5.7% of foreign residents in Thailand have received a dose of the Covid-19 vaccine

Thaiger

Around 5.7% of foreign residents in Thailand have been injected with at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine from March 12 to July 30, according to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. Out of the 280,075 foreign residents vaccinated, only 74,587 of them have received both doses of the vaccine. Only 20,903 foreign residents ages 60 and above, a priority group in the immunisation campaign, have received at least one dose of the vaccine. The average age the foreign residents vaccinated so far is about 38 years old and majority are from Myanmar. Some have questioned the low average […]

The post 5.7% of foreign residents in Thailand have received a dose of the Covid-19 vaccine appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Where is the Pfizer???  Thanks for nothing US Embassy!!

I’ve made 4 requests and gotten a appointment for AstraZeneca in Bangkok (2 hour drive).

I would interested to know what percentage of the 69.8 million people have fully vaccinated to date and what percentage have had their first dose?

1 minute ago, BeingFrank said:

I would interested to know what percentage of the 69.8 million people have fully vaccinated to date and what percentage have had their first dose?

Its in the news.

Every day.

Just look it up.

• Like 2

We’re in hiding up here in the rice patties , waiting for the Oct  M vacc .

That percentage should realize a big bump  from the Mvacc

1 hour ago, Step502 said:

I’ve made 4 requests and gotten a appointment for AstraZeneca in Bangkok (2 hour drive).

Think yourself lucky!

Sakon Nakhon province barely knows what a vaccine is, unless you're over 70 . . . or otherwise nearly dead.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Think yourself lucky!

Sakon Nakhon province barely knows what a vaccine is, unless you're over 70 . . . or otherwise nearly dead.

Ditto in Loei, @K C - no registrations for anyone for the last two months, Thai or foreigner, and now no allocation either!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Ditto in Loei, @K C - no registrations for anyone for the last two months, Thai or foreigner, and now no allocation either!

Yes, maybe, but Loei has all those big steep mountains for the vaccines to negotiate.

And, I read in another of your posts, yesterday, that you lived Ubon R way; the post when you mentioned your awareness of how Covid was impacting on not just your own village, but a couple of others, too . . . 'the end of the road' one rings a bell.

9 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Has anyone got an email already with the date of their vaccination? The one for which we registered last Sunday. 

Still waiting for one

I just registered for gov free  registration 60+ vaccine 5mins ago  for astra z  vaccine in  Khon Kaen success ok but is it free or pay it does not state anything. It say's free pre registration but does that mean free vaccine.

Screenshot 21.png

Screenshot 22.png

According to the numbers mentioned in this article, there are about 4,9-plus million foreign residents in this country. Most of those  residents are foreigners from surrounding countries, working for (lower then) minimum wages with no rights however. The minority of those foreign residents, normaly referred to as farang, also have no rights to speak off. The Thai government only allows both sub groups of foreign residents to stay in this country, because one way or the other, they generate money for them.

5,7 percent is still much lower then the current  percentage of Thai people who received at least one vaccination. And we all know, that this percentage number is nothing to be proud of.

So again it is sad to realise, this article is just another one in a long list of articles, confirming the total failure of this corrupt government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, stuhan said:

I just registered for gov free  registration 60+ vaccine 5mins ago  for astra z  vaccine in  Khon Kaen success ok but is it free or pay it does not state anything. It say's free pre registration but does that mean free vaccine.

Screenshot 21.png

Screenshot 22.png

thailandintervac is free vaccin.

• Thanks 1

I’m an Expatriat in the group of over 60 years old. Three times registered for vaccinated at Bang Sue Central Station. Got a confirmation email from the site but never the finally needed sms from BangSue. If you can’t show this sms you don’t get a vaccine. If you want to have more vaccinated people, improve your confirmation system!! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, javada88 said:

According to the numbers mentioned in this article, there are about 4,9-plus million foreign residents in this country. Most of those  residents are foreigners from surrounding countries, working for (lower then) minimum wages with no rights however. The minority of those foreign residents, normaly referred to as farang, also have no rights to speak off. The Thai government only allows both sub groups of foreign residents to stay in this country, because one way or the other, they generate money for them.

5,7 percent is still much lower then the current  percentage of Thai people who received at least one vaccination. And we all know, that this percentage number is nothing to be proud of.

So again it is sad to realise, this article is just another one in a long list of articles, confirming the total failure of this corrupt government.

Meanwhile Thai citizens can go to the Us and receive a free vaccine. Often showing their endeavor on YouTube. I wonder if these Thai youtubers will fight for the rights of foreigners in their home country?!?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

Meanwhile Thai citizens can go to the Us and receive a free vaccine. Often showing their endeavor on YouTube. I wonder if these Thai youtubers will fight for the rights of foreigners in their home country?!?

Do you really have to wonder that?  Really.

I don't.

35 minutes ago, Locronan said:

I’m an Expatriat in the group of over 60 years old. Three times registered for vaccinated at Bang Sue Central Station. Got a confirmation email from the site but never the finally needed sms from BangSue. If you can’t show this sms you don’t get a vaccine. If you want to have more vaccinated people, improve your confirmation system!! 

I have the same concern for Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. There was a small window opened up to get an appointment for an AZ shot. I received an appointment for 24 August, but no follow up SMS text. I'll show up regardless.

Another concern I have - if they try a bait-n-switch for Sinovac/Sinopharm vaccine, I'll politely refuse.

3 hours ago, HappyExpat said:

I have the same concern for Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. There was a small window opened up to get an appointment for an AZ shot. I received an appointment for 24 August, but no follow up SMS text. I'll show up regardless.

Another concern I have - if they try a bait-n-switch for Sinovac/Sinopharm vaccine, I'll politely refuse.

Picky.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, riclag said:

We’re in hiding up here in the rice patties , waiting for the Oct  M vacc .

I'm sure the expected arrival of the M vacc was moved to January

• Haha 1