News Forum - Pathum Thani Police nab 17 teen gang members after explosions

Thaiger

Gang violence in the Greater Bangkok province of Pathum Thani has escalated with 17 teenagers being arrested by police after throwing small bombs at each other. Thai news media reported that in the province to the north of Bangkok, on Soi Thammasuthee 23, Moo 5, in Muang district, explosions were heard 3 separate times related to gang wars. The first two explosions in the area resulted in little to no response from the police. The first time, at the end of last year on December 29, a few motorbike riding gang members were given a warning and have their details […]

The story Pathum Thani Police nab 17 teen gang members after explosions as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Collect all the backbones and bandits - then shoot them. It would be a pity for them to take a place in prison when they are bad from a young age, There will be peace for the future

Hit them very hard and fast, otherwise you have daily drive by shootingsand bombings.

The innocent end up on the bad end of this behaviour.

I read some news recently that made me think Bangkok might have public housing, what's known in the US as the projects, or in the UK as council estates. Is this actually true?

Just now, brian60221 said:

I read some news recently that made me think Bangkok might have public housing, what's known in the US as the projects, or in the UK as council estates. Is this actually true?

Yes, some of these big massive highrises are public housing

15 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Yes, some of these big massive highrises are public housing

The situation is that everyone in some buildings is on welfare? If so, how long has it been going on? I would expect the culture there to become extremely weird and bad. That's what happened in the US, as far as I can tell.

9 hours ago, brian60221 said:

The situation is that everyone in some buildings is on welfare? If so, how long has it been going on? I would expect the culture there to become extremely weird and bad. That's what happened in the US, as far as I can tell.

No, not really

They are just Government subsidized housing. There is a long wait list to get one and they seem to be just small one bedrooms

Also, not all projects in US means you are on welfare.

I grew up in the projects in Boston and it was a great place to grow up. You had to be a family to live there so it was a very family oriented area with most people working.