News Forum - 2 dogs found dead in Pattaya, owner suspects poisoning

Thaiger

41 minutes ago, Kes said:

I don't think the parents of the dead or severely maimed children attacked by dogs would agree. 

Whatever killing any living creature is simple NOT ever a solution. If a person is bad educated and does not know better then stealing things, should we kill them...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Did the owner ever think of keeping the dogs contained within their yard instead of letting them roam?  I love dogs and would never favor positioning them but if you own a dog it is your responsibility to make sure they are safe and that they don't create a nuisance for other people.  We have one dog that a neighbor picked up on the street and after it grew up, they didn't want it anymore.  Now it roams the village both looking for food and defecating throughout the village.  

I have 4 cats, around me live 3 dogs 1 very big, yeah they bark some times, but that us a dog they do that, it does disturb me sometimes, but I am not going to make a big thing of it, the owner can not do anything about that, a dig I'd just a dig they suppose to bark once in a while. You can not educate a dog not to bark.. I can not educate my cats not to cry sometimes.. I only have educated them to stay around my house and use the toilet around my house..  and I learn them not to fight but run back home and so they do unless they trapped.. (but then I am there, 555)

• Like 1

The dogs ate something that had been left in a place where the dogs were obviously not allowed to go. If the dogs would have been kept on the owner's property they would not have had the opportunity to eat the poisoned meat. Surely it must be allowed to leave meatballs soaked in sweet, sweet coolant on any soi. Any dog walking around out there should be under the owner's supervision. On a leash. The dogs weren't actively poisoned. The stupid owner just put them in harm's way. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Paco said:

I have 4 cats, around me live 3 dogs 1 very big, yeah they bark some times, but that us a dog they do that, it does disturb me sometimes, but I am not going to make a big thing of it, the owner can not do anything about that, a dig I'd just a dig they suppose to bark once in a while. You can not educate a dog not to bark.. I can not educate my cats not to cry sometimes.. I only have educated them to stay around my house and use the toilet around my house..  and I learn them not to fight but run back home and so they do unless they trapped.. (but then I am there, 555)

Of course you can train a dog not to bark. What are you on about?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paco said:

. You can not educate a dog not to bark..

It is possible, i have 1 dog that used to bark at night, at other dogs outside our gate, or people walking past.

Now i bought a muzzle, she got the muzzle on every night for  a few months, now no muzzle, no barking.

If my dogs bark at night, that means danger, somebody up to no good, as recently happened, dogs kicked off, who ever was outside left, next morning wife gets a phone call, her uncles home about 120 meters away, had a few items stolen, they have no dogs, no lights, no security.

• Like 2

When I lived in Pattaya I did not like so many dogs on the street, and yes they do not do anything about it (like many things in pattaya) besides my veterinarian he catch them and operate them, but there are so many, hard to keep up. Also 1 of the reason I left there, I wanted a normal life and not having so many dogs around, and they always slept in my garden... I am happy I moved for many reasons to have a normal life in Thailand among more normal Thai people

14 minutes ago, Jouni said:

A pitbull + "...they did like to bark at strangers and were protective..." = I am ready to give a medal to the person who poisoned, and would like to share information about the cocktail; for scientific purposes of course...

The owner claims how they have not bitten anyone YET... 
If the owner cannot keep the dogs without disturbing the neighbourhood, then get rid of the beasts, or move somewhere else. The noise pollution is equal to other pollutiing, and a pitbull WILL bite eventually someone; hopefully the owner!

Well I can guess you never had a pet.... wait I got to throw up now

6 minutes ago, Sawarot said:

Of course you can train a dog not to bark. What are you on about?

You think that is good? Is the same to learn a person to not speak ever..sorry but a dog barks that is nature. Instead of continues only thinking about your self maybe look once at the benefits if having a dog around ( and does not even have to be your own dog) 

Edited by Paco
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Paco said:

Whatever killing any living creature is simple NOT ever a solution. If a person is bad educated and does not know better then stealing things, should we kill them...

So you're saying we can incarcerate the dogs?

The morality of this whole dogkilling issue is confusing. An owner is totally in his right to have his dog killed, euthanised, put down. Because the dog is his property. If he decides to set the dog free, just kicks it out of the house, then surely the dog becomes not just everyone's property but also everyone's concern? And everyone's responsibility? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

You think that is good? Is the same to learn a person to not speak ever..sorry but a dog barks that is nature. Instead of continues only thinking about your self maybe look once at the benefits if having a dog around ( and does not even have to be your own dog) 

I am surrounded by dogs and dog owners and there are literally NO benefits to that. None whatsoever.

