News Forum - Travellers from Africa told to re-register for Thailand Pass to change entry scheme

Thaiger

Starting tomorrow, some entry restrictions lift for those travelling to Thailand from countries in Africa. Those from nations in Africa who have been approved to enter through the Alternative Quarantine scheme can now apply to enter under the more relaxed Sandbox entry scheme, which allows travellers to roam freely in a designated province or district rather than undergoing isolation at a hotel. Travellers from Africa who have been approved to enter Thailand under the Alternative Quarantine scheme are advised to re-register for the Thailand Pass to enter under the Sandbox scheme, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Early on […]

The story Travellers from Africa told to re-register for Thailand Pass to change entry scheme as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Too late. I already booked my vacation to the Maldives.  Thailand should not have overreacted so severely and banned everyone traveling from all African countries.  The Thai government is so very inept. 

Hi Caitlin Ashworth,
I had a question. My friend arrived from an African nation on 4th Jan (Bangkok) and is doing quarantine till 18th Jan. She has 3 doses of vaccination and 2 negative RTPCR test since arriving in the hotel. Does she need to quarantine for 14 days even after the rules have changed?

She is getting sick locked inside a room, is there a website or a contact number to get the right information for her case.