Thai Honorary Consulates

Are Thai Honorary Consulates ever going to start re-issuing visas?

Last year, when enquiring for a visa at the local H C, I was told 'Kindly note that as from 28th May, 2021, due to changes in the procedures for the approval of Visas and certifications,  Consulates worldwide are no longer able to process such applications for Visas, relevant documentation or Legalisations , these can only be issued by Thai Embassies.'

Not sure if this was pandemic-related or not, perhaps anyone can shed some light on this?

Not pandemic related at all.

As the online e-visa is being rolled out by the MFA, the requirement for most Honorary Consulates became obsolete and were closed. The online e-visa system handles applications for all visa types through the respected Countries Thai Embassies - a streamlined system.

All documents and payment are submitted online and once approved the visa is sent via email, known as 'stickerless Visa'. No requirement to submit your passport, everything is processed online.
Royal Thai Consulates remain open in certain Countries.

I don't think e-visa is available for my country (Malta)yet though :( Had to pay a hefty sum for my visa last December!

From memory, you now have to apply for a Visa from the Thai Embassy in Athens.
Online E-Visa application is not enabled for Greece as yet.

On 7/4/2022 at 12:02 PM, Storm said:

Yes.  Is there a planned schedule for the roll-out of online e-visas worldwide?

If there is, it has been announced publicly that I'm aware of.
3 years ago, the MFA announced they were rolling the e-visa application system out Internationally, but not where or when.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 6:41 PM, Faz said:

Not pandemic related at all.

As the online e-visa is being rolled out by the MFA, the requirement for most Honorary Consulates became obsolete and were closed. The online e-visa system handles applications for all visa types through the respected Countries Thai Embassies - a streamlined system.

All documents and payment are submitted online and once approved the visa is sent via email, known as 'stickerless Visa'. No requirement to submit your passport, everything is processed online.
Royal Thai Consulates remain open in certain Countries.

That might apply to tourist visas, but I can't imagine a marriage visa would be issued in electronic format. The 12 month multi entry marriage visa would thus still be available in places such as Savannakhet and Ho Chi Minh City, right?

3 hours ago, Highlandman said:

That might apply to tourist visas, but I can't imagine a marriage visa would be issued in electronic format.

If the Thai Embassy now uses the online e-visa application system, the electronic 'stickerless' visa applies to all types. The Non Imm O multiple entry visa is no longer available through e-visa application sites based on Thai spouse, only the 90-day Non O single entry is available.

3 hours ago, Highlandman said:

The 12 month multi entry marriage visa would thus still be available in places such as Savannakhet and Ho Chi Minh City, right?

Correct, they don't as yet use the online e-visa application system.