Jump to content

News Forum - Dr Yong says hurrying for a fourth vaccine is wasteful


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Dr Yong Poovorwan is almost always the go-to person for explanations and opinions about Covid-19 as Thailand’s top virologist. And now he is saying that it would be wasteful for people in Thailand to race to get a fourth vaccine as many places are discussing and launching second booster programs. As the head of the Centre of Excellence in Clinical Virology at the Faculty of Medicine of Chulalongkorn University, Dr Yong is often asked to comment about the Covid-19 situation, from new variants to vaccination advice. And now, after recently stressing the importance of having a third vaccine as a booster […]

The story Dr Yong says hurrying for a fourth vaccine is wasteful as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great one more post from a so called scientist he is a master for kicking in open doors and copy other real scientist i wonder how much he pay for that tittle he is out smarted by almost every 14 year old from europe or us if the scientist are almost brainless what that say about the rest of the people 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To that effect, a fourth vaccine should be administered at least 3 months after a third dose, and at least 6 months afterwards if the third dose was an mRNA vaccine.

 

Not that there is the idea behind, with mRNA still barely available, to get every one in this country a mRNA jab first, before some get 3 or 4?

Also on Phuket, they now accepting  in the "Phuket Win" registration page the  mRNA vaccinated people first after 6 month for the booster/next booster.

Fun fact, I talked with someone, who got Sinovac/Sinovac, AstraZeneca, Pfizer already.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it just me or do I read a slightly skeptical between-the-lines undertone in this ThaiGer article re dr Yong's status and advice...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The village (Thailand) idiot speaks again ... quack quack quack.  He fits right in with Pinocchio and Anutin ... 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We can’t get a third Vaccine as foreigners??

we have asked at Hospitals?

These people are only giving 3rd Vaccines to Government agencies and wealthy or vulnerable with educations

 

Foreigners who come and live here have been Vaxxers and show certificate on arrival?

shouldn’t they get a QR code card so they can get into venues?

we are treated like aliens from another planet and prejudice  is a fact!

Governments want tourism only for quick bucks and do not care about how they are treated when here!

It used to be different , but it’s not!

 And don’t say go back if you don’t like it !!

That’s affirming the ways of this new culture and tourists will stop coming!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thai Government wants their cake and then wants to eat it as well!

Foreigners are excluded from venues , as they have not gotten Vaccine cards once entering the kingdom?

Apparently paper proof does not count nor do most people have a QR code associated with their Vaccine proof?

But Immigration allowed these people to enter with that paperwork??

Yet some venues don’t allow people in without Vaccine cards with QR codes?

At least that’s what I’m hearing?

is this true?

Ask your Viewers?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Prosaap said:

Great one more post from a so called scientist he is a master for kicking in open doors and copy other real scientist i wonder how much he pay for that tittle he is out smarted by almost every 14 year old from europe or us if the scientist are almost brainless what that say about the rest of the people 

That reeks of racist supremacy’s inferiority complex, funny how foreigners like to call Thai scientists and the rest of Thai people as brainless and yet they choose to come and live among them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're a foreigner. Why should the Thai government look after you? They should, and do, look after their own.

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Noble_Design said:

That reeks of racist supremacy’s inferiority complex, funny how foreigners like to call Thai scientists and the rest of Thai people as brainless and yet they choose to come and live among them. 

Don't be silly......🥴

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grant said:

We can’t get a third Vaccine as foreigners??

we have asked at Hospitals?

These people are only giving 3rd Vaccines to Government agencies and wealthy or vulnerable with educations

Foreigners who come and live here have been Vaxxers and show certificate on arrival?

shouldn’t they get a QR code card so they can get into venues?

we are treated like aliens from another planet and prejudice  is a fact!

Governments want tourism only for quick bucks and do not care about how they are treated when here!

It used to be different , but it’s not!

 And don’t say go back if you don’t like it !!

That’s affirming the ways of this new culture and tourists will stop coming!

I had my third a couple of weeks back, Pfizer, no charge for any of the jabs with me being a Londoner, and all, so I think you should do a bit more research, perhaps....😛

PS. All my farang friends have now had their third jab too....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm boosted also. But, I can tell you right now, I'm not rushing back for a 4th any time soon unless the next variant is a zombie plague.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about after 2 vaccines, I'll just let my bowl of water evaporate. 2 was enough, I'll stick with that. 

The way some people handle these booster shots makes me think about the annual floods here in Thailand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Grant said:

shouldn’t they get a QR code card so they can get into venues?

I don't take my 3rd booster because they told me only people with 2 vaccines could get a QR code on Mor Phrom which they MUUUUUSSSSTTTT show everywhere they go. 

Never had to. 

So they can stick that 3rd booster up their *ss😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

I don't take my 3rd booster because they told me only people with 2 vaccines could get a QR code on Mor Phrom which they MUUUUUSSSSTTTT show everywhere they go. 

Never had to. 

So they can stick that 3rd booster up their *ss😂

They probably want to stick it in your arm. Perhaps thats why America is in such a bind with Covid? Strange, the places you want your injections. I've only ever had tetanus in my arse.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

I don't take my 3rd booster because they told me only people with 2 vaccines could get a QR code on Mor Phrom which they MUUUUUSSSSTTTT show everywhere they go. 

Never had to. 

So they can stick that 3rd booster up their *ss😂

When I had my third jab, I got a new certificate with what looks like an updated QR, so I guess it says the number of jabs one has had...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find this hysterical enthusiasm for vaccines, if that’s what you want to call them, especially when it is obviously a vaccine treadmill that will never get to the end, to be bewildering. These decisions remind me of a huge ocean tanker that takes forever to turn around, just as governments seem unwilling to change policy when new information comes to light. 

Edited by Faz
off topic irrelevant comments removed.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use