News Forum - COVID-19 SATURDAY UPDATE: Provincial totals and data

Thaiger

[UPDATE: PROVINCIAL DATA IS INCLUDED BELOW] Covid-19 infections have taken a sharp rise from 3,000 at the start of the year to over 8,000 infections recorded yesterday, with imported cases doubling, though deaths have been fairly stable and low. Today, the CCSA reported 8,263 new infections, up 737 since yesterday, and 14 Coronavirus-related deaths, down 5 from yesterday. Since April 1, 2021, in the latest wave of the virus in Thailand, a total of 2,232,166 confirmed infections have been reported, with 21,813 total deaths from the pandemic. In the 24 hour period since the last count, the CCSA has reported […]

The story COVID-19 SATURDAY UPDATE: Provincial totals and data as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

And Bangkok remains blue?

If it's any consolation, are surrounding area hasn't been assigned a goofy and insignificant zone colour. 

A good thing?🤔

Just now, Rain said:

If it's any consolation, are surrounding area hasn't been assigned a goofy and insignificant zone colour. 

A good thing?🤔

You and I both know why Bangkok remains blue and its not because of the number of covid cases.

Money talks.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rain said:

A good thing?🤔

Oh yeah, which area's that? Alright for some 😏!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Oh yeah, which area's that? Alright for some 😏!

Guess my post above required a translation - 🤨

As in: The real Thailand and Thai society don't pay attention to these silly coloured sectors, even more so - don't give a rat's backside. 😘😉

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

What about Phuket, which has comparatively far more cases?

The whole 'blue' system is totally unjustifiable - I can see the arguments on both sides, but either alcohol is an issue or it's not.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

these are absolute numbers, if you divide those on a population, say per 100k, you will see a different picture

• Like 3

So, Chonburi  is three times higher than Chiang Mai, but because  its a tourist town, they dont shut Pattaya down.  Just ChiangMai.  How do they not lose face in light of their decision as the whole world witnesses these choices made to control covid.  I think Scientists  are sad to see the comedy unfold. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

these are absolute numbers, if you divide those on a population, say per 100k, you will see a different picture

Agreed, but Chonburi and Phuket are way worse than anywhere else.

... and even if you look at it on a per head basis, other provinces such as mine (Loei) are consistently less than half that of Bangkok and Phuket's over twenty times worse!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

What I will see is a lot of provinces are now orange while lower than Bangkok even on a per 100k basis.

31 minutes ago, Lifeboat said:

So, Chonburi  is three times higher than Chiang Mai, but because  its a tourist town, they dont shut Pattaya down.  Just ChiangMai.  How do they not lose face in light of their decision as the whole world witnesses these choices made to control covid.  I think Scientists  are sad to see the comedy unfold. 

My guess is the cities and provinces remaining blue have areas or land owned by those making the decisions at the top.  All about the money, science... not much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Agreed, but Chonburi and Phuket are way worse than anywhere else.

... and even if you look at it on a per head basis, other provinces such as mine (Loei) are consistently less than half that of Bangkok and Phuket's over twenty times worse!

yes, but those provinces are a tourist bait and i don't see how they will shut Phuket down after all that hype