News Forum - Indian tourist in Pattaya claims his wallet with 17,000 baht stolen

Thaiger

In the continuing plague of Indian tourists claiming they had high-value items stolen from them on the streets of Pattaya late at night, an Indian tourist reported that his wallet, along with 17,000 baht inside, was stolen by a transgender person. The 29 year old tourist said that he was in Central Pattaya last night at around 1 am when someone snatched his wallet and all the cash inside. The man claimed he had been with 7 or 8 other Indian friends when they decided around midnight that they needed some late-night snacks. They hopped on a baht bus and […]

The story Indian tourist in Pattaya claims his wallet with 17,000 baht stolen as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Indians on a crash course of thai pros and cons.

Don't think this one an insurance scam cash is cash. In your pocket it's yours in my pocket it's mine, unless you recorded every individual note number.😂

"He said that he was walking around some alleyways with one other friend to burn off the calories of the food they had just eaten when what he believed was a ladyboy drove by on a motorbike and left with his wallet."

Wow, where are these alleyways? Central Pattaya from Second road to Beach road pretty simple, Soi's 7 through 13 (1,2,3,4)  as you are heading south to walking street. 

Cannot use the CCTV if you do not know what street you are on...

Edited by ExpatPattaya

16 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

Who gets a baht bus from South to Central Pattaya to go to a 7/11?

A group of indian males, looking for a service lady from Pattaya beach road, accepting a group of indians for a bargain?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Theory A

Indians dont communicate with each other online or in any other way of this common nonoccurence in LOS

Theory B

Insurance scam

• Like 2

So he decided that it would be a good idea to wander around some alleys late at night with 17,000 baht in his wallet.

A few of pieces of advice:

1. Only take as much money as you plan to spend, put the rest in the hotel safe.

2. Don't walk around alleys in Central Pattaya (or anywhere in the world) late at night with large amounts of cash in your pocket.

3. If you feel that you must carry large amounts of cash with you keep it secure, not in your tracksuit pants where even the worst pick pocket in the world can take it from you.

I find it very difficult to feel sorry for people like this.

• Like 1

Quite plausible as it happened to me years ago but on Khoasan Road.

But why the need for a convoluted reason for being out at 1 AM in Pattaya?

Can't give the real reason incase the wife reads it in downtown Mumbai lol.

😀

• Haha 3

If it is the guy in the photo then he have to run to bangkok and back for burn all those calories why not run after the motor bike for 30 min or so 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Next time don't forget to keep your wallet inside your underware close to your little brother. At least he can alert you if there is an intruder....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Thaiger said:

In the continuing plague of Indian tourists claiming they had high-value items stolen

Looking at  this sentence I am actually not sure, isn't there a comma missing? After "tourists"? 🙊

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Looking at  this sentence I am actually not sure, isn't there a comma missing? After "tourists"? 🙊

Maybe you can message the moderators about a job here since u seem to be doing it already for all of us...

Hows the view from the Ivory Tower?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Maybe you can message the moderators about a job here since u seem to be doing it already for all of us...

Hows the view from the Ivory Tower?

You not getting it, lol

14 hours ago, Guest1 said:
On 7/27/2022 at 2:35 PM, Thaiger said:

In the continuing plague of Indian tourists claiming they had high-value items stolen

Don't worry, I got your point.

On 7/28/2022 at 12:22 AM, PapayaBokBok said:

Theory A

Indians dont communicate with each other online or in any other way of this common nonoccurence in LOS

Theory B

Insurance scam

I go with theory B so this claim can support his vacation and he gets a free trip

• Like 2

On 7/28/2022 at 7:48 AM, Mazz11 said:

So he decided that it would be a good idea to wander around some alleys late at night with 17,000 baht in his wallet.

A few of pieces of advice:

1. Only take as much money as you plan to spend, put the rest in the hotel safe.

2. Don't walk around alleys in Central Pattaya (or anywhere in the world) late at night with large amounts of cash in your pocket.

3. If you feel that you must carry large amounts of cash with you keep it secure, not in your tracksuit pants where even the worst pick pocket in the world can take it from you.

I find it very difficult to feel sorry for people like this.

I learned these lessons and other tips in 1992 reading the Lonely planet pocket guide to Costa Rica. 

I mean really, don't people research places they are going on holiday anymore? 

49 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

I mean really, don't people research places they are going on holiday anymore

Of course they do. For the things they are interested in.

Or why do you think they know that they need to go to Pattaya beach road, with a group of 8 Indian males? ;-)

On 7/28/2022 at 10:33 AM, Ramanathan.P said:

Next time don't forget to keep your wallet inside your underware close to your little brother. At least he can alert you if there is an intruder....

I doubt it, where there's no sense, there's no feeling. ☺️