News Forum - Australian government mulls deportation of unvaccinated tennis star Djokovic after judge orders his release

Thaiger

The Australian government has exceeded a four-hour time limit to decide whether to deport Serbian tennis star Novak Djokovic, after a federal judge ordered his release from detainment on Monday afternoon, allowing the tennis star to remain in the country — at least for tonight. The world No. 1 tennis player has been detained since Thursday for allegedly breaking the rules of entry into the country to defend his title at the Australian Open next week. Judge Anthony Kelly of the Federal Circuit Court of Australia had earlier ordered Djokovic’s release from an immigration detention centre in Melbourne within 30 […]

The story Australian government mulls deportation of unvaccinated tennis star Djokovic after judge orders his release as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

“What more could this man have done?”

Gotten vaccinated or stayed home; he is a risk to others.

It is true that deciding whether or not to get a shot is a personal choice, but there are also consequences of not doing your part for the rest of humanity.

Suck it up.

Edited by Shade_Wilder
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

He cant have been infected twice. My good friends on the CCC thread assure me that natural immunity prevents you from ever getting covid again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This court ruling is an insult to every law abiding Australien, they have suffered enough through lockdowns and isolation. Yet this arrogant Serb appears to be above Australien law. He should be imediately deported together with that bigoted judge who made the decision to permit him to stay. I will not be surprised if there now are major demenstrations in disdain of this unrighteous decision.  

Edited by Smithydog
excessive Bolding removed
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

He cant have been infected twice. My good friends on the CCC thread assure me that natural immunity prevents you from ever getting covid again.

Not so. My brother in Scotland has had it twice

• Like 3

Just now, Jcamry1 said:

Sorry mate my sarcasm with that post was not obvious to those who do not frequent that thread.

I hope your brother is well and if I may suggest he takes a bit of vitamin D and zinc to help his immune system through those bloody awful Scottish winters. Its one thing I dont miss about home.

Slange var 😀

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Not true I'm afraid,  You can catch it more than once. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jcamry1 said:

As did my Son and Daughter in law, after being double jabbed . 

On 1/10/2022 at 6:53 PM, Beaconofdarkness said:

This court ruling is an insult to every law abiding Australien, they have suffered enough through lockdowns and isolation. Yet this arrogant Serb appears to be above Australien law. He should be imediately deported together with that bigoted judge who made the decision to permit him to stay. I will not be surprised if there now are major demenstrations in disdain of this unrighteous decision.  

Maybe with NOT so dumbass, karenist leadership you guys might have suffered a lot less. Suffering does not mean the suffering itself was required.

Like for example in Sweden where they did not shutdown whole cities just because one had a positive Covid test.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shade_Wilder said:

“What more could this man have done?”

Gotten vaccinated or stayed home; he is a risk to others.

It is true that deciding whether or not to get a shot is a personal choice, but there are also consequences of not doing your part for the rest of humanity.

Suck it up.

He had covid so he has imunity even better than from vaccines! Not even Biontech the developper of the pfizer vaccines claim such things what you are saying or any virologist ! And this I say as sombody who is vaccinated with biontech/pfizer! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Maybe with NOT so dumbass, karenist leadership you guys might have suffered a lot less. Suffering does not mean the suffering itself was required.

Like for example in Sweden where they did not shutdown whole cities just because one had a positive Covid test.

OK total deaths in Sweden 15377. Population 10 million.

Total deaths in Australia 2389. Population 25 million.

Do the maths Karen.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Yes some got really mental health issues and their comments show this clearly. They even not understand that if you had covid every doctor tells you make an imunity test after a while and not get vaccinated after just had covid. 

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes can happen thats why they say to the people who had covid they shall make an imunity test after while.

45 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Not true I'm afraid,  You can catch it more than once. 

Several times, actually - 

Being infected and the degree of severity/asymptomatic have little in common. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeUpinBuriram said:

Quite a controversial court ruling today. It seems there might be two standards in Australia. 

who cares, its only tennis, which after darts and pool, is the most boring of sports to watch. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It's spelt Australian, or so it says on my passport, and I am certainly not insulted. Far from it.

I am grateful that the Court is above politics and the xenophobic frenzy of the mob, instead handing down verdicts based on the legal merit alone. That's how a democratic state under the rule of law must operate.

If there is blame to apportion then it would be much better aimed at the current Australian government for a cheap shot in an election year and continued human rights abuse.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Points of "Law"  versus  dispensation of  justice  will continue to reign supreme when and where  "big money " is involved !

Hark back to when the mandatory queue for Australians citizens trying to enter their own country never seemed to get shorter  but  "Professional Sports people" came and went at will ! 

Little different for New Zealand with a major example being the yachting races which involved literally  hundreds of "priviledged"  people associated  with a big money event accommodated  ahead  of  ?    Voters ! 

I personally  predict that although the Politicos on each side of the Tasman are theoretically opposed as in "right versus left" each will suffer massive defeat in future elections as a result of licking the  fundaments of  an equally  disfunctional nation that clings to the fantasy of global authoritarian political dominance .

In terms of  the pandemic Australia (and New Zealand ) will experience a variation of pent up capacity of  infection which  has been thus far minimized but as a consequence is wide open to such as Omicron.

Will the impact mirror  expectations of other  geographical incidence? Or will the "statistical  "curve"  demonstrate an anomaly of interest to at least those forming their personal thesis for submission in hopes of  academic award for adhering to the process of confirming  indoctrinated  concepts??

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

He should also be lynched and has his head put on a stick. After it throw him into the fire! /s

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

They maybe good friends, but not good virologysts. Statistics simply contradict this believe 

The Australian Border Force has the final say on who or what constitutes an unacceptable risk and they have decided to err on the side of caution. I hope the ABF stick to their guns, re-arrest and deport him so as to continue to send the message that the well-being of the nation is more important than the wants of an individual. 

EDIT: he tested positive for Covid on Dec 16, 2021. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-11/novak-djokovic-tennis-australia-immigration-border-force/100748954

Edited by Fanta
Added link
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Convert54 said:

In terms of  the pandemic Australia (and New Zealand ) will experience a variation of pent up capacity of  infection which  has been thus far minimized but as a consequence is wide open to such as Omicron.

Bollocks. The rest of your rant is even worse. Who hurt you? 

• Like 1