just dreaming it up you'd be better keeping it to yourself. There is to much said that isn't based on fact.

Friend, you are late to the game and all the evidence can be found on this forum if you were interested. However, we know you advocate the opposite side with no science at all. And as you can read from several other posters before you, it is undisputable that the situation would have been much worse without action.

Even just with common sense and analysis of what actually happened after measures were taken.

But if you don't agree or can't be bothered to read up (and apparently won't listen to what science presents anyway), why don't you stop shouting from the sidelines with silly claims and produce some evidence of your views yourself?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JamesR said:

They would suffer more if the society was open and the kids parents were dying from catching the virus.

You make it sound like the whole of Thailand is starving, it is not a fact.

 "The people who have lost their jobs and livelihoods and are now living and sleeping on the streets begging for food ."

I think you should say  "Some of the people who have lost their jobs and livelihoods and are now living and sleeping on the streets begging for food ."

  "The teenagers who were attending university and working part-time , have now found themselves stuck at home in isolation watching videos all day , which has had a detrimental effect on their health and development "

They would find it a lot more detrimental if their families were dying around them due to catching the virus plus if they are sitting at home just playing video games then they would anyway without the lockdowns, there is such a thing as the internet and books etc.

There would be a lot more people losing their jobs as factories, suppliers, hospitals were overrun with virus cases if there were no controls. 

You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

No, the kids Parents are under 45 years old (Yep, even the university attendees) and thus the virus wouldn't effect them, they probably wouldn't even know that they had it .

  Older people or people at risk, those with underlying health problems should take their own measures to avoid getting infected .

  Had their been no fatalities at all, then it may have been worth it , but millions have died anyway .

  BTW, I wasnt suggesting that everyone in Thailand is starving , I was referring to those that are going hungry, and when I mentioned staying at home watching videos , I did mean watching videos online .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Friend, you are late to the game and all the evidence can be found on this forum if you were interested. However, we know you advocate the opposite side with no science at all. And as you can read from several other posters before you, it is undisputable that the situation would have been much worse without action.

Even just with common sense and analysis of what actually happened after measures were taken.

But if you don't agree or can't be bothered to read up (and apparently won't listen to what science presents anyway), why don't you stop shouting from the sidelines with silly claims and produce some evidence of your views yourself?

You have overstepped the mark now due to your very logical reply above and the next reply from loong-fred will be personal insults as he has just done to me in another article, but I think it is funny.

The best thing to do it to laugh.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Fluke said:

No, the kids Parents are under 45 years old (Yep, even the university attendees) and thus the virus wouldn't effect them, they probably wouldn't even know that they had it .

  Older people or people at risk, those with underlying health problems should take their own measures to avoid getting infected .

  Had their been no fatalities at all, then it may have been worth it , but millions have died anyway .

  BTW, I wasnt suggesting that everyone in Thailand is starving , I was referring to those that are going hungry, and when I mentioned staying at home watching videos , I did mean watching videos online .

Of the current deaths in the UK at the moment the majority of people dying are unvaccinated teenagers, if they can die of it and they are then 45 year old unvaccinated people can too.

You need to look at facts and not at things you wish were true. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JamesR said:

You have overstepped the mark now due to your very logical reply above and the next reply from loong-fred will be personal insults as he has just done to me in another article, but I think it is funny.

The best thing to do it to laugh.

Thanks @JamesR, with a few others we've been laughing a while already. We just wondered why he didn't stick with the first four letters of his name? Probably taken already. Don't know about insults yet, but he's trigger happy with "sad" emoji's. Whatever makes him happy...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Of the current deaths in the UK at the moment the majority of people dying are unvaccinated teenagers, if they can die of it and they are then 45 year old unvaccinated people can too.

You need to look at facts and not at things you wish were true. 

Could you provide some evidence of that ?

I have done websearchs and nothing comes up to substantiate that claim 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Could you provide some evidence of that ?

I have done websearchs and nothing comes up to substantiate that claim 

Oops sorry, my mistake, I meant to write infections not deaths. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JamesR said:

You have overstepped the mark now due to your very logical reply above and the next reply from loong-fred will be personal insults as he has just done to me in another article, but I think it is funny.

The best thing to do it to laugh.

He is very trigger happy with the personal attacks.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Fluke said:

The virus will now become widespread , due to the lack of vaccinations and also vaccinations do not prevent you from acquiring the virus  , so the 18 month closures would have just delayed the onset .

   I am odff the opinion that the World should have just carried on as normal as all the closures have had a worse effect on peoples lives than the virus . 

   Had there been no casualties, then it may have been worth it , but millions have died anyway even with all the measures taken 

Just bizarre ! so no deaths was prevented by the measures taken from worldwide governments being led by the science ?

as for the closures have had a worse effect than the virus - have you ran the past the dead ones and their relatives ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JamesR said:

Oops sorry, my mistake, I meant to write infections not deaths. 

