News Forum - Myanmar’s Suu Kyi slaps with six years jail terms

Thaiger

3 hours ago, HighSo said:

[...]

Sadly most people nowadays completely forgot to think for themselves and do critical, both-sides research but instead just listening and repeating news content like a parrot.

Excellent point. Can you point out some good both sides research you've found? 

"was found guilty of two offences linked to the illegal importation of walkie-talkies, as well as another charge of violating Covid-19 guidelines."

Are they for real ???

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tim said:

"was found guilty of two offences linked to the illegal importation of walkie-talkies, as well as another charge of violating Covid-19 guidelines."

Are they for real ???

Politics is ugly

10 hours ago, HighSo said:

More Propaganda and Brainwash from Reuters and The Thaiger.

Democracy is an illusion and the biggest lie. No one I know ever was able to made any real decision, not even the mayor from my local home town.

In reality “democracy” is a platonic cave, where you are constantly being told the people would have the power, while in reality the real power are the international mafia controlling almost every country now.

Almost every country? Well, Myanmar is not in their power. So the notorious George Soros, well known for overthrowing governments for his clique of criminal elite-thugs with his “Open Society Foundation” for example in Ukraine, Angola and latest Myanmar, tried to use his money to install their puppet Aung San Suu Kyi.

But luckily the power-grabbing via rigged elections from the international thug-elite was prevented from the local powers, always being called "junta" by the media.
I wonder why these propaganda media outlets never call the "democratic governments" what they really are? Illusions being controlled by the international thug-elite?Well, actually I do not really wonder. I know why they do not tell this. Follow the money. Start to think for yourself instead of just repeating what you are being told.

Sources:

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/newsroom/the-open-society-foundations-in-myanmar

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/newsroom/open-society-foundations-call-for-immediate-release-of-osm-staff-member-in-myanmar

https://www.reuters.com/article/myanmar-politics-soros-int-idUSKBN2B80UZ

https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/burma/myanmar-regime-seizes-bank-accounts-soros-open-society-foundation.html

If you are not in favour of democracy. What would you suggest as a better alternative? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

If you are not in favour of democracy. What would you suggest as a better alternative? 

I am not in favor for a fake democracy, where parties that didn’t even got elected by the majority of people can make decisions that are absolutely contrary to what they promised before the election.

I would be in favor of a real, direct and decentralized democracy. Instead of pushing power more and more to a centralized few that decide for everyone else, while claiming it to be a democracy. the people should be able to vote on any matter they want directly. And not just chose the color of their prison every few years.

At the same time there need to be a stop of these propaganda funded media outlets, evidently funded by the same insanely rich people who try to grab power in these „democratic countries“ with their puppets they can pay off. There need to be a real unbiased medial education for the people to make sure they can make the right decisions and are not constantly influenced.

• Thanks 1

Not really a requirement for any argument. Democracy could still have a these problems even if the poster couldn't provide any better suggestions. 

If your dog has fleas, not being able to find a better dog doesnt change it. 

2 minutes ago, HighSo said:

I am not in favor for a fake democracy, where parties that didn’t even got elected by the majority of people can make decisions that are absolutely contrary to what they promised before the election.

I would be in favor of a real, direct and decentralized democracy. Instead of pushing power more and more to a centralized few that decide for everyone else, while claiming it to be a democracy. the people should be able to vote on any matter they want directly. And not just chose the color of their prison every few years.

At the same time there need to be a stop of these propaganda funded media outlets, evidently funded by the same insanely rich people who try to grab power in these „democratic countries“ with their puppets they can pay off. There need to be a real unbiased medial education for the people to make sure they can make the right decisions and are not constantly influenced.

From closer and intelligent observations, it appears that this fake democracy that you speak of is rampant among those whom consider themselves democratic and such. Truer and traditional forms of democracy don't exist and more than likely never have. 

Many will romance and fawn over the phony and false ideals of what is practiced - and calls itself - as democracy, yet fail to recognize that it's all a disguise. 

