Jump to content

Show me your Dish


spicy_girl
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, BainaiThai said:

Non stick pan, several tablespoons of water and low heat and cover.  The only way you can screw it up is boil off all the water...

I use a cast iron frying pan, the only downside is I need a block and tackle to lift it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I use a cast iron frying pan, the only downside is I need a block and tackle to lift it.

What I am suggesting is a shallow poach which will work in a cast iron pan.  Just make sure you cover the bottom of the pan with water and cover to create steam.  Loved my cast iron frying pan...IMO the best cooking pan for even heat..great on the stove top and in the oven.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today I am craving thai green mango salad. So I made this! Spicy and hot 🥵 

#ImissThailand#

6CCBFE96-407D-4200-824F-16340B76013F.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2022 at 5:07 PM, spicy_girl said:

Today I am craving thai green mango salad. So I made this! Spicy and hot 🥵 

#ImissThailand#

6CCBFE96-407D-4200-824F-16340B76013F.jpeg

I always get to enjoy the wife's somtam next day 🥵 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4CB0D91E-80DB-4B77-8339-B70033781E61.jpeg

That is a very good and tasty looking fried rice Spicy_Girl.  And fresh cooked Salmon too!   The lighting for this photo is spot on, very natural colouring.  👍

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

4CB0D91E-80DB-4B77-8339-B70033781E61.jpeg

That is a very good and tasty looking fried rice Spicy_Girl.  And fresh cooked Salmon too!   The lighting for this photo is spot on, very natural colouring.  👍

Thank you KaptainRob ☺️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Faraday said:

Vietnamese style Pork rolls.

20220216_192515.thumb.jpg.1393dd5c3be5edf1a84bc523ea652d1f.jpg

With lovely fresh home grown vegetables.

20220214_184818-2.thumb.jpg.bd84429f652a2623765dc43b319436ca.jpg

That flowers are too pretty to be eaten. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

That flowers are too pretty to be eaten. 

Anchan flowers, they also make very nice wine 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was hard to decide what’s for dinner today. And ended up with salmon with lemon butter mustard honey sauce. 

D26D0472-842A-4EFF-9FDF-4B11CD8191C0.jpeg

1DA65F74-8B7B-4C3B-A93C-FED31A374E9D.jpeg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Asparagus wrapped bacon and barbecue shrimp with horseradish sauce. I will post more foods today’s dinner ! 

B753A951-EC54-410F-84A6-6AB7C67FD809.jpeg

EBD8DD30-A3CD-4221-B91A-3C15855833C5.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Burritos 🌯  and margarita chicken

420A8EAB-9E47-4BF0-BB1A-C8367F90F24F.jpeg

A264FE91-4089-4052-8FD4-5A115B5ED8E1.jpeg

Have a heart, @spicy_girl , for those of us who've had a cooked lunch and only have cheese & onion sarnies to keep them going till bed e byes . . . looks delicious, though 😋!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you make your own Horseradish sauce?

Absolutely gorgeous stuff, especially on roast beef.

They have fresh horseradish in Villa Market here, & I considered making my own sauce, but at 400 baht, & not knowing if they were good or not, I didn't.

 

  • Like 1
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Faraday said:

Do you make your own Horseradish sauce?

Absolutely gorgeous stuff, especially on roast beef.

They have fresh horseradish in Villa Market here, & I considered making my own sauce, but at 400 baht, & not knowing if they were good or not, I didn't.

Thank you Faraday :)

To make the shrimp sauce, I used horseradish paste from a tube. 1 tbs or if you like it stronger taste you could put more… and mixed that with tomato ketchup, 1/2 tbs chili sauce(sriracha sauce) 1/2 tbs worcestershire sauce, lemon juice from half a lemon 🍋, splash of tabasco and salt to taste. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Thank you Faraday :)

To make the shrimp sauce, I used horseradish paste from a tube. 1 tbs or if you like it stronger taste you could put more… and mixed that with tomato ketchup, 1/2 tbs chili sauce(sriracha sauce) 1/2 tbs worcestershire sauce, lemon juice from half a lemon 🍋, splash of tabasco and salt to taste. 

We get Coleman’s horseradish sauce here at a store in CM. Lovely stuff. I do the mix as somewhat close to what you do to make shrimp cocktail sauce. I also make my own Tar Tar Sauce. Both that I make are in the end pretty much restaurant quality delicious as I can tell yours is the same for the shrimp cocktail sauce. I love to make a variety of sauces as they just highlights certain food so well. Your dish looks delicious. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

We get Coleman’s horseradish sauce here at a store in CM. Lovely stuff. I do the mix as somewhat close to what you do to make shrimp cocktail sauce. I also make my own Tar Tar Sauce. Both that I make are in the end pretty much restaurant quality delicious as I can tell yours is the same for the shrimp cocktail sauce. I love to make a variety of sauces as they just highlights certain food so well. Your dish looks delicious. 

Thank you. I like everything homemade. It’s always best! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Thank you. I like everything homemade. It’s always best! 

Yes in most food cases I definetely agree and is one reason I have a full oven with broiler in my house here in Chiang Mai. Now my 18 yr old daughter has taken a big interest in cooking all type of foods using spices and ingredients rather than just having the food come out plain. Can add desserts into what we/she is doing as well.. I will post some coming up soon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I might skip my dinner tonight. I made this from whatever was left in the fridge. Harami beef wrapped with lettuce (korean style), grilled corn with garlic butter, and japanese vegetable tofu. 

C39A0A49-53A3-4D2D-99E0-45468ECBE572.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2022 at 12:04 PM, spicy_girl said:

Harami beef wrapped with lettuce (korean style), grilled corn with garlic butter, and japanese vegetable tofu. 

I had not eaten tofu until my long stay in Bali when 'tempeh' was frequently served up in various forms.

Last week we tasted a deep fried Shan-style tofu at a local market and it was delicious - quite moist and went well with my wife's home-made tamarind sauce.  Picture below shows it served with nam prik >

image.png.3e5531d4a4a3255941f67c1f22f1b393.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use