News Forum - Thailand to welcome Russian travellers back this Saturday, really?@!, Ukraine Discussion

Thaiger

3 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

Did I say that? I am simply saying that Russia is our neighboradn we have a good history.  We don't abandon friends even if they may be wrong. Better to be able to try helping him and the world.

Friends ? Weren't you and Russia at war in 2010 ? Haven't Norway just imposed sanctions on Russia ? Are you sure you're Norwegian as you don't seem to know a lot about it.

So no justification for the atrocities then ? but because they were the good guys 78 years ago, (but were attacking you just 12 years ago) they're entitled to rape and murder and invade neighbouring democracies for a laugh ?

As for 'Even IF they are wrong' ??? So you're not sure if murdering people that are tied up and raping women in front of the kids is wrong, you've got far bigger problems than I gave you credit for. 

OK understand your viewpoint now - so Hitler, good guy or bad guy ?

5 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I suppose you could say that slaughtering Ukrainians is "they may be wrong" I would rank that along side of someone saying Hitler is jolly cross. 🇺🇲

You are simplifying this entire issue. I said that I am not going to abandon a friend even if he is wrong. I could use harsher words to placate your need to bolster your one-sided narrative, but maybe there simply is more to the story?

Should we condemnd entire America for bombing Serbia hospitals and infrastructure to "hit military targets? Should we condemn America for taking part in killing of Yemenese children in school buses?

When it comes to "Hitler", no country did more to end his reign than Russian people.  So stop with this phony equivalence. 

And STILL USA is occupying Syrian oil and wheat fields. Your concerns for the Ukrainean people are (as always) limited to their usefulness as pawns. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manu said:

This is a Thaiger article dated March 2 about the first direct flight of Saudi tourists arriving to Thailand

Now I am checking the comment section, searching desperately for a single "anti-war" comment denouncing the abomination created by the Saudi Arabia war in Yemen since 2015, with 100 000s civilians killed, "over 150,000 of these deaths were the direct result of the armed conflict, while far more have died due to hunger and disease as a result of the humanitarian crisis caused by the war" (https://caat.org.uk/homepage/stop-arming-saudi-arabia/the-war-on-yemens-civilians/). Now why is that? Is it because this war is not on TV 24/7? Is it because Ukraine is so close to the West and Yemen...well nobody cannot even locate that country on a map? Is it because the Russian regime is a dictature (yes it is) but the Saudi Arabian regime is a wonderful democraty fighting for freedom (which would not change the fact that as always it is the civilians who have nothing to do with it that suffer the consequences...like for EVERY SINGLE AWFUL WAR)? Some above say that they will not come to Thailand if Russian tourists are, but will you not come to Thailand because of Saudi tourists being allowed to come too?

I was just wondering...

Actually there has been wide spread condemnation of Saudi Arabia's war in Yemen in the western media. Indeed there have been fairly large protest marches because of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Can someone point me towards this 'rules based order' and which rules are included? I'm curious, see? 

You must know about it Poolie. The rule is based on your contributions. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Friends ? Weren't you and Russia at war in 2010 ? Haven't Norway just imposed sanctions on Russia ? Are you sure you're Norwegian as you don't seem to know a lot about it.

So no justification for the atrocities then ? but because they were the good guys 78 years ago, (but were attacking you just 12 years ago) they're entitled to rape and murder and invade neighbouring democracies for a laugh ?

As for 'Even IF they are wrong' ??? So you're not sure if murdering people that are tied up and raping women in front of the kids is wrong, you've got far bigger problems than I gave you credit for. 

OK understand your viewpoint now - so Hitler, good guy or bad guy ?

"Even if wrong" was referring to the principle of standing by a friend and trying to help him reach the best possible solution. I thought that was clear to someone who only speak English. 

No, Norway and Russia was NOT at war in 2010. Where do you learn modern history? Of course the Norwegian government must comply with the sanctions you people DEMAND us all to follow. Otherwise, you would make our lives very hard. Having said that, so far, the sanctions are affecting US more than Russia. We are forced to bleed for you. Many people here are sick and tired of you always telling us what to do. 

