Rishi Sunak Wants To Deport Foreigners....

Faraday

"Rishi Sunak has unveiled another new policy in the battle between the Conservative leadership candidates to be tougher on immigration, promising that as prime minister he would double the number of overseas offenders who are deported each year."

3191.thumb.jpg.7c6b1088f0f1984b68265905efc53d7a.jpg

Lovin' the picture...eh? 🤓

Get rid of 'em I say. Send 'em back....🤣

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/28/rishi-sunak-pledges-to-double-number-of-foreign-offenders-deported

"In a plan immediately criticised by his rival Liz Truss’s camp as unworkable, the former chancellor said he would change the deportation rules so that overseas nationals convicted even of relatively minor crimes such as shoplifting could be deported."

19 minutes ago, Faraday said:

"Rishi Sunak has unveiled another new policy in the battle between the Conservative leadership candidates to be tougher on immigration, promising that as prime minister he would double the number of overseas offenders who are deported each year."

3191.thumb.jpg.7c6b1088f0f1984b68265905efc53d7a.jpg

Lovin' the picture...eh? 🤓

Get rid of 'em I say. Send 'em back....🤣

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/28/rishi-sunak-pledges-to-double-number-of-foreign-offenders-deported

"In a plan immediately criticised by his rival Liz Truss’s camp as unworkable, the former chancellor said he would change the deportation rules so that overseas nationals convicted even of relatively minor crimes such as shoplifting could be deported."

'he would double the number of overseas offenders who are deported each year.'

Double the number - where will he send them both - Australia?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DesperateOldHand said:

Historied blowback by way of an extended and brutal empire.

Kharma.

Deserved.

Ring a ding, the 1960's called and would like its worn out  political sloganeering back.

The British Empire had its faults but 50+ years have passed since its dismantling and it's legacy of good  government, independent judiciary, free press, etc. is on display in nations where the local population were able to handle independence. Examples are Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Antigua & Barbuda, Tonga, Tuvalu. What the UK suffers from now is an influx of economic parasites. Hundreds of thousands of legitimate immigrants follow the rules  and are waiting patiently around the world, while mobs of law breakers jump the line. This is nothing  about "kharma" or "deserved" retribution.  It's all about protecting the law abiding decent immigrants who respect the rules.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DesperateOldHand said:

Kharma.

Deserved.

It's all not karma.

In 1972 Idi Amin expelled from Uganda 50,000 'British Asians'.
30,000 moved to the UK, the rest emigrated to other commonwealth countries.

They were mostly from the Indian subcontinent and born in the country [Uganda]. They were able to relocate due to the fact they had British passports from the time of British Indian rule.
It wasn't only 'brutal', they were given British passports.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idi_Amin#Persecution_of_ethnic_and_political_groups 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DesperateOldHand said:

Kharma.

Deserved.

Everyone was brutal then. The heroic British and other fallen at Waterloo were famously disinterred as skeletons, the bones shipped to England and ground into bonemeal fertilizer. 

Many nations carry the shame of appalling ongoing human rights records, a significant number of which are former colonies, which one's yours?

• Like 3

On 7/28/2022 at 7:55 PM, Venusianhart said:

Everyone was brutal then. The heroic British and other fallen at Waterloo were famously disinterred as skeletons, the bones shipped to England and ground into bonemeal fertilizer. 

Many nations carry the shame of appalling ongoing human rights records, a significant number of which are former colonies, which one's yours?

When in doubt, use the old whataboutism saving face card.

1 minute ago, DesperateOldHand said:

When in doubt, use the old whataboutism saving face card.

So why not tell him where you are from then we will criticise you for something that might have happened 300 years ago.

• Like 3

On 7/29/2022 at 3:08 AM, Vigo said:

What the UK suffers from now is an influx of economic parasites. Hundreds of thousands of legitimate immigrants follow the rules  and are waiting patiently around the world, while mobs of law breakers jump the line.

I think you are conflating the terms "immigrant" and "refugee"? Not sure what you mean.

...and how does this relate to "oversea offenders" who may be deported for shoplifting in future, as per the topic?

• Like 1

Dog whistle politicking. As a Conservative Party member, I get a say in what happens next. I won't be supporting either of these candidates.

5 hours ago, lspab said:

Dog whistle politicking. As a Conservative Party member, I get a say in what happens next. I won't be supporting either of these candidates.

I tend to agree, but one of them will get in, won't Truss be the least worst option of the two. She does seem quite popular amongst the Tory members though, would that be a fair comment? 

Who would have been your choice Ispab. 

