News Forum - 23 Chiang Mai restaurants closed due to Covid-19 outbreaks

Thaiger

Due to several Covid-19 outbreaks in the Muang district, Chiang Mai authorities have closed 23 restaurants from between 3 days and 2 weeks. The order came as Chiang Mai battles with increased Covid-19 infections like most of the rest of Thailand, pummelled by post-New Year’s holiday outbreaks and the rise of the Omicron variant. Chiang Mai reported 304 Covid-19 infections in today’s daily report with the majority of cases being connected to clusters that had been identified at restaurants that were serving alcohol like a nightclub. Now Chiang Mai is among the 69 provinces reclassified as Orange Zones where the […]

The story 23 Chiang Mai restaurants closed due to Covid-19 outbreaks as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Why on earth are they closed for different time periods, are some owned by Hi-So hence only a 3 day closure, I mean do tell, what is the difference. 555

TIT

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Graham said:

Why on earth are they closed for different time periods

Different sized Brown Envelopes ✉️ 

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Got to be more than that as the virus is basically everywhere. How come 7-11’s are never mentioned? 

7-11 would be an essential service, I'd imagine 

8 minutes ago, Rain said:

For those who know nothing else, I guess they might be.

I mean millions of Thais use them almost on a daily basis

It's probably more of an essential store in the everyday life of Thais than any other store in Thailand 

• Like 1

711 and Family Mart are the local booze outlets. You can still drink, just not in a restaurant . I think the difficulty as Omicron takes hold, will be a lack of staff to keep businesses running and a lack of supply as a supply chains are disrupted.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

711 and Family Mart are the local booze outlets. You can still drink, just not in a restaurant . I think the difficulty as Omicron takes hold, will be a lack of staff to keep businesses running and a lack of supply as a supply chains are disrupted.

I guess the authorities haven't deciphered there's not much difference between imbibing alcohol at a restaurant and the same with a large gathering of family/friends. 

29 minutes ago, Rain said:

I guess the authorities haven't deciphered there's not much difference between imbibing alcohol at a restaurant and the same with a large gathering of family/friends. 

Alcohol sales have surged through the pandemic 

I think it's more people staying at home with whoever resides is the house than large gatherings 

We aren't going to dinner tonight 

The wine and beer at home is definitely a deterrent from adding to a crowded restaurant 

12 hours ago, Marc26 said:

7-11 would be an essential service, I'd imagine 

Here in CM they have closed Tesco Hypermart stores and that is more than a 7-11 for essential service.

14 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Here in CM they have closed Tesco Hypermart stores and that is more than a 7-11 for essential service.

Tesco has departed Thailand altogether 😜😀

Frankly the revamped Lotus stores are terrible, not a patch on 7-11 and BigC usually better stocked with imports now,

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Frankly the revamped Lotus stores are terrible, not a patch on 7-11 and BigC usually better stocked with imports now,

Yeah well aware but my old habits are hard to change as I prefer calling them Tesco. The revamp and color change I absolutely hate. Our local small Tesco stupidly written Lotus's changed their store layout format and now me and the family just say nope. Very odd and uncomfortable, although a couple of the checker girls are really cute it still gets a - I will pass.

5 hours ago, Rain said:

Maybe they have and that's why they banned such "large gatherings" before.

22 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Yeah, I am all with you on the Big C thing. That is our only go to besides TOPS and Rimping. Unfortunately 7-11 is too convenient accomodating for me when I buy beer so I need to change from that as well but for that one I really like the kids who work there as we all get on pretty well.

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah, I am all with you on the Big C thing. That is our only go to besides TOPS and Rimping. Unfortunately 7-11 is too convenient accomodating for me when I buy beer so I need to change from that as well but for that one I really like the kids who work there as we all get on pretty well.

Our local "Go Fresh" has fortunately hardly changed and is still a good source of 'farang' fruit and veg not available in the market such as broccoli and leeks, as well as fresh chicken and pork and frozen fish, but why "Lotus's" ?   Lotus's what?

Just now, Stonker said:

Our local "Go Fresh" has fortunately hardly changed and is still a good source of 'farang' fruit and veg not available in the market such as broccoli and leeks, as well as fresh chicken and pork and frozen fish, but why "Lotus's" ?   Lotus's what?

That is Tesco's new name that they changed to after the CP buy out. They have changed quite a few things and for our local smaller store it was rearranged and is not appealing to us now. Big C is so much better.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

That is Tesco's new name that they changed to after the CP buy out. They have changed quite a few things and for our local smaller store it was rearranged and is not appealing to us now. Big C is so much better.

So what do you call two Lotus's? 🤔

Lotus's's?  Lotum?  Lotorum?

Great now we have Disease Control Committees running wild because people are getting sore throats and a runny nose. Better lock down these businesses for 2 weeks. f***ing idiots. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Got to be more than that as the virus is basically everywhere. How come 7-11’s are never mentioned? 

7-11 mafia and brown envelopes in a toasty holder  :)

first you get the money--then you get the power--then you get the women--and finally--a toasty

8 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Biiig Ceeeeeee---Suuuuu--paaaaahhh---cennnnn--thaaaa!  Pro-Mooooooh-Shuuuunnnn!   Sao baht!!!