Again, you seem clueless about the history of Norway, our relationship to our neighbors and diplomacy in general. 

"Rape and murder and invasions" are "fine" as long as they are not "democrazy"?  You should be ashamed of your war mongering. And as always you keep the war far at arms length from your own country. 

Bush good or bad? Obama good or bad? Biden Good or bad?   Do you have no color vision??

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

Bush good or bad? Obama good or bad? Biden Good or bad?   Do you have no color vision??

Putins invasions of a sovereign nation good or bad?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

Did I say that? I am simply saying that Russia is our neighboradn we have a good history.  We don't abandon friends even if they may be wrong. Better to be able to try helping him and the world.

Russia is Norway's neighbor? 

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Actually there has been wide spread condemnation of Saudi Arabia's war in Yemen in the western media. Indeed there have been fairly large protest marches because of it. 

True although I don't think it's anywhere close to the same scale as the Ukraine coverage. 

The media coverage seems to have gone almost non existent since Putin decided to go nuts as well as what is happening in Afghanistan since we pulled out. 

Truly sickening what's happening in Yemen.

Ps that's not condoning what Russia are doing in any way

2 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

"Even if wrong" was referring to the principle of standing by a friend and trying to help him reach the best possible solution. I thought that was clear to someone who only speak English. 

No, Norway and Russia was NOT at war in 2010. Where do you learn modern history? Of course the Norwegian government must comply with the sanctions you people DEMAND us all to follow. Otherwise, you would make our lives very hard. Having said that, so far, the sanctions are affecting US more than Russia. We are forced to bleed for you. Many people here are sick and tired of you always telling us what to do. 

Again, you seem clueless about the history of Norway, our relationship to our neighbors and diplomacy in general. 

"Rape and murder and invasions" are "fine" as long as they are not "democrazy"?  You should be ashamed of your war mongering. And as always you keep the war far at arms length from your own country. 

OMG - you're nuts

So, this didn't happen 

The Russo-Norwegian War was an armed conflict between Norway supported by fellow NATO countries on one side, and Russia on the other. It occurred between September 2010 and January 2011, and involved land, air and sea warfare.

Moving on ... you said IF a friend was wrong, as clear as day - at least have the courage of your convictions and stop trying to squirm out of your hideous apologies for rape and murder !

Sanctions - Oh right so now you're saying your government is weak ? just now you were a proud norwegian, make your mind up. The Norwegian government imposed their own sanctions as they clearly know right from wrong, well most of them. 

Oh the war is at 'arms length' as it's in Ukraine get it ? But trust me if they touch Milton Keynes, we'll have em.

Now you trot off and after a lie down, brush up on Norwegian history and perhaps look into the merits of rape and murder. Stop apologising for lunatics, (though I'm starting to see the familiarity) and understand what's at stake here.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

You are simplifying this entire issue. I said that I am not going to abandon a friend even if he is wrong. I could use harsher words to placate your need to bolster your one-sided narrative, but maybe there simply is more to the story?

I am not simplifying anything, it is you that is using this thread to expose your xenophobia towards the US and the Brits. This thread is about Russians returning to Thailand and you have derailed it and turned it into a US, Brit bash. I don't hear any apologies from you about the murderous, pilferious and rapist Norwegian Vikings a few years ago, nah soon forgot that episode didn't we.

Be careful when choosing your friends because some of their traits could run off onto you.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

True although I don't think it's anywhere close to the same scale as the Ukraine coverage. 

The media coverage seems to have gone almost non existent since Putin decided to go nuts as well as what is happening in Afghanistan since we pulled out. 

Truly sickening what's happening in Yemen.

Ps that's not condoning what Russia are doing in any way

Completely agree with that John. I expect to see many instances of "less democratic" governments committing all kinds of stuff while the worlds focus is on the Ukraine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Benroon said:

But trust me if they touch Milton Keynes, we'll have em.

Nah, Milton Keynes deserves it.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Russia is Norway's neighbor? 