5 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

I tend to agree, but one of them will get in, won't Truss be the least worst option of the two. She does seem quite popular amongst the Tory members though, would that be a fair comment? 

Who would have been your choice Ispab. 

Truss for me would be the worst option for the Country. She's been a poor Foreign Secretary at a time when we needed someone to step up to the plate. She has done a poor job of representing the interests of Britons who have found themselves in difficulties overseas (some reports suggesting the Britons in DPR hands were executed by firing squad some days ago). We are on the possible brink of WW3, and our top diplomat, Truss, has been parading the stage appealing to a Party Membership that she is best suited to win the next General Election. If we are not careful, there won't be a General Election.

My choice was never a candidate in this contest.

The reasons why Boris Johnson has resigned differ from previous leaders of the Conservative Party.

May  resigned due to her policies being unpoopular among the Party memberships (loss of confidence from 70 Associations).

Cameron went because he couldn't enact a policy he didn't believe in. 

Major, Hague, Duncan-Smith all went after failing to win General Elections (national rejection of their policies).

Thatcher resigned due to unpopular policies (to the extent  of civil unrest) and a loss of confidence among MPs.

Johnson's loss of confidence among MPs were due to a combination of personal behaviour, covering up for an alleged sexual offender, lying to Parliament and contacts with a former KGB officer who was a prominant supporter of the annexation of Crimea (more of which I think will come out, and which might have been the thing that really convinced Johnson that the jig was up).

Cabinet members were  all aware of some or all of this before it ever became public. By definition, they should have ruled themselves out of the contest. To an extent, they are guilty by association.

I would never have voted for any member, including recently resigned, of the current government. Instead the field  was swamped was swamped with various serving and recent members of the Cabinet, in what seemed to be a concerted move to exclude those outside of government (Nadhim Zahawi, for all his qualities, surely knew he had not a cats hope in hell of meeting with the approval of the Membership).

In this election, my choice would have been restricted to Hunt or Tugendhat, neither of which was I given the opportunity to challenge at hustings.

I will probably spoil my ballot.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, astro said:

I think you are conflating the terms "immigrant" and "refugee"?

No, I don't think that's the problem. It's more correct to say that the unambiguous term "refugee" is being completely misused to refer to people who are not fleeing from war or persecution of any kind. In other words, people's good natures are being hijacked to facilitate an invasion.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lspab said:

Truss for me would be the worst option for the Country. She's been a poor Foreign Secretary at a time when we needed someone to step up to the plate. She has done a poor job of representing the interests of Britons who have found themselves in difficulties overseas (some reports suggesting the Britons in DPR hands were executed by firing squad some days ago). We are on the possible brink of WW3, and our top diplomat, Truss, has been parading the stage appealing to a Party Membership that she is best suited to win the next General Election. If we are not careful, there won't be a General Election.

My choice was never a candidate in this contest.

The reasons why Boris Johnson has resigned differ from previous leaders of the Conservative Party.

May  resigned due to her policies being unpoopular among the Party memberships (loss of confidence from 70 Associations).

Cameron went because he couldn't enact a policy he didn't believe in. 

Major, Hague, Duncan-Smith all went after failing to win General Elections (national rejection of their policies).

Thatcher resigned due to unpopular policies (to the extent  of civil unrest) and a loss of confidence among MPs.

Johnson's loss of confidence among MPs were due to a combination of personal behaviour, covering up for an alleged sexual offender, lying to Parliament and contacts with a former KGB officer who was a prominant supporter of the annexation of Crimea (more of which I think will come out, and which might have been the thing that really convinced Johnson that the jig was up).

Cabinet members were  all aware of some or all of this before it ever became public. By definition, they should have ruled themselves out of the contest. To an extent, they are guilty by association.

I would never have voted for any member, including recently resigned, of the current government. Instead the field  was swamped was swamped with various serving and recent members of the Cabinet, in what seemed to be a concerted move to exclude those outside of government (Nadhim Zahawi, for all his qualities, surely knew he had not a cats hope in hell of meeting with the approval of the Membership).

In this election, my choice would have been restricted to Hunt or Tugendhat, neither of which was I given the opportunity to challenge at hustings.

I will probably spoil my ballot.

Well written, but Hunt doesn't seem too popular amongst party members and many think, quite rightly in my opinion that Sunak plotted to get rid of Boris and he is hated outside of the Tory MPs clique.

Would you agree that Boris didn't deserve his demise and the way the BBC and other media outlets have hounded him because he managed against all odds to remove us from the EU. Boris is still many party members favourite and they will not forget how he was treated by fellow MPs and the media, he was stabbed in the back.