Almost universally, what has been practiced [and accepted] for quite some time might be more along the lines of suppressive oligarchy; plutocracy or even the contemporary form of corpocracy - all of which are not systematically or socially democratic in structure. 

No such beast as democracy exist, especially spouted from such circles that imagine that they are bathed in the dreamy  illusion of democracy. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vince said:

Not really a requirement for any argument. Democracy could still have a these problems even if the poster couldn't provide any better suggestions. 

If your dog has fleas, not being able to find a better dog doesnt change it. 

Agreed Vince. However, without some practical and sustainable alternative, then what is the point of complaining. If you don’t like democracies, what then? What else is there? We can all dream of some idealistic arrangement, whereby each and every decision made is out to the open vote. Where everything any local or national government attempt to do is put to a referendum, but it’s simply not practical. 

Im all for improving and fine tuning things wrong in government, but to simply dismiss democracy as a failure and offer no alternative is simply moaning. 

To use your dog with fleas analogy. You don’t get rid of your dog, but you do get it some treatment. @HighSo  wants a dog without four legs and able to fly. Simply not possible. 

8 hours ago, HighSo said:

Yes it exists in swiss and many countries are federal democracies. The problem from American is their education level and often even can find a country on a map or globe thats why the schools in Europe are funded by the tax money and free to keep a better level of education. But thats not the fault of the democracy is a problem of America and to think a dictatorship is better shows of the lack of knowledge and education! USA should send all the empty heads 1 year for holidays to North Korea to understand the difference! It is often shocking to see their  education level and parts are living in a paralell universe and a complete loss of reality. They think also all democracies are all ruled like the USA and shows what kind of simple minds they are and no knowledge about the diversity of the countries and democracy countries.

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

Im all for improving and fine tuning things wrong in government, but to simply dismiss democracy as a failure and offer no alternative is simply moaning. 

Wouldn't have to dismiss or offer any such alternatives if real democracy were practiced or engaged in - but it's not. 

You're missing the picture.

On 1/10/2022 at 8:17 PM, HighSo said:

More Propaganda and Brainwash from Reuters and The Thaiger.

Democracy is an illusion and the biggest lie. No one I know ever was able to made any real decision, not even the mayor from my local home town.

In reality “democracy” is a platonic cave, where you are constantly being told the people would have the power, while in reality the real power are the international mafia controlling almost every country now.

Almost every country? Well, Myanmar is not in their power. So the notorious George Soros, well known for overthrowing governments for his clique of criminal elite-thugs with his “Open Society Foundation” for example in Ukraine, Angola and latest Myanmar, tried to use his money to install their puppet Aung San Suu Kyi.

But luckily the power-grabbing via rigged elections from the international thug-elite was prevented from the local powers, always being called "junta" by the media.
I wonder why these propaganda media outlets never call the "democratic governments" what they really are? Illusions being controlled by the international thug-elite?Well, actually I do not really wonder. I know why they do not tell this. Follow the money. Start to think for yourself instead of just repeating what you are being told.

Sources:

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/newsroom/the-open-society-foundations-in-myanmar

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/newsroom/open-society-foundations-call-for-immediate-release-of-osm-staff-member-in-myanmar

https://www.reuters.com/article/myanmar-politics-soros-int-idUSKBN2B80UZ

https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/burma/myanmar-regime-seizes-bank-accounts-soros-open-society-foundation.html

People who believe this conspiracies about Soros never had any education in their life and a mindset of a 3 year old kid. Nobody who was in a school would understand the world is a little bit more complex and just because he has a foundation doesn't mean he can rule the whole world and is unbelievable that there are adults who believe such a garbage, they would also believe sombody tell them the whole world is controlled by Santa Claus. Sombody who is able to think, nit have a mindset of a little kid and had a bit education will know what is possible and that the world is a little bit more diverse and complex!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Stardust said:

People who believe this conspiracies about Soros never had any education in their life and a mindset of a 3 year old kid. Nobody who was in a school would understand the world is a little bit more complex and just because he has a foundation doesn't mean he can rule the whole world and is unbelievable that there are adults who believe such a garbage, they would also believe sombody tell them the whole world is controlled by Santa Claus. Sombody who is able to think, nit have a mindset of a little kid and had a bit education will know what is possible and that the world is a little bit more diverse and complex!

