News Forum - 3 Thai political activists tried to commit suicide in prison

Thaiger

Bangkok Remand Prison yesterday reported that 3 Thai political activists, jailed according to the lèse majesté laws, tried to commit suicide in prison due to stress. Two male prisoners slashed their wrists with a piece of metal while a third prisoner tried to overdose on 60 paracetamol tablets. Thai human rights lawyer, Arnon Nampa, yesterday announced the news on his Facebook page. “Urgent!!! Political prisoners from the Talugas group committed suicide in jail. The Corrections Department, please report the information and their symptoms.” He updated his post two minutes later. “A lawyer visited them today and said there were 2 […]

The story 3 Thai political activists tried to commit suicide in prison as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

No money, no honey. Can’t make bail, stay in jail. I have sympathy for their plight but these scam suicides arguably do them more harm than good. 

11 minutes ago, Fanta said:

No money, no honey. Can’t make bail, stay in jail. I have sympathy for their plight but these scam suicides arguably do them more harm than good. 

I think many are refused bail as the severity and punnishment for being accused of the dreaded section 112 

34 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Bangkok Remand Prison yesterday reported that 3 Thai political activists, jailed according to the lèse majesté laws, tried to commit suicide in prison due to stress. Two male prisoners slashed their wrists with a piece of metal while a third prisoner tried to overdose on 60 paracetamol tablets. Thai human rights lawyer, Arnon Nampa, yesterday announced the news on his Facebook page. “Urgent!!! Political prisoners from the Talugas group committed suicide in jail. The Corrections Department, please report the information and their symptoms.” He updated his post two minutes later. “A lawyer visited them today and said there were 2 […]

The story 3 Thai political activists tried to commit suicide in prison as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

the land of smiles from its grimmer side....

its well known and reported that prison conditions are far from human...

overcrowdet, violent etc etc...

nothing new here and a situation that many farangs wish for their criminals back home...but these kids, mostly students are far from beeing criminal...idealistic, critical like all youth are...now the system puts them together with murderers rapists paedophiles etc...for years, their best years, to come

what a failure...free speech gets punished like a hard core crime...

sounds like a dictatorship like russia to me..here its the critisism about royality.. there its the critisism of the ukraine war which gets people locked up for very long in inhuman condition in the middst of societys worst...

for a change in russia i lost all hope...but thailand has so many great people, i experienced the highest of human behaviour here....so i hope a change to the fairer in this difficukt field can come about