• Like 1

Just now, Sawarot said:

I am surrounded by dogs and dog owners and there are literally NO benefits to that. None whatsoever.

Just wait until someone breaks in your home and comes out, you will be grateful to the dog that grab him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sawarot said:

So you're saying we can incarcerate the dogs?

The morality of this whole dogkilling issue is confusing. An owner is totally in his right to have his dog killed, euthanised, put down. Because the dog is his property. If he decides to set the dog free, just kicks it out of the house, then surely the dog becomes not just everyone's property but also everyone's concern? And everyone's responsibility? 

I can only say this...I do not call any animal someone's property.. for me animals have the same freedom and rights as myself

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Paco said:

Exactly 👍 

No it doesn't. Dogs can't judge intent. They're idiots. They will bark their stupid little heads off at anyone walking, running or riding a bike in their chosen territory. As if people who are exercising are the greatest threat on the planet. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sawarot said:

What a load of rubbish, surrounded by dogs, no benefit, you sure about that?

Please come visit me, then i can prove you wrong, lift your hand near me in my wheelchair, that is if you would dare, you would need hospital treatment afterwards.

I only started keeping dogs here after a neighbour was murdered 3 years ago, would not be without them now, fantastic security.

As i am typing this my male dog is lying just behind my chair, if anybody tried to touch me.... Wham, dog got him.

• Like 2

Either way I have my own opinion and others have theirs, but it seems to me most of the people that do not give a shit about an animals life, is because they never had a pet, and have no idea where they talking about, for me it pisses me off people thinking I decide over any animals fate..  and try to talk it good. But in the mean time they complaining about restrictions the government put in place.... I am out of this topic

Edited by Paco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Paco said:

Just wait until someone breaks in your home and comes out, you will be grateful to the dog that grab him

A Pitbull will not "grab" someone when it attacks. You're being very naïve about this idea of the dogs protecting the right people. Having dogs around me does not increase my level of protection any more than being surrounded by wolves, or cobras, or alligators, or leopards. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sawarot said:

A Pitbull will not "grab" someone when it attacks. You're being very naïve about this idea of the dogs protecting the right people. Having dogs around me does not increase my level of protection any more than being surrounded by wolves, or cobras, or alligators, or leopards. 

You are surely living in cloud cuckoo land, dogs do not increase your level of protection, boll##cks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sawarot said:

No forget a pitbull is created by the humans!!! It is not created by nature.. and humans have it in themselves to destroy everything 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

What a load of rubbish, surrounded by dogs, no benefit, you sure about that?

Please come visit me, then i can prove you wrong, lift your hand near me in my wheelchair, that is if you would dare, you would need hospital treatment afterwards.

I only started keeping dogs here after a neighbour was murdered 3 years ago, would not be without them now, fantastic security.

As i am typing this my male dog is lying just behind my chair, if anybody tried to touch me.... Wham, dog got him.

For some odd reason you seem to need and enjoy the power of these canine guards. Obviously they are of benefit to you. But neither you or your dogs would benefit me as your neighbour. And also obviously there are useful dogs, dogs that have a JOB other than being company or weapons. 

5 minutes ago, Sawarot said:

No it doesn't. Dogs can't judge intent. They're idiots. They will bark their stupid little heads off at anyone walking, running or riding a bike in their chosen territory. As if people who are exercising are the greatest threat on the planet. 

So same as you then .. because you moaning about your territory... 555

• Haha 3

That's the owners fault, not the dog's.

Yes. I like dogs. But not when they attack me. To many dog owners hwo can not take care there dogs.  And what about stray dogs?

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

You are surely living in cloud cuckoo land, dogs do not increase your level of protection, boll##cks.

Other people's dogs are not a protection for ME. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sawarot said:

For some odd reason you seem to need and enjoy the power of these canine guards. Obviously they are of benefit to you. But neither you or your dogs would benefit me as your neighbour. And also obviously there are useful dogs, dogs that have a JOB other than being company or weapons. 

Yes i do need and enjoy the power of my canine guards, if you knew my situation, you would possibly understand.

As a paraplegic unable to move unless in my chair, live here with only my wife, who sometimes is away over night with her job, which means i am stuck on my bed alone.

Now one time my wife was away over night, we had an intruder, who was trying the doors on our pickup, trying the kitchen door, storeroom door.

I only had 1 dog then, and the bar steward kicked my dog hard, she was only 7 months old at the time.

I called the police, was told not worry police come now, ha, that was nearly 3 years ago, still waiting for the police to turn up.

So yes my dogs are there as protection for me, and they do a damned good job of it.

• Like 2