News Forum - Bangkok to begin Pfizer vaccines for children 5-11 next month

Thaiger

The next round of the vaccine rollout is being prepared now by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and aims to use Pfizer vaccines for children under 12 years old. The rollout will be launched next month and will allow children between the ages of 5 years old and 11 years old to get vaccinated with the mRNA vaccine. While children over 12 years old have been given regular full doses of the Pfizer vaccine as part of Thailand’s vaccination programme, the dosage for children between 5 and 12 will be one-third of that amount, 10 micrograms in each of the 2 […]

The story Bangkok to begin Pfizer vaccines for children 5-11 next month as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

they are saying that all classes will now be online until at least the middle of Jan. that should read children that have been vaccinated will now have to do online lessons until the middle of the month.

my children who are under 12 and not vaccinated yet have yet to go to school this year and with the vaccination dates wont actually be able to go to school until the start of the new school year.

Even parents in China are refusing to get their children vaccinated and it is not even the mRNA vaccine. One friend in Shanghai and another in Beijing - literally said "over my dead body".  I can't believe anyone would inject their children with this!

• Like 4

Vaccinating children who are barely affected by Covid,with a rushed vaccine barely one year old ? Shame on the medical authorities.

Edited by Smithydog
Unnecessary reference removed.
  • Like 3

The adverse karmic affect of supporting these experimentals onto children who do not need them will have a heinous ripple effect for generations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

The adverse karmic affect of supporting these experimentals onto children who do not need them will have a heinous ripple effect for generations. 

That's quite possible. 

But then.....they really don't care, do they?

7 hours ago, CharlesW said:

Vaccinating children who are barely affected by Covid,with a rushed vaccine barely one year old ? Shame on the medical authorities.

Nothing rushed about the vaccines. Another distorted and fake news story. 

I don’t believe children should have the vaccine either, but not because I fear the vaccine, simply because wealthy nations should not be using vaccines in children, when many parts of the world haven’t vaccinated enough adults who are far more at risk of serious illness or death without the vaccine. 

Edited by Smithydog
Quoted post amended in line with change to original post
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Karmic affect! Comments like that scare me more than any virus. At least you can fight a virus.

• Like 1

Soi Dog says “nothing rushed about the vaccines” how is a mere 11 months not rushing ? Vaccines normally take 10 -15 years. I’m not an antivaxer, I’ve had the first 2 AZ, but will not have an MRNA booster. At the moment in U.K. they are only offering the booster Physer/Moderna jabs. No AZ available ...strange because it’s a lot cheaper. The reason is the government doesn’t want people to have only one brand, they are mixing it so that in future people won’t be able to compare possible health problems related to particular vaccines. 

Edited by Smithydog
Sentence defaming a person removed

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

Karmic affect! Comments like that scare me more than any virus. At least you can fight a virus.

You Reap What You Sow...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

I don’t believe children should have the vaccine either, but not because I fear the vaccine, simply because wealthy nations should not be using vaccines in children, when many parts of the world haven’t vaccinated enough adults who are far more at risk of serious illness or death without the vaccine. 

Nothing rushed about the vaccine roflmao...  you must be joking?  Are you drinking?  The test cycle was to be completed years later from now on the mRNA vaccines and you say nothing rushed unbelievable!

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

Ur joking right...

13 hours ago, Soidog said:

The point is they are all experimental... That point alone should raise some serious concerns. In the context of necessity, this push is beyond incompetence or negligence. 

On 1/9/2022 at 12:34 AM, CharlesW said:

Soi Dog says “nothing rushed about the vaccines” how is a mere 11 months not rushing ? Vaccines normally take 10 -15 years. I’m not an antivaxer, I’ve had the first 2 AZ, but will not have an MRNA booster. At the moment in U.K. they are only offering the booster Physer/Moderna jabs. No AZ available ...strange because it’s a lot cheaper. The reason is the government doesn’t want people to have only one brand, they are mixing it so that in future people won’t be able to compare possible health problems related to particular vaccines. 

There is much hype about Covid vaccines being “Rushed” and hence likely the same safety standards and checks not being observed. This is simply untrue. Most vaccine development, particularly in the early stages of exploration, requires a lot of money which increases as human trials begin. What normally happens is large pharmaceutical companies won’t fund the exploration stages in any large way until each and every exploratory work is completed, often taking 2-4 years. Then they wait until ALL results come in, then pour over the results, ask questions about further finance. Require more financial due diligence on the trials. Then go back to finance and request more funds, who agree to release a portion of what’s really needed to fully fund the next stage (pre-clinical) and the same slow, long drawn out processes of financial funding is repeated. In essence, the vast majority of the 5-10 year period often quoted is due to financial funding and appetite for risk. With Covid vaccines, backed by billions of governments funding, all of these delays were overcome. It became possible to do all of the early work, before it went to human trial, in parallel. The money wasn’t held back until each stage was completed. This didn’t mean the quality of each stage was reduced. It just took away all of the delays of funding. 

