News Forum - Thailand News Update | Test & Go, Sandboxes and Blue Zones?

Thaiger

Last Friday’s announced new Covid-19 restrictions and regulations were passed into law yesterday and enacted in the Royal Gazette. The Test & Go program, that allowed people to enter without quarantine, requiring only a short wait while their PCR test results came back, has been suspended indefinitely since December 22. So new applications for Test & Go into Thailand are not an option at this stage, for anyone.There had been a panic for those who had already been approved for a Thailand Pass under the Test & Go scheme. A PowerPoint slide during a presentation by the CCSA on Friday had […]

The story Thailand News Update | Test & Go, Sandboxes and Blue Zones? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thank you ! 
Could you please emphasize to your best knowledge what are the requirement as of today  to visit Thailand Bangkok outside of the sandbox program  in February 2022 since test and go has been cancelled ! 
Does Thailand pass still active ? 
Thank you 

Eric 

Eric, the Thailand Pass is suspended indefinitely. If you already have an approved Thailand Pass you can enter under the Test & Go with an extra RT-PCR test on the 6th day. Otherwise the best option is to come in through one of the Sandbox schemes in the south of the country, which you can apply for on line through the website. https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan . You can enter through Bangkok and go into various amounts of time in an ASQ quarantine hotel depending on your vaccination status also, if you don't mind being locked up in a room for that time period.

Hi Eric, while the test and Go program has been suspended, the sandbox programs haven't. So if you go to the Thailand Pass site, you can apply for the sandbox programs. I too saw the headline, the previous commentor spoke of and thought it was all over. It isn't., as they suggest. So you and still apply on Thailand Pass. 

Nobody will come through AQ by Bangkok Airport. All farangs prefer to go in the SandBox program by Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan & Koh Tao and that's why Phuket, the last couple of nights, have been partying like crazy and everything open right now. Everybody touching each including farang ladies going wild and don't think Omicron outbreak never existed.

14 minutes ago, 1l1 said:

The main question is it possible to get to other sandboxes through Bangkok? HKT flights are overpriced.

At the moment, you cannot transit through BKK

Which sort of makes sense

Unless they had chartered flights BKK-HKT, you would be mixing in people who haven't arrival tested on a domestic flight

But, and this is just a hunch

I have a feeling they will do something to allow transit in BKK through a dedicated transit hall and a couple chartered flights per day

That may mean you have to wait a long time for flight to Phuket 

Does anyone have experience of exactly how the SHA+ hotel for the one night Test and Go operates? They obviously can't lock you in your room but I assume they simply don't give you a room key, other than something to operate the power. If say you went down to the pool, would you be chased and forced back to your room? Has anyone sent a member of staff out to 7/11? Or asked their driver to get stuff while getting tested at the hospital? Experiences would be appreciated. Thanks

17 minutes ago, Bawheid said:

Does anyone have experience of exactly how the SHA+ hotel for the one night Test and Go operates? They obviously can't lock you in your room but I assume they simply don't give you a room key, other than something to operate the power. If say you went down to the pool, would you be chased and forced back to your room? Has anyone sent a member of staff out to 7/11? Or asked their driver to get stuff while getting tested at the hospital? Experiences would be appreciated. Thanks

< comment removed >

Your driver is there to drive you from the airport to the hotel, not to run your errands.

The hotel staff is there to do whatever needs to be done within the hotel, not go to 7/11 to get whatever you need. You download the 7/11 app, order online, instruct them to leave it at the hotel front desk and the staff will bring it to your room's door. 

You can't leave your room before you get the test result, but it's only a few hours (maximum 10 hours to get the result), you can use those hours to rest from the flight and by the time you wake up you're ready to go wherever you want. 

Edited by Faz
any reference to the monarchy even in jest will be removed.

11 minutes ago, Bawheid said:

I stayed at the Conrad Hotel in Bangkok after a Test & Go arrival last month. The quarantine floor had additional CCTV, the fire exits were alarmed & it was impossible to call a lift to the floor. I arrived on TG911 from London before 6am, had a speedy exit at the airport & was at the Bumrungrad  hospital for the test just after 7am. I had breakfast in the room & was woken at midday with a call telling me I was Negative. As I live in greater Bangkok I went directly home without staying at the hotel overnight & the reception had to send the lift up to let me 'escape'. No delivery food was allowed & no alcohol. After my experience I don't understand how some people have just managed to walk out of their hotel before their results were known.

• Like 1

Totaly good organized!

You will be "held" in the room preferably, but they will order food, or care for anything you need.

That is the idea of SHA+ Hotel in the first place.

Once you get your ok, you are free to discver the SANDBOX.

Theoreticaly (depending on how your Hotel is organized) nobody checks if you actualy sleep approx. 7 nights in your SHA+ Hotel, until 2. PCR test flags you green lights to go anywhere.

It is simply advisable to comply with the SANDBOX program rules because I think the Thais did a wonderful job to organize it like that!

All tests wend fast and efficient. 

Wish German government would be only half that efficient in corona aspects :-)

• Like 1