Very big mistake to make , like , it makes your claims to completely false.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Fluke said:

We will never know what would have happened if the World just carried on as normal .

OMG !! Are you on a wind up ?

The projections would have been the first thing every government did before putting a single penny into the research that led to the vaccines with particular emphasis on what it would do to their health systems, which was the driving force behind any vaccine development. You really think they splashed out trillions on drugs, near bankrupted their own economies for something that would only have taken out Auntie Ethel who was on her last legs anyway ?? Get real !

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Just bizarre ! so no deaths was prevented by the measures taken from worldwide governments being led by the science ?

as for the closures have had a worse effect than the virus - have you ran the past the dead ones and their relatives ?

Yes, some deaths were prevented of the elderly and vulnerably who would likely die soon anyway , at the huge cost to the younger fit generation   .

  Those older people had it easy when they were growing up , high employment with large salaries for the working people and council houses . 

    Took everything for themselves and left nothing for future generations , who struggle to survive these days .

  Themselves is all they care about 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Yes, some deaths were prevented of the elderly and vulnerably who would likely die soon anyway , at the huge cost to the younger fit generation   .

  Those older people had it easy when they were growing up , high employment with large salaries for the working people and council houses . 

    Took everything for themselves and left nothing for future generations , who struggle to survive these days .

  Themselves is all they care about 

at least you've confirmed you're on a wind up - its rare you get a straight answer on here so cheers for that.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

at least you've confirmed you're on a wind up - its rare you get a straight answer on here so cheers for that.

Do you mind me asking whether you are under 45 years old and have no other health issues and  therefore are unaffected by the virus , or are you a person whom is in the other group of people and may be affected by contracting the virus ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Benroon said:

at least you've confirmed you're on a wind up - its rare you get a straight answer on here so cheers for that.

BTW, it would be better if we could have a sensible discussion without making the "troll, liar, wind-up, trump supporter" accusations/suggestions, IMO  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Benroon said:

at least you've confirmed you're on a wind up - its rare you get a straight answer on here so cheers for that.

Except he is being serious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Very big mistake to make , like , it makes your claims to completely false.  

Do I have to go and sit on the naughty step now for ten minutes

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Covid is bad, but I'm so glad that stupidity isn't contageous 🤔

I'm not sure I agree with your assertion based on global happenings over the past six years or so.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

Covid is bad, but I'm so glad that stupidity isn't contageous 🤔

That's one of those comments where we should be allowed multiple votes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

Yes, some deaths were prevented of the elderly and vulnerably who would likely die soon anyway , at the huge cost to the younger fit generation   .

  Those older people had it easy when they were growing up , high employment with large salaries for the working people and council houses . 

    Took everything for themselves and left nothing for future generations , who struggle to survive these days .

  Themselves is all they care about 

I don't know what's happening to you Fluke but you appear to be losing the plot of late - take a lie down dude.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Do you mind me asking whether you are under 45 years old and have no other health issues and  therefore are unaffected by the virus , or are you a person whom is in the other group of people and may be affected by contracting the virus ?

I'm closer to the first but as the question is nonsensical it makes it impossible to answer it - EVERYONE is potentially affected by the virus but surely I don't need to point that out ?

You've gone all David Icke on us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Fluke said:

BTW, it would be better if we could have a sensible discussion without making the "troll, liar, wind-up, trump supporter" accusations/suggestions, IMO  

But if the cap fits .....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

Yes, some deaths were prevented of the elderly and vulnerably who would likely die soon anyway , at the huge cost to the younger fit generation   .

  Those older people had it easy when they were growing up , high employment with large salaries for the working people and council houses . 

    Took everything for themselves and left nothing for future generations , who struggle to survive these days .

  Themselves is all they care about 

I think you have a very strange view of history. The truth of the matter is that right wing govs gave huge tax cuts to the rich while at the same time telling that it was alright to give themselves multi-million pound bonuses and "no lose" share options, while most employees who enabled their enrichment, were getting a pittance for a pay rise. The rich were told, they "deserved it". What does that say about the just desserts for the poor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I'm closer to the first but as the question is nonsensical it makes it impossible to answer it - EVERYONE is potentially affected by the virus but surely I don't need to point that out ?

You've gone all David Icke on us

You completely missed my point .

My point was that if Thailand opens up now , considering the amount of vaccinations , less than 50 % of Thais have been fully vaccinated (and many of those have been vaccinated with the questionable Sino vaccine  ) if and when Thailand opens up again  , there will be a surge of infections due to half the Country not being inoculated . 

    Thailand will open up again soon and when the virus becomes rife again , the whole past 18 months of lock downs and restrictions would have been a complete waste of time  .

  Yes, the hi-sos, Politicians , Police, Army and students are all vaccinated , but its the majority of lo-so's Thais who are unvaccinated that will become infected in the future when Thailand opens up 

   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use