George Soros owns officially 7.500.000.000 USD. Unofficially it will be a lot more.

But just his official assets are more than enough to easily overthrow or control governments in smaller countries like Angola, Myanmar or Ukraine and still have most of your assets left, while being able to gain more assets and more power and control with your newly installed puppets. But in the end even a George Soros is just a puppet for the big puppetmasters who are in control of the money system. Who controls the money system controls everything because you can simply endless print money and buy everyone and everything. And since 1913 the USD is in private hand via the privately owned and controlled Federal Reserve.

Just look for how less money in comparison the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and GAVI bought the WHO and therefore dictated the whole world regarding the current situation. 

Sometimes people not see the forest for the trees.

And it’s kinda funny that a previous post of me was edited because I simply mirrored your insult you mentioned before, while your post keeps being unedited by moderation. And now you are continue using childish or better non-existent argumentation and just continue insulting everyone with another point of view. I mean I can understand you, difficult to argue otherwise with no base for an argument, but I still think insulting should not be the solution for that dilemma.

Edited by HighSo

Agreed Vince. However, without some practical and sustainable alternative, then what is the point of complaining. If you don’t like democracies, what then? What else is there? We can all dream of some idealistic arrangement, whereby each and every decision made is out to the open vote. Where everything any local or national government attempt to do is put to a referendum, but it’s simply not practical. 

To use your dog with fleas analogy. You don’t get rid of your dog, but you do get it some treatment. @HighSo  wants a dog without four legs and able to fly. Simply not possible. 

Yes you are right, but complaining is sort of a "right" of democratic systems, no? 

So telling someone they shouldn't complain about the failure of democracy is counterproductive to democracy :-) 

As the joke goes, "In America you can tell President Biden 'We hate President Biden!'  We to have same freedom in Russia. In Russia we also can say 'We hate President Biden!'. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HighSo said:

George Soros owns officially 7.500.000.000 USD. Unofficially it will be a lot more.

But just his official assets are more than enough to easily overthrow or control governments in smaller countries like Angola, Myanmar or Ukraine and still have most of your assets left, while being able to gain more assets and more power and control with your newly installed puppets. But in the end even a George Soros is just a puppet for the big puppetmasters who are in control of the money system. Who controls the money system controls everything because you can simply endless print money and buy everyone and everything. And since 1913 the USD is in private hand via the privately owned and controlled Federal Reserve.

Just look for how less money in comparison the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and GAVI bought the WHO and therefore dictated the whole world regarding the current situation. 

Sometimes people not see the forest for the trees.

And it’s kinda funny that a previous post of me was edited because I simply mirrored your insult you mentioned before, while your post keeps being unedited by moderation. And now you are continue using childish or better non-existent argumentation and just continue insulting everyone with another point of view. I mean I can understand you, difficult to argue otherwise with no base for an argument, but I still think insulting should not be the solution for that dilemma.

One point is facts, sources, logic and a sense for the reality. One purpise of the life is learning and you will learn your whole life something new. There is always a development in science and education but therefore you need the space for it and this you have in democracies more and not in dictatorships. But simple minds looking for simple answers especially for themself. Thats why all the high developped countries are democracies and not one Dictatorship country is in on that list and they are more innovative. Development and learning will never end but without learning you cannot develop. Same with democracies they have to develop, learn, adjust etc. Dictatorships is always backwards and down because there is no space for the people to develop and no freedom for the the people to develop themself and as you can see in China or North Korea no infos avaiable to learn something only the censored infos from the dictators. There was not one successful junta dictatorship or any other dictatorship in the history and on this world, all failed and ended in poverty, crime, destruction, mass murdering, wars and on the lowest level humans can be. To understand where we should go you have to first understand where we come from and one part of it is learning from the history and all its mistakes and where it ended up. The purpose of life is to learn otherwise lifes are wasted!