Jump to content

Hua Hin Very Busy on a Friday Night


NCC1701A
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Just got back home from dinner here in Hua Hin. The restaurant which has a large seating capacity was almost completely full. 

Party of eight at one table having a good time. Mostly Farangs of all ages with their Thai partners at the other tables. 

If the waiters were not wearing masks you would think it was high season 2018.  

I saw this repeated at a few other restaurants as I rode around. a new middle east food restaurant just opened on Soi 94 just East of the railroad tracks. Nice interior, looks like a serious place. They are brave to open now. 

On the other hand all the bars are (for the most part) still closed. Massage is open. Have not been near Bintabaht (our local retirement home) for a long time. Panama, Ibiza, Cat Club, Polo Club all closed which is a really bad feeling. I don't drink, it's just weird to know everyone is gone. Soi 80 closed except for the one bar that never closes but is not really open and has a group of forlorn looking women sitting around on the floor. 

My gym is still open. Lets see how long that lasts. Not that I go there much. 

I saw cat run across the street.  

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the other hand Prachuap is like a morgue Although its never been know for its decadent nightlife after 7,30pm

Also the up market (ish) hotels in klong wan home of the Bangkok weekenders is deserted

Lets hope for better days all round

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the beer bar scene is just dead in the water, those days are done.  There will be a few successful ones going forward, but no way will we see a return to hundreds of them lining the streets.  A lot of expats around Thailand are leaving and Western tourism to Thailand in the future is going to be significantly diminished, they're definitely going to reopen targeting primarily the Chinese and Indians to get masses of people back in as quickly as possible.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Just got back home from dinner here in Hua Hin. The restaurant which has a large seating capacity was almost completely full. 

Party of eight at one table having a good time. Mostly Farangs of all ages with their Thai partners at the other tables. 

If the waiters were not wearing masks you would think it was high season 2018.  

I saw this repeated at a few other restaurants as I rode around. a new middle east food restaurant just opened on Soi 94 just East of the railroad tracks. Nice interior, looks like a serious place. They are brave to open now. 

On the other hand all the bars are (for the most part) still closed. Massage is open. Have not been near Bintabaht (our local retirement home) for a long time. Panama, Ibiza, Cat Club, Polo Club all closed which is a really bad feeling. I don't drink, it's just weird to know everyone is gone. Soi 80 closed except for the one bar that never closes but is not really open and has a group of forlorn looking women sitting around on the floor. 

My gym is still open. Lets see how long that lasts. Not that I go there much. 

I saw cat run across the street.  

"I saw cat run across the street"

Always on the look out for a little pussy

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 11:15 PM, poohy said:

On the other hand Prachuap is like a morgue Although its never been know for its decadent nightlife after 7,30pm

Also the up market (ish) hotels in klong wan home of the Bangkok weekenders is deserted

Lets hope for better days all round

Just for future reference (for a friend), how decadent was it before 7:30?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 11:22 PM, TiT said:

I think the beer bar scene is just dead in the water, those days are done.  There will be a few successful ones going forward, but no way will we see a return to hundreds of them lining the streets.  A lot of expats around Thailand are leaving and Western tourism to Thailand in the future is going to be significantly diminished, they're definitely going to reopen targeting primarily the Chinese and Indians to get masses of people back in as quickly as possible.

In Pattaya a few years ago, it seemed that most of these bb's were more like waxworks way before C19. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Fester said:

Just for future reference (for a friend), how decadent was it before 7:30?

If you are looking for decadent at any time of day or night ,believe me Prachuap is not for you

Edited by poohy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

Just be careful if you are in Patttaya Covid 69 has been reported.

But the good news is you don't have to isolate, rather keep your mouth covered at all times

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 11:22 PM, TiT said:

I think the beer bar scene is just dead in the water, those days are done.  There will be a few successful ones going forward, but no way will we see a return to hundreds of them lining the streets.  A lot of expats around Thailand are leaving and Western tourism to Thailand in the future is going to be significantly diminished, they're definitely going to reopen targeting primarily the Chinese and Indians to get masses of people back in as quickly as possible.

If I had a baht for every time I’ve heard this! 
 

Of course they will be back and in their hundreds as before, as it sure beats the hell out of working in the rice fields! 
 

Plus of course the world has a sizeable sexpest population with an oil service seriously overdue ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Benroon said:

If I had a baht for every time I’ve heard this! 

The game has changed.  Beer bars aren't needed to facilitate oil changes, all that is done online now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TiT said:

The game has changed.  Beer bars aren't needed to facilitate oil changes, all that is done online 

But the married guys still need the short time room !

Don’t fret, the bars aren’t going anywhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 2:06 PM, poohy said:

If you are looking for decadent at any time of day or night ,believe me Prachuap is not for you

PKK is my kinda town....love living here....Five trips to HH a year...one for immigration and four for hospital service not available in PKK.  Enjoying my trips to HH this last year staying in 5 star hotels <1500 baht/night.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BainaiThai said:

PKK is my kinda town....love living here....Five trips to HH a year...one for immigration and four for hospital service not available in PKK.  Enjoying my trips to HH this last year staying in 5 star hotels <1500 baht/night.

Live just south past klong wan in sticks .. towns pleasant cheap nice for evening beers on wall shopping ok Hua hin is an escape for real food shopping . .many worse places but can be a bit like waiting for god!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use