Time to build a house!

GMoney2312

2 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

If you really follow my You Tube Channels closely, you will find these nuggets of information!

Pice on UTube.png

Funny enough those are my exact thoughts 

I won't need a huge house when the time comes to build in the village

Just about the size of your build 

But want it to have a resort feel as well

One of my ideas though is I want to build a small stand alone guest house/farang cave 

Edited by Marc26
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GMoney2312 said:

The major Drone move I wanted was a bust...but I will have footage later today!

More aviation fuel on urgent order?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Let`s Fly Again!

Have you ever tried orbit? Or one of the other modes?

Just saying, DJIs doing a lot on their own, if you let 'em ;-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Have you ever tried orbit? Or one of the other modes?

Yes, I just pulled my head out of my ass and see that DJI has preprogrammed modes that do it all for you. I will try it out this morning! 

1 hour ago, GMoney2312 said:

Yes, I just pulled my head out of my ass and see that DJI has preprogrammed modes that do it all for you. I will try it out this morning! 

The quick shots will get you a start into the right direction.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Hey Drone Lovers! Turn on the Lava Lamps and enjoy the flight and cool tunes!

That's very good. the drone autopilot function appears to work well.
It's not called George is it, the same as in Airplane! (1980)?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

It's not called George is it, the same as in Airplane! (1980)?

Surely you must be kidding- and don`t call me Shirley!🤣

• Haha 1

Oh yeah, that are circles, round, the house stays in the middle, ....

Isn't that much better? 

Happy Clapping GIFWinter Olympics Applause GIF by SB Nation

Will the roof be on, the day you wanna unload the truck?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

sn't that much better? 

Yes, the Auto programs are amazing!

And the roof work and the truck showing up should collide at the same time. But this is Thailand! Shit Shows are right up my alley!🤣

29 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Thanks!

I have not tested how high it can go yet.

Max 500m it is, for all DJIs, telling you after 90m (in Thailand), that you are out of legal limits. 

But you have to set the height from the default setting up to 500 yourself. If not, you stuck at, I think, 120m

Oh, and it is windy, in higher regions

But only about max 500m over max 4000m start point height. In case someone from Tibet is asking

• Like 1

A tip for you Greg. 

Before the roof goes on, or at least b4 the ceiling install begins, get either 2 long lengths of C-section rafter steel OR a long aluminium ladder and place up in the ceiling space.  Whatever you choose should be long enough to span between rooms, across top of walls, or from ladder truss to truss.

That will provide you and others a means to access all parts of the roof space and in particular centre of rooms for access to wiring or to reposition ceiling insulation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

A tip for you Greg. 

Before the roof goes on, or at least b4 the ceiling install begins, get either 2 long lengths of C-section rafter steel OR a long aluminium ladder and place up in the ceiling space.  Whatever you choose should be long enough to span between rooms, across top of walls, or from ladder truss to truss.

That will provide you and others a means to access all parts of the roof space and in particular centre of rooms for access to wiring or to reposition ceiling insulation.

Since the ceiling is still hanging from the roof, in (hopefully) 60x60 cm  squares , you may be able to use the ladder one time in one direction. No space for turning a 3-4 m piece up there

On the other hand, the steals the ceiling is hanging from, are be able to carry the weight of a not to tall and really skinny local.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Since the ceiling is still hanging from the roof, in (hopefully) 60x60 cm  squares , you may be able to use the ladder one time in one direction. No space for turning a 3-4 m piece up there

On the other hand, the steals the ceiling is hanging from, are be able to carry the weight of a not to tall and really skinny local.

I can assure you there is no difficulty in moving 4 to 6m steel C-beams around.  I advised similar to others, one placed a single 6m long alum ladder in his roof space and swears by it.

The ceiling purlins are sufficient to support ceiling fans, or ac cassettes, that's about all.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

The ceiling purlins are sufficient to support ceiling fans, or ac cassettes, that's about all.

So you have never seen 3BB-boys doing the internet cable, then? I can assure you , before they make it complicated, they walk over there.

And still not sure, in a roof with that height, how to get a 4-6m something everywhere you wanna have it!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

So you have never seen 3BB-boys doing the internet cable, then? I can assure you , before they make it complicated, they walk over there.

And still not sure, in a roof with that height, how to get a 4-6m something everywhere you wanna have it!

haha, not our 3BB installers, they were all of 90kgs each!  No way I'd let anyone walk on the ceiling purlins.  I suspect you are thinking of the lower truss chords that your installers were walking on, approx 30cm above the actually ceiling steel.

My roof is lower overall than Gregs as we have 2 wings to the house which create less headroom yet I can manoeuvre 6m lengths with ease in between the wire hangers.  I even left a makeshift 4m ladder up there to access our TV antennae which I mounted inside the gable ends of the main 6m high roof.

Red arrows point to the purlins >

image.png.238d252a64bc55e1618e7c5bd6589fba.png

I stored excess 6m pvc blue pipe and yellow conduit up there as well.  Oh and, I installed 2 x LED fluoro-tube lights so I can light up most of the space when needed. 

• Like 1