Covid increases again

gummy

Thailand today reported 16,533 new covid 19 cases and a further 133 deaths in the last 24 hours. Guess 20,000 end of the week ?

I feel morally perplexed at the thought of wanting the covid rate to go up so the baht continues to depreciate... but I wouldn't wish this on anyone, it is just sad to see the absolute poverty of the locals.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TiT said:

I feel morally perplexed at the thought of wanting the covid rate to go up so the baht continues to depreciate... but I wouldn't wish this on anyone, it is just sad to see the absolute poverty of the locals.

For real a weaker bad might even attract tourism more.

Whats happening with locals & migrant workers is terrible.

3 hours ago, whitesnake said:

Don't be perplexed.... just hope it hits 60-70 baht to the GBP by Xmas!! It will at this rate!! GREAT NEWS FOR ANYONE WANTING TO CONVERT POUNDS OR US DOLLARS!!! 55555+++++++++++++++++++++ 

I would dearly love that to be correct but with the manipulation by those in charge as has been the case before it will be manipulated again as certain people must be protected against currency devaluations

8 hours ago, gummy said:

certain people must be protected against currency devaluations

You're assuming that *any* liquid holdings are in ฿...

Well still upwards as it was reported today, but was really yesterday in reality 17,669 new cases and 165 additional deaths. Looks like they are going to hit the 20,000 Saturday perhaps ?

Well still upwards as it was reported today, but was really yesterday in reality 17,669 new cases and 165 additional deaths. Looks like they are going to hit the 20,000 Saturday perhaps ?

Sheeeeeet

Wednesday, Aug. 4. COVID-19 figures for Chiang Mai Province
  • 49 new COVID-19 cases in Chiang Mai Province today - 19 local and 30 imported.
  • the total cases since April 5 is now 5,757
  • 4,893 now recovered (+48)
  • 31 dead (no change)
225736533_10157941486166669_696561490852

Just now, KaptainRob said:
Wednesday, Aug. 4. COVID-19 figures for Chiang Mai Province
  • 49 new COVID-19 cases in Chiang Mai Province today - 19 local and 30 imported.
  • the total cases since April 5 is now 5,757
  • 4,893 now recovered (+48)
  • 31 dead (no change)
225736533_10157941486166669_696561490852

The above stats show on average, 50% imported cases, mainly from Bangkok and southern provinces.  Today's imported case numbers are most likely those patients who've been repatriated into local hospitals from other regions.