News Forum - Phuket to 8 foreign reps: your citizens must obey Covid-19 rules

Thaiger

10 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Yes. Left UK for Phuket March 2020 when I saw the rising UK hysteria and unreason. Haven’t left my Phuket home & family since March 2020. Quit my Europe Project when WFH finished. 
Very Last place to see out Covid for me was UK ! Phuket has proved the very best place for that….

You were fortunate to arrive just prior to Thailand's lockdown and ban on International flights then.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Plenty here do - including one notably on this thread who can't stop "warning" others 😂!

In case that's mis-interpreted, I should clarify that my comment was NOT aimed at any moderators giving "warnings", but was aimed at @AussieBob as he's justified all his posts on this forum and others he says he posts on as being because he wants to "warn" people about going to Thailand.

I just noticed @Faz's post saying that a member had "been warned" and realised that my comment could easily and understandably have been mis-read.

• Haha 1

Sorry to see probably my two favourite  TT members (Stonker & AussieBob) falling out so badly.Hope you two can soon be reconciled. ……

My original motive for Thai forum posting was to HELP others requesting specific subject help from my (limited) empirical expat knowledge here.

So I transitioned from reading to posting when seeing a request for how to get a Yellow Book at my own Tessaban. A 12 wk hellish experience I wanted others to avoid or be aware of.

When I realized just how much I did NOT know, my 2nd motive kicked in; to LEARN and boy has that paid off big time ….btw anything Royal Gazetted here is GOSPEL & Firm LAW ( one lesson learned on forums).

My third motive was to CHALLENGE serious nonsense. Like Pseudo - Science, False Beliefs, Unreason, etc.

Having never posted on any social media (detested it all) before March 2021,  I struggled to stay within the many rules and ( on that Other forum here) their arbitrary application. But certainly improved my posting techniques as a result.

Avoiding Ad Hominem behaviour when being personally attacked verbally was easily the hardest challenge and saw many others failed with that too on occasion……have improved but still lapse into “excessive” phrasing….still developing and learning…..

Everyone is Shaped into who they are by their unique Nature & Nurture.

Thai Forums have been for myself an Overwhelmingly Positive Experience.

Many Thanks to Everyone Involved.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Faz said:

You were fortunate to arrive just prior to Thailand's lockdown and ban on International flights then.

Yes ! Arrived Phuket 17 March 2020. 
On 24 March without any warning Thailand Closed it’s Borders….

Luckily I was working in Milan, the very first Western city area ( 12 small towns to its south) to be locked down. Told on 8 March not to return to office, having returned that day from a weeks holiday ……in Thailand. Couldn’t face the 12 hour flight straight back so had week in UK with Family.

4 hours ago, JamesR said:

"Thai apologists", why did you invent that about me? So funny.

I assumed he lived in Thailand as he is always moaning about how bad it is, it seemed a natural assumption.

Why moan about a country which has no affect on him?

I was in Thailand for seven months in 2020, I left as I realised they would deal badly with the covid situation and went back to the UK, hence I have no need to moan constantly about the country as so many farangs seem to do on this forum even the ones who do not live there, it is funny.

Thailand is a great country as long as you have the ability to do a runner when such situations arise as we farangs have no rights at all there, but it is great for long holidays.

Its not moaning JamesR its called Constructive Comments i comment on how Thailand is being run End of so stop all this Anti Thai Stuff.

5 hours ago, vlad said:

Its not moaning JamesR its called Constructive Comments i comment on how Thailand is being run End of so stop all this Anti Thai Stuff.

I won’t bother going into a non-ending circular argument. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Faz said:

You just did James. 😀

Depends on your perspective of the Covid situation, but I suspect some would imply you jumped from the frying pan into the fire by returning to the UK. Indeed at that time many foreign tourists didn't want to return  'home' and have thus remained in Thailand since.

No moan just fact. 

I jumped back into a country which has given me three vaccinations and free medical cover. 

I had the choice. 

12 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I jumped back into a country which has given me three vaccinations and free medical cover. 

I stayed and have had 3 vaccine shots and medical treatment from Covid is free for both Thais and Non Thai citizens.

8 hours ago, Faz said:

Too many - worldwide - were caught behind the lines when these actions came about. 

1 hour ago, DesperateOldHand said:

Too many - worldwide - were caught behind the lines when these actions came about. 

Yes. I got lucky working near Milan,in the very first area outside China to be locked down so able to make it back to my Phuket base in good time.

23 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Yes. Left UK for Phuket March 2020 when I saw the rising UK hysteria and unreason. Haven’t left my Phuket home & family since March 2020. Quit my Europe Project when WFH finished. 
Very Last place to see out Covid for me was UK ! Phuket has proved the very best place for that….

Good for you, each to their own.