News Forum - Thai military commanders asked to explain secret budget used by senior officers

Thaiger

Senior officers from the Defence Ministry, and the Royal Thai Armed Forces, say its nearly 2,000,000,000 baht budget would be used reasonably to protect the country. But members of the Extraordinary Committee asked about the secret budget and urged senior officers to reveal more detail about the plan to the public. The Extraordinary Committee met this morning to consider the 2023 budget for the Ministry of Defence, which was 197,292,732,000 baht. The meeting was joined by the senior officers from the relevant departments including, the permanent secretary of the Defence Ministry, Worakiat Rattananon, the commander in chief of the Thai […]

The story Thai military commanders asked to explain secret budget used by senior officers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

the strong army could be a tool for negotiating political policies.”

Particularly against its own people.

Somchai claimed he’d been informed that a large chunk of the budget is used on renting luxury Mercedes Benz cars for high-profile officers.

Can't just show up in a Toyota, what would people think.

• Like 4

Corruption starts from the top so there’s no reason to think the armed forces go against the norm. It’d be interesting to hear Baht for Baht how they spend their money. 

• Like 1

My wife wanted my stepson to go to Air Force Academy in the worst way

It was known we'd have to pay 500k to get accepted

I asked her, forget about the money needed, why would you want him in an enviroment like that?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Naanlaew said:

So what was her reply?

Would you have actually considered paying the price of admission , knowing it is all corrupt?

She balked at the price but didn't mind the corruption, she sees it as a cost of doing business in Thailand

Different mindset

I wouldn't pay because I wouldn't want him in that enviroment of corruption..........

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Giltee said:

It’d be interesting to hear Baht for Baht how they spend their money. 

High profile meetings in 5-star resorts and Karaoke bars to discuss strategies to protect the nation.

The expert consultant Johnnie Walker frequently partakes in the meetings.

• Like 1