Truss is certainly no intellectual but she will, I believe be chosen over Sunak by Tory members. Maybe Truss can bring back some conservatism back to the party, who knows, I for one can only hope.

The most important thing is for the Conservatives to stay unified let's face it their poor but the alternative of Labour is 100 times worse.

As for deportation of foreign criminals the best solution for either candidate would be:

1. Move the entire UK Prison Population to West Falklands. 

2. Move every bogus asylum seeker who entered The UK illegally to East Falklands. 

This would in turn cut reoffending rates and deter illegal immigration. 

It would also create jobs (that pay taxes) and help offset the cost of maintaining the Falklands that the UK Government pays annually. 

And as its British Territory (unlike Rwanda) the left wing lunatics and the ECHR wouldn't have a leg to stand on in challenging it in Court.

• Haha 2

On 7/31/2022 at 8:00 AM, Marble-eye said:

Well written, but Hunt doesn't seem too popular amongst party members and many think, quite rightly in my opinion that Sunak plotted to get rid of Boris and he is hated outside of the Tory MPs clique.

Would you agree that Boris didn't deserve his demise and the way the BBC and other media outlets have hounded him because he managed against all odds to remove us from the EU. Boris is still many party members favourite and they will not forget how he was treated by fellow MPs and the media, he was stabbed in the back.

Truss is certainly no intellectual but she will, I believe be chosen over Sunak by Tory members. Maybe Truss can bring back some conservatism back to the party, who knows, I for one can only hope.

I'm a lifelong Conservative Party voter, even when I was in Northern Ireland (there were CP candidates there). I joined the Party in order to hacve a say when Johnson would have been booted out. he was hoisted by his own petard. It was entirely predictable that he would have been the master of his own demise. There are many black marks against him. As a serial adulterer, he went against the traditional values held by many members but ignored. Given his association with an an ex-KGB colonel, turned oilgarch (one of the biggest investors in Russian occupied Crimea), I doubt his absolute loyalty to the country. Its not the media that caused him to resign, or Partygate, or rapist MPs. He would have weathered all that. Its a quiet word in his ear about those 2018 meetings with Colonel Alexander Lebedev in Italy, shortly after a NATO Summit on the Russian threat, that caused him to go, quietly. This was no meeting to pass a discrete message from NATO to Putin. Johnson, the Foreign Secretary, got pissed at the party, and reportedly looked like he had been sleeping in his clothes (stinking of piss?), and had lost his luggage.

The NATO summit concerned whether Article 5 should have been invoked (declaration of war on Russia because of the Salisbury attack). It was widely reported that after the meeting, Johnson left on his own to attend the Russian party, shaking off his Met Police guard, and carrying the NATO war manual with him. What the hell?

He was a drunk at that party with Putin's friends. He had no idea whether he talked about UK government confidences. This was mere weeks after the Russian chemical weapons attack in Salisbury.

He has continued to draw a PM salary despite refusing to carry out any meaningful duties associated with the Office. He has set us on a route in which the UK will be dissolved during my lifetime. Truss won't be able to stop that.

There is still the ongoing enquiry into whether he mislead Parliament, which may be concluded in the winter, the outcome of which will trigger the Recall Act. He deserves everything and more.

I would reject the assertion that Truss does not possess an Intellect. Any casual examination of her curriculum vitae indicates she clearly does. She's just in the wrong job to make use of that.

During the  previous leadership contest, Hunt attracted a third of the Party membership in votes; a third of the membership were so-called Remainers, disgusted with the way many decent (and genuinely great in a few cases) Parliamentarians had been hounded out of public life.

This was a leadership election based on a single issue, Brexit. That moronic topic is now over. Hunt was knocked out because of the ideological transformation of the Westminster Party.  Its becoming the Conservative version of Michael Foot's part, and if it continues, will be unelectible  for a generation. Perhaps rightly so, with inflation expected to hit 15%, getting rather close to Dennis Healey's 25% rate.

I suspect there will be a low turnout for the vote. Its a complete fix. There are members who won't vote for Sunak because, simply, he's not white, and it really didn't matter what came out of his mouth. There would have been a centralist wing, the 33%, who might have given Sunak a chance, but he blew it, with his dog whistle politics. They won't vote at all. I might join them, or spoil my ticket with a vain write in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Besides, similar to other wealthy European nations, young workers are needed to pay taxes & social security contributions to finance an increasingly aging population.

Sorry Britain, but it cannot be done without immigrants, the good, the bad and the ugly!