Jump to content

Surat Thani announces new Covid-19 measures for Samui Plus


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Less than 10 days after the less-than-thrilling Samui Plus reopening that saw just 31 international arrivals to Samui (with 2 to Koh Phangan and 1 to Koh Tao) so far and 110 people from the Phuket Sandbox, Surat Thani province in which the islands reside has announced immediate Covid-19 measures to curb the spread of the virus. The announcement today applies to foreigners as well as Thai nationals and applies new procedures for arriving on the islands, and more restrictions for businesses on the islands. The Governor of Surat Thani Province signed the provincial order yesterday in an attempt to […]

The post Surat Thani announces new Covid-19 measures for Samui Plus appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So what about the people that are not in the sandbox but have just completed the mandatory 14 day quarantine, we've just been through all that once and all negative tests and documentation to prove it and paid thousands of dollars for the privilege, surely there must be some common sense approach applied here, this is just ridiculous, not once have a seen anything for tourists like myself who has met all the mandated quarantine hurdles. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, waverunner_69 said:

So what about the people that are not in the sandbox but have just completed the mandatory 14 day quarantine, we've just been through all that once and all negative tests and documentation to prove it and paid thousands of dollars for the privilege, surely there must be some common sense approach applied here, this is just ridiculous, not once have a seen anything for tourists like myself who has met all the mandated quarantine hurdles. 

Don't go to Samui?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, waverunner_69 said:

So what about the people that are not in the sandbox but have just completed the mandatory 14 day quarantine, we've just been through all that once and all negative tests and documentation to prove it and paid thousands of dollars for the privilege, surely there must be some common sense approach applied here, this is just ridiculous, not once have a seen anything for tourists like myself who has met all the mandated quarantine hurdles. 

welcome to thailand {sorry}; 

that , to us living here, is not uncommon ; "thai logic";

but i really Am sorry

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

 on arrival, officials can apply testing or quarantine as needed.

Wow! That's a new one. So your liberty is now at the whim of some official, even after you've jumped through all the hoops to actually arrive on Samui.

Anyone crazy enough to submit themselves to all this just for a few weeks holiday really deserves all they get. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

Wow! That's a new one. So your liberty is now at the whim of some official, even after you've jumped through all the hoops to actually arrive on Samui.

Anyone crazy enough to submit themselves to all this just for a few weeks holiday really deserves all they get. 

Yep its getting like the movie for those psychos "The Purge"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Martin said:

Wow! That's a new one. So your liberty is now at the whim of some official, even after you've jumped through all the hoops to actually arrive on Samui.

Anyone crazy enough to submit themselves to all this just for a few weeks holiday really deserves all they get. 

Suggest your comments are a little unfair "deserve all they get" without even knowing the reason why we had to come to Thailand, believe me I wouldn't have if there was any other choice, no way not a chance! Being here is a nightmare. 

11 minutes ago, Martin said:

Wow! That's a new one. So your liberty is now at the whim of some official, even after you've jumped through all the hoops to actually arrive on Samui.

Anyone crazy enough to submit themselves to all this just for a few weeks holiday really deserves all they 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, waverunner_69 said:

Suggest your comments are a little unfair "deserve all they get" without even knowing the reason why we had to come to Thailand, believe me I wouldn't have if there was any other choice, no way not a chance! Being here is a nightmare. 

Yes, i fully accept some will have to come for business, family or other essential reasons. I'm one of them!

I was remarking on those who would submit themselves to all the risk just for a few weeks holiday. Holidays at this particular time are fraught with all kinds of risk. Add in some of the more ridiculous Samui rules and you'd need to be absolutely desperate to risk a holiday there. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

for few weeks, only one I think positive whom came from a red province, then for few weeks restaurants could reopen and serve required alcohols to their enjoyed guests and that was much increasing their occcupation back to almost normal. Now do I understand that I have to drink again a nasty chemical coke with my nice food  again ?

Forget it, I will order Food panda at home, government wants to kill all restaurants, go for that on top of the rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Martin said:

Wow! That's a new one. So your liberty is now at the whim of some official, even after you've jumped through all the hoops to actually arrive on Samui.

Anyone crazy enough to submit themselves to all this just for a few weeks holiday really deserves all they get. 

Not surprising. This is valid every time you show up at border's immigration. Entry is at the discretion of the officer that is checking your passport. 

Edited by uanmak
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, waverunner_69 said:

Suggest your comments are a little unfair "deserve all they get" without even knowing the reason why we had to come to Thailand, believe me I wouldn't have if there was any other choice, no way not a chance! Being here is a nightmare. 

Sorry to hear of your problems, hope the get resolved. Once again it just shows that none of the arrivals are genuine tourists. I’d go so far as to say none of the arrivals for the Phuket sandbox are genuine tourists. They are all, either returning Thais or expats looking to find an alternative to Bangkok quarantine. 
The attached picture looks like it was taken at Phuket arrivals. Of the 7 people you can make out arriving, 6 look Thai and 1 is and expat or long term visitor excited about seeing his Teerak. I may be wrong, but if a single genuine tourists with mum and dad and two kids arrived with beach towels, they would be all over the Thai media. They just aren’t coming and who can blame them.  
 

After a while, you do get bored of the BS that’s pedalled….

90882164-E816-42FE-ABC5-86C973B41368.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there, the most important question for me is nowhere answered. After the 7 days in phuket and then fly to koh samui, must I stay the remaining 7 days in a SHA+ Hotel, or can I chose other accomodations? I did not find one articel explaining this. I am happy for every information :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

----> " In fact, gatherings over 50 people being forbidden and trainings, meetings, and similar being restricted to 70% capacity, not to exceed 100 people

Events are limited to 50 people,."<-----

 

So , up to 50 people at a time are allowed to be exposed to potential risks of becoming infected ...? but more than 50 , not ?

That will not significantly reduce the spread of the virus .

 

----> " and similar being restricted to 70% capacity " <----

 

That means , instead of 100% , they allow only 70% ...?

Half - hearted measures that will not really reduce the risk of becoming infected .

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

Sorry to hear of your problems, hope the get resolved. Once again it just shows that none of the arrivals are genuine tourists. I’d go so far as to say none of the arrivals for the Phuket sandbox are genuine tourists. They are all, either returning Thais or expats looking to find an alternative to Bangkok quarantine. 
The attached picture looks like it was taken at Phuket arrivals. Of the 7 people you can make out arriving, 6 look Thai and 1 is and expat or long term visitor excited about seeing his Teerak. I may be wrong, but if a single genuine tourists with mum and dad and two kids arrived with beach towels, they would be all over the Thai media. They just aren’t coming and who can blame them.  
 

After a while, you do get bored of the BS that’s pedalled….

90882164-E816-42FE-ABC5-86C973B41368.jpeg

Certainly not a good pic for going in the foreigners favor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The honest truth is that Phuket and Samui plans are not suitable for tourists wanting to come for a holiday and then return home. Best to wait until next year and see what the situation is then when hopefully the vaccination programme will be well advanced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use