News Forum - Philippines to spend US$620 million on 32 new Black Hawks for disaster relief

Thaiger

The Philippines will become another Southeast Asian nation to upgrade its military capability in 2022, probably for different purposes, as the Thai Cabinet approved the government’s plan to purchase four more fighter jets to strengthen the potency of its Royal Thai Air Force earlier last week. According to defence secretary Delfin Lorenzana, the Philippines will spend over US$620 million on 32 new Black Hawk helicopters, which are going to be used for providing humanitarian aid and disaster relief during the surge of the Covid-19 outbreak and the aftermath of Typhoon Rai, which hit the archipelago in December last year which […]

The story Philippines to spend US$620 million on 32 new Black Hawks for disaster relief as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Black Hawk attack Helicopters ? Really ?? For rescue operations or for combat with chinese occupiers of shallow islands in the south china sea. The americans will be happy. Another export on the balance sheet.

They can use for something other i never see a jet pick somebody from a rooftop can transport aid after a tyfoon its more multi function then a jet therefor make more sense to me than buy fighter jets 

32 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

They can use for something other i never see a jet pick somebody from a rooftop can transport aid after a tyfoon its more multi function then a jet therefor make more sense to me than buy fighter jets 

Memo that to Pnut will you.

1 hour ago, CamPat said:

Black Hawk attack Helicopters ? Really ?? For rescue operations or for combat with chinese occupiers of shallow islands in the south china sea. The americans will be happy. Another export on the balance sheet.

S 70i's aren't attack helicopters - they're medium lift utility.

Blackhawk S 67's are the attack helicopters - very different.

... and these aren't US exports - they're made in Poland.