Then you move in to three phases of human clinical trials. Normally each one again is run for a standard period of time. And then the delays are added whereby the finance is held back until more financial due diligence is applied. No preparation for the next stage of trials is allowed to be funded until all of this financial due diligence is completed. In the case of Covid vaccines, all of preparatory work between each phase was fully funded. People for the next trial were already contacted. They were all screened in advance. All pre trial checks were done on the people and they were all set and primed ready to go. Normally all of this work has to wait because there is no money to fund a 10,000 candidate human trial. At no stage were the clinical trials cut short or any of the analysis on the results cut short. It was all about interstage funding and preparation that was removed.  

In addition, following the problems or SARs and MERs in the early and mid 2000’s, the world developed new techniques to sequence vaccines quickly. This has often been referred to as “plug & play”. This has also significantly reduced the time of these early stages to complete. The technology for vaccine development has moved on in the past 15-20 years. 

All of the above means that the 90% of delays normally imposed on vaccine development due to financial funding and low financial risk taking was removed from the process. The same of course could be applied to other vaccines, if the government will was there. However, as most nasty diseases like Ebola don’t affect rich western countries, then it’s simply not funded by governments around the world. 

So the vaccine testing wasn’t compromised. They are as safe as any vaccine taking 5-10 years to produce. In fact your could say safer, as many clinical trials were done by multiple organisations. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

The point is they are all experimental... That point alone should raise some serious concerns. In the context of necessity, this push is beyond incompetence or negligence. 

Experimental having gone through at least three stages of clinical trials, just as other vaccines that are probably already in your body have. Don’t listen to the hype about them being “rushed” or corners cut. It’s simply not true for the vaccines such as Pfizer, AZ, Moderna and J&J. All vaccines, when they are first launched are experimental. Just as aircraft flying you are or the brakes on your new model car are. However, nothing experimental about the Covid virus. If you are unlucky it will kill you.  Get the vaccine 👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

There is much hype about Covid vaccines being “Rushed” and hence likely the same safety standards and checks not being observed. This is simply untrue. Most vaccine development, particularly in the early stages of exploration, requires a lot of money which increases as human trials begin. What normally happens is large pharmaceutical companies won’t fund the exploration stages in any large way until each and every exploratory work is completed, often taking 2-4 years. Then they wait until ALL results come in, then pour over the results, ask questions about further finance. Require more financial due diligence on the trials. Then go back to finance and request more funds, who agree to release a portion of what’s really needed to fully fund the next stage (pre-clinical) and the same slow, long drawn out processes of financial funding is repeated. In essence, the vast majority of the 5-10 year period often quoted is due to financial funding and appetite for risk. With Covid vaccines, backed by billions of governments funding, all of these delays were overcome. It became possible to do all of the early work, before it went to human trial, in parallel. The money wasn’t held back until each stage was completed. This didn’t mean the quality of each stage was reduced. It just took away all of the delays of funding. 

Then you move in to three phases of human clinical trials. Normally each one again is run for a standard period of time. And then the delays are added whereby the finance is held back until more financial due diligence is applied. No preparation for the next stage of trials is allowed to be funded until all of this financial due diligence is completed. In the case of Covid vaccines, all of preparatory work between each phase was fully funded. People for the next trial were already contacted. They were all screened in advance. All pre trial checks were done on the people and they were all set and primed ready to go. Normally all of this work has to wait because there is no money to fund a 10,000 candidate human trial. At no stage were the clinical trials cut short or any of the analysis on the results cut short. It was all about interstage funding and preparation that was removed.  

In addition, following the problems or SARs and MERs in the early and mid 2000’s, the world developed new techniques to sequence vaccines quickly. This has often been referred to as “plug & play”. This has also significantly reduced the time of these early stages to complete. The technology for vaccine development has moved on in the past 15-20 years. 

All of the above means that the 90% of delays normally imposed on vaccine development due to financial funding and low financial risk taking was removed from the process. The same of course could be applied to other vaccines, if the government will was there. However, as most nasty diseases like Ebola don’t affect rich western countries, then it’s simply not funded by governments around the world. 

So the vaccine testing wasn’t compromised. They are as safe as any vaccine taking 5-10 years to produce. In fact your could say safer, as many clinical trials were done by multiple organisations. 

Long-worded, but good content (and I agree with it all). 

I would additionally have mentioned some (minor) shortcuts that were taken, such as BioNTech/Pfizer deciding upon the dose selection based on experience rather than experimental validation, or the somewhat larger than usual exclusion of certain medical or psychiatric profiles from the phase 1/2/3 studies. It would also have been fair to mention there's always a post-licensure safety monitoring period that extends several years beyond roll-out and may result in a withdrawal.

(by no means because it ever so slightly blemishes your analysis, but because it shows a transparent, non-biased approach)

2 hours ago, Transam said:

Sorry, has it been mentioned, that the kids vax is not the same as the adults..

Do you have a link or something to bolster your post...?

Karma... in science, if you "trust the science" calls it the third law of motion. These gene therapies are experimental... that means the long term affects are not known. My point is, it is not necessary to give experimental therapies to children for illnesses that do not need them. It's called a risk vs. benefit analysis. And when you look at the situation honestly, you wouldn't be asking me this question. I suspect you want me to provide some link that provides evidence that these "vaccinations" are causing detremental effects?... but do I really need to keep repeating myself here, repeating myself to "bolster" a point that you do in fact already know? You already know that we don't know the long term effects... so why are we giving them again? They're not needed in children.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2009/jul/29/thalidomide-birth-defects-asbestos-drugs

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 1