Your google maps is not working?

And yes, they are, in the very north of Norway. Where they are also neighbour with Finland

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guest1 said:

Your google maps is not working?

And yes, they are, in the very north of Norway. Where they are also neighbour with Finland

Does anyone live there?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Sure (wide spread?? I don’t think so) but no way near as the war in Ukraine (understatement) but regardless it was clearly not my point here in this particular forum and this thread which was about Russian tourists and peoples’ reactions here. But then since you mention it, the western media coverage and, well let’s face it propaganda since communication is definitely a war weapon nowadays, is giving 24/7 for a few weeks to the war in Ukraine while a minute or 2 to Yemen if any at all to an abomination that has been going for 7 years. The results being the whole western world mobilised to help (rightly) the poor Ukrainian population stuck in this horrible mess while none whatsoever are getting involved in helping the Yemen population being butchered for 7 years. That was not my point (what’s the bloody point??), but since you mentioned it then I answered cause it is the obvious situation. But again commentators of the thaiger, so prompt of denouncing the war in Ukraine and terrible Russian tourists, why are you not saying the same and even more about the Saudi ones. That’s where western media propaganda is doing it’s best and the targeted audience reacts exactly the way it was designed. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Benroon said:

The Russo-Norwegian War was an armed conflict between Norway supported by fellow NATO countries on one side, and Russia on the other. It occurred between September 2010 and January 2011, and involved land, air and sea warfare

Link, please. Nato in war against Russia? You never stop learning something

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Manu said:

Sure (wide spread?? I don’t think so) but no way near as the war in Ukraine (understatement) but regardless it was clearly not my point here in this particular forum and this thread which was about Russian tourists and peoples’ reactions here. But then since you mention it, the western media coverage and, well let’s face it propaganda since communication is definitely a war weapon nowadays, is giving 24/7 for a few weeks to the war in Ukraine while a minute or 2 to Yemen if any at all to an abomination that has been going for 7 years. The results being the whole western world mobilised to help (rightly) the poor Ukrainian population stuck in this horrible mess while none whatsoever are getting involved in helping the Yemen population being butchered for 7 years. That was not my point (what’s the bloody point??), but since you mentioned it then I answered cause it is the obvious situation. But again commentators of the thaiger, so prompt of denouncing the war in Ukraine and terrible Russian tourists, why are you not saying the same and even more about the Saudi ones. That’s where western media propaganda is doing it’s best and the targeted audience reacts exactly the way it was designed. 

I wouldn't let Saudi tourists in either.

But sadly its not up to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Guest1 said:

That was not the question, was it?

Ah I see what you are driving at now. A NATO member so close to Russia's border!

Those Norwegian nazis better watch out. 

34 minutes ago, Benroon said:

So, this didn't happen 

The Russo-Norwegian War was an armed conflict between Norway supported by fellow NATO countries on one side, and Russia on the other. It occurred between September 2010 and January 2011, and involved land, air and sea warfare.

I'm having diffculty locating information on this "conflict".

List_of_wars_involving_Norway

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I wouldn't let Saudi tourists in either.

But sadly its not up to me.

Only because someone mentioned it, I do not see your comment saying so in that article of my original post. Well I am genuinely believing that you must have not been visiting thethaiger that day and all the other days with similar published articles so you could say your word. I would have anyway disagreed cause “tourists “ are not responsible for wars but i leave this for another occasion. 

Edited by Manu

12 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I wish Thailand would agree to host some Ukrainian refugees. It’s the humane thing to do. 

FEDA997E-5DA6-4AAF-8E90-0B33A1261863.jpeg.aa7ff5485304de9ec7012690e50fe698.jpeg

Nice charlies.

Still no word on the 'rules based order'?

I'm beginning to think its a load of bolleux. 😃

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Nice charlies.

Still no word on the 'rules based order'?

I'm beginning to think its a load of bolleux. 😃

Were you not at the meeting of valued TT members?

Oops sorry I may have said too much 😝

• Haha 1