News Forum - Experts say Omicron variant infections widely underreported

Thaiger

Already 2 new covids out there. IHU and Deltacron. Wait and see if these are duds or not. Also in the USA the White Tailed deer are contracting Covid and now this is the start of another possible concern for the mutation risk. So omnicron better burn things out quick or this is just leaping to the next worry. 

😂😂😂 In other words, the news is not scary enough. 😂😂😂 We need HUGE numbers and buzz words like DEADLY and SPREADS SUPER FAST. We can't let the people feel free and happy without worries again, what are you? Nuts? 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Stonker said:

Agreed as far as contagion goes, but the problem I'm talking about is that unless it gives immunity it's not actually going to change anything - and all the indicators are now that it doesn't even give immunity from Omicron let alone anything else, so it's just an additional issue and not any sort of light at the end of the tunnel.

Your tunnel seems to be super long. You probably will never reach the light. 

Omicron is so... Passe' Lol. 

Bring on the... Flurona! 🤣😂🤣😲

I would say you can't make this $NIT up... but they do, they actually do make this $NIT up. Lol. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stonker said:

Well ... yes ... I suppose if you're dead then technically you're immune ... 😂.

You’ve missed the point. 99.5%+ total population do not die from Covid. Vax or no vax. Only one reason : natural immunity (uncompromised).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

I would say you can't make this $NIT up... but they do, they actually do make this $NIT up. Lol. 

Who is "they"?

5 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

You’ve missed the point. 99.5%+ total population do not die from Covid. Vax or no vax. Only one reason : natural immunity (uncompromised).

Not to forget the immune responses introduced by vaccination.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Not necessarily. If you caught covid 6 months ago and recovered you will have less protection than someone who got their second vaccination two months ago.

Not correct!

Vaccine-induced immunity has been shown to start waning as little as 2 nonths after injection, hence booster jabs.
Immunity via natural infection has ALWAYS been known to be long lasting. It is just in the last 2 years that 'strangely' the politicians and pharma companies have been questioning the evidence of the strength natural immunity!

If the governments were REALLY out to protect lives, they would roll out testing for T and B memory cells to show who has protection and therefore does not need a jab. But the don't appear to care about immunity,...just endless jabs!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vlad said:

Another 1st for the UK. We in the UK are the first Country to have 150 thousand Deaths to Covid Across Europe. 

"With" Covid actually. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, but the Israeli study put an end to that myth completely, on both counts.

The natural immunity wanes, just like vaccinations, and nobody knows how long you'll need to take vaccinations for or how many time as they just haven't been around long enough to find out.

Different vaccines obviously last very different lengths of time, from Tetanus to MMR to Polio to Rabies.  There's no common denominator.

Sorry but what you said is the exact opposite of what the Israeli data showed!

Dvir Aran of the Israeli Institute of Technology - who was responsible for crunching the reports numbers - stated - "the data suggests that the recovered (unvaccinated) have better protection than people who were vaccinated."

• Like 1

15 hours ago, oldschooler said:

And Be Healthy. Work at improving Diet & Weight Loss. Reverse all possible Conditions.Maximize your Anti - Covid Immune System. Do not rely solely on vax.

Sage advice. COVID won't be around much longer but cardiovascular disease is here for the foreseeable future. 

Boris Johnson is said to have gotten the wake up call and taken up jogging and fighting obesity. 

5 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

My favorite quote: " I stopped believing in conspiracy theories because they all starting coming true! "

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Glad I have an SUV with automatic 4 wheel drive, having to drive over many bodies everyday due to the pandemic.  In fact I drove over one person with in advance a runny nose to put him out of his misery as he looked like a super spreader.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Beestings 99.97% survival rate.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UncleFatBloke said:

Dvir Aran of the Israeli Institute of Technology - who was responsible for crunching the reports numbers - stated - "the data suggests that the recovered (unvaccinated) have better protection than people who were vaccinated."

Goes on to say perhaps  “ however being unvaxxed they had a far higher Chance of DYING before recovering”🤭

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, UncleFatBloke said:

"With" Covid actually. 

UK’s Massive Addiction Incidence of Obesity Smoking Drugs Alcohol a great cause of very large numbers of Unfit. Damp Wet Cold Climate with Air Pollution a respiratory killer for the Old and Covid Heaven……Near impossible to avoid Processed Food too.

19 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Absolutely right Stonks. I think that covid is here to stay. Omicron is less deadly than the other variants though and they are working on covid oral medicines (stop laughing at the back) which improve treatment when you are ill.

For me its going to join the ranks of colds and flu's that we face all the time.

Exactly. Winter Flu / Covid Cocktail next winter for sure. No 2nd booster for me. 

20 hours ago, Fluke said:

Some Doctors are of the opinion that those with natural Covid protection, those who have already caught the virus and recovered naturally are better protected than those who received artificial protection through vaccinations 

And "some doctors" would disagree...so there you are.

2 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Beestings 99.97% survival rate.jpg

Incompetent English Saxon King died of bee sting 1200 years back ….brought Alfred the Great to the throne….changed course of world history ! Nah, the Normans displaced the ruling Saxons two hundred years later which DID ultimately  change the course of world history.

5 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Imagine any doctors talking down any vaccines would be less than 1% and swiftly fired……

10 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Totally wrong medically and logically.

The reason "99.5%" of the world haven't died from Covid is down to the measures taken - vaccines, distancing, shielding, etc.

It's like looking at a rabid dog in a cage and saying 'he only bit one person and only one died, so he's harmless and we can let him out'. Naive, although I'm tempted to say something stronger.

As for "natural immunity (uncompromised)" no such thing exists.

"Natural immunity" is the immunity you have after infection - fine as long as you haven't died or been affected by the infection, but it still wanes after time so to keep up the immunity you need to either be re-infected (and risk dying or being affected again) or to be vaccinated.  Your natural immunity to anything is 'compromised' from the day you're born - all that varies is the degree.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UncleFatBloke said:

Sorry, but "Dvir Aran of the Israeli Institue of Technology" isn't named in the study I referred to and had no input into it at all - his are different studies.

These are the studies I referred to:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34706170/

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/11/09/israeli-study-shows-how-covid-19-immunity-wanes-over-time/

While I agree that natural immunity after infection lasts longer than current vaccine based immunity (emphasis on 'current') it certainly isn't "long lasting" as you claimed as it wanes considerably after six months. It's "longer lasting", not "long lasting" - not the same!

FWIW, Dvir Aran is very much NOT in favour of any sort of herd immunity based on unvaccinated protection, which is what you seem to be suggesting, and he's said so very clearly and that booster doses are a necessity:

"Our analysis cautions countries that once vaccines’ will wane a highly infectious spread is expected, and therefore, the expected decline in the vaccine’s effectiveness in those countries should be accompanied by another vaccination campaign and effective NPIs."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.12.21263451v1

The ideal / maximum is natural immunity combined with vaccination, which can give up to 14 times the protection of either as the largest Israeli study showed - but the drawback, of course, is that you may die. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Imagine any doctors talking down any vaccines, other than factually, would be less than 1% and swiftly fired……unless having their own talk radio show and/ or sponsored by anti - vax orgs.  